Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Your Guilty Pleasure

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 271 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 16, 2012 1:05:02 PM PDT
A customer says:
I don't think C. Harding's point was that he shouldn't be judged, but that he doesn't care whether he's judged or not. I can respect that. Still, while some people's posts may appear bulletproof, a certain elite few here possess a rather hollow point level of word wizardry. Be careful.

I'm gonna throw out... Gloria Estefan.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:14:55 PM PDT
C. Harding says:
I'm almost 40 years old. If someone wants to judge me based on a band I enjoy listening to, well.....worse things have happened over the years. Since attacking my tastes isn't going to affect me one way or the other, and it apparently brings joy and meaning to others, well then, they can have at it.

Here, I'll even help them out.....I listened to Bryan Adams on the way to work today. haha

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:40:17 PM PDT
mitch says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXkd2NyCCE

How's that.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:41:38 PM PDT
mitch says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCuLY6GgQ2E&feature=related

even better

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:43:49 PM PDT
Nobody here care what you listen to....or at least I don't care. We are just busting your chops.....a lot of us do this to each other, it's nothing personal its just a little ribbing.

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:55:08 PM PDT
Bobage says:
It's the guilty pleasures thread, chop busting is required!

I own a Yanni CD, top that!

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:57:59 PM PDT
I own Saigon Kick - The Lizard

What of it???

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:27:04 PM PDT
C. Harding says:
@mitch, I couldn't get the URLs to work.

@Anders, it's cool. I do think it's funny when one's chop-busting over music tastes take a tone akin to moral outrage and disgust, but either way, whatever. If it doesn't hurt me and it gives someone else pleasure, it's all good.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:39:36 PM PDT
k scott says:
Bryan Adams has some killer tunes. You know you've got something going when you can make a Rickenbacher sound heavy--just like the Smithereens. Another killer band by the way. I don't know how far some of you guy's metal goes but I mostly listen to a lot of black metal and the likes. Throw in some death metal for good measure but I don't stop there. But I listened to Duran Durans "Rio" on the way to work and kicked in some "Reach the Beach" by the Fixx the other night. Love me some good ol' grindcore, toss in some symphonic black metal and old school style death metal. I played in a blackened death metal band for 5 years, blah, blah.

But I guess what I am trying to say is there are very few bands I have let go of. I still cherish the memories of listening to Prince's "1999" when it first came out. That man also ruled the world when Y2K came about. All the bands I discovered as I grew up, for the most part I still listen to them. I can't tell you how many old friends I have that look back on those bands with pure disgust. Their loss, not mine.

As far as Prince goes, the guy is a complete genious. Not all of his work has been great but that is not the point. "Purple Rain" is in my top 20 albums of all time, if not top 10. That man can write, arrange, produce, mix, engineer and play more instruments than we have fingers, and quite possibly toes. I rank Trent Reznor a close second. He himself created not just a genre, but an entire universe.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:54:22 PM PDT
mitch says:
Oh my youtube clips were Bruce Willis and Steven Seagel performing some crap they wrote.

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:56:03 PM PDT
C. Harding says:
HAHA.....I'll have to try the URLs again when I get home. Could be the phone.

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:08:33 PM PDT
Bobage says:
@ Harding - We're talking Enuff Znuff here, moral outrage and disgust are par! Their name alone makes me want to suplex a band member through a plate glass window!

@ Scott - You're going to go with "killer" as a descriptor for Bryan Adams? Heh heh. The Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions. Also, what genre do you think Trent Reznor created exactly? (For the love of all that is holy, please don't say Industrial...)

Posted on May 16, 2012 3:29:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 4:31:15 PM PDT
k scott says:
@ Bobage
Ok, ok, so Bryan Adams is Canadian but you can't go that direction because so is Rush. That is why Bryan Adams falls into the "guilty" part of the pleasure. He had the hooks, the melodies, the arrangements that all made up great songs. How could you NOT like them??? Didn't Bob Rock produce that album??? ZNuff said.

As far as Trent Reznor goes, he took a seed and grew it into a forest as far as Industrial goes. I don't even like the term Industrial by itself because he used many aspect from goth, techno, punk, metal, etc. to create something that others have done but none have come close to equalling.

Posted on May 16, 2012 4:45:50 PM PDT
k scott says:
@ Bobage

Plus you have NOTHING against Bryan Adams!!!! N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!! Everything you say is a mute point because you have Yanni!!!!! WTF?!?!?!? Let me guess, you have Kenny G too??? There are some things that some people don't admit to when they are in the midst of certain circles. Yanni=cross line. Too bad, so sad. Sorry sir, you must find another discussion group. Even I won't admit to owning Billy Ray Cyrus. Ooopps!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 5:02:30 PM PDT
Eat this: http://youtu.be/eubhg1gTyj8

You have all been smoked out!

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:06:39 PM PDT
wippernaut says:
The Titan A.E. soundtrack, especially The Urge - It's My Time to Fly.

Oh U.D.O's Faceless World, especially Heart of God, and especially the music video...

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:50:47 AM PDT
I love all the ball busting, that's kinda what I was hoping for when I started this thread. You are not allowed to get offended here, to much offence (like the Canadien reference) taken on every other thread. I say admit the garbage you like, receive the beating you deserve, and come out the other side feeling refreshed.

Here we go..........I actually don't hate "St Anger"
Let the beating begin

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 5:30:04 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
k scott says:
@ Bobage
Ok, ok, so Bryan Adams is Canadian but you can't go that direction because so is Rush. That is why Bryan Adams falls into the "guilty" part of the pleasure. He had the hooks, the melodies, the arrangements that all made up great songs. How could you NOT like them??? Didn't Bob Rock produce that album??? ZNuff said.
----------------------------------------------------------
HA! The ending statement cracks me up. lmao

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:02:03 AM PDT
Bobage says:
Industrial was far more than a seed by the time Reznor polished it up and made it palatable for the mainstream listener. I give due credit as he is a talented and passionate dude, but he certainly didn't create a genre. Besides, you wonder how anyone could NOT like Bryan Adams, so you're suspect.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:19:27 AM PDT
I'll be the first beater: James Hetfield sounds like he is passing a kidney stone throughout the whole album.The garbage cans, I mean drums, add to the the synchronized suck of this entire load of deutsche. The riffs are meh....and the bass??? You and Ian have at it. This album blows from start to finish. I will not ressurect this album and give it "another chance" EVER.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:54:02 AM PDT
L. Bazan says:
The Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:00:54 AM PDT
k scott says:
Lord Bobage, I beg forgiveness. I am but a lowly, not very well informed soul. May I nurse from the teat of knowlege from now on.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:14:25 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
I've got everyone on the metal board talking about Bryan f'ing Adams. It's a good day. hahahaha

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:29:04 AM PDT
Does it cut like a knife??

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:35:00 AM PDT
Nanana........Nanana..........Nanana...........Yeeeaaahhhh!!! *rips to the solo*
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  271
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions