Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Favorite Christian Metal band?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 224 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 21, 2012 3:50:59 PM PDT
A customer says:
So, I relive my 14th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's, my first threesome, the only day my father ever said he was proud of me, then I blink out of existence... nah, I like Surgical's Valhalla idea better. I want Heaven to look like Middle-Earth. That's my idea of heaven, being able to role play in all my favorite fictional worlds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:30:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2012 7:24:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 7:08:54 AM PDT
No thanks, now leave we are tired of this!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 5:00:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 24, 2012 5:06:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 7:09:50 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
The presence of false religions. How do you know your religion isn't one of the false ones?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 7:44:31 PM PDT
@Ash
He's brainwashed he has FAITH that it is. Just like I had faith that this rock I prayed to will bring me dinner and guess what it did....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 8:12:17 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
Haha. Nice one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 9:34:45 PM PDT
TheoGrouch says:
I believe you're talking about Janaza ("MUSLIM BLASPHEMOUS DEATH METAL - DEATH TO ALLA!!!!!"); or Seeds of Iblis. SOI is fronted by Anahita, who does vocals and all instruments for Janaza. Brave lady, she's probably got so many death threats for daring to oppose Islam, and she keeps doing it! I'm impressed.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:51:50 PM PDT
TheoGrouch says:
My favorite Christian metal bands:
One Bad Pig
Bride (first four albums)
Vengeance Rising
Believer
Galactic Cowboys (four part harmony + metal)
Shout/Magdallan/ Ken Tamplin
Living Sacrifice
Tourniquet
Bloodgood
Angelica

Not metal but worth a listen:
REZ Band (first Christian biker band)
Darrell Mansfield (good ol' blues based Southern Rock, heavy on the harmonica)
Altar Boys (punk)
Lust Control (punk)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:06:50 AM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
Can't remember if I mentioned Bride but they had some great material.

Galactic Cowboys is Christian? That's another that snuck up on me. I love their S/T and Space in Your Face. Great albums.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:14:46 AM PDT
Rhadamanthus says:
Project 86 is by far my personal favorite, though I've also highly enjoyed Demon Hunter and Living Sacrifice over the years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 7:42:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 29, 2012 6:05:49 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 7:59:51 PM PDT
You know whats funny is that I find the Catholic church to be abhorrent, repulsive & needlessly offensive for covering up child molestation and not too mention the blood on there hands that will never be washed off. But you don't see me hitting somebody over the head with it because I'm sure if I had the time and space I could show you a plethora of material.

And yet you can hang your hat on a book that has been in the hands of the few for thousands of years by the Catholic church and translated by them, who knows what they slipped in and who knows what they are hiding in the Vatican.

So step off your high and mighty soap box and drop it, we are here to talk metal, you want to talk religion there is a Christianity forum you can hang out at and talk bad about the "guys" in the metal forum.

See you in Hell.....

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:31:10 PM PDT
A customer says:
"who knows what they are hiding in the Vatican"

They have UFO's there. The Holy See is developing weapons of interplanetary destruction with alien technology under the auspices of the papacy. Open your eyes, brah.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:35:46 PM PDT
I apperently misread something and thought you were quoting from someone elses discussion. My intent wasn't to be rude to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:38:02 PM PDT
I don't particuarly care what someone else listens to, assuming I don't have to hear it. As I replyed to him, I misunderstood his quote and the intent. That being said I explained my rational clearly. So whatever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:45:41 PM PDT
I was talking about scrolls they have found from the era....but the UFO thing is funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 10:47:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 10:48:57 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
"Only through Christ's sacrifice on the cross can one come to the Father."

That statement right there sums up my biggest problem with Christianity (aside from the so-called "Christians" who misuse their religion to abuse, terrorize and oppress). Wouldn't it be a better system if you got to be judged based on your own achievements, failures, deeds and misdeeds? I'm sorry Christ had to suffer and die on a cross.....what a horrible way to go! BUT....it ain't got nothin' to do with me. If God requires me to get down on my knees and beg, plead, praise, thank.......rather than just be the best person I can be and let me be evaluated on that alone, then God strikes me as a little too arrogant and egotistical (not to mention, despotic) for my tastes. That's just me....if others find solace, peace, reassurance or whatever in God, then that's cool, I have no problem with that. But honestly, the picture the Bible - and many Christians in general - paints of God is not something I would respect in any other individual or entity. He seems to posses a lot of qualities that a true deity worth worshipping should be way beyond.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 11:15:30 AM PDT
Well put Harding

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 7:13:30 PM PDT
A customer says:
But aren't deities *supposed* to be demanding and self-obsessed? Honestly, would you worship some wuss who goes "meh... just try your best"? We are talking about someone's GOD, not someone's I'm-starting-a-savings-bond-so-you-can-go-to-college-when-you-grow-up father. Gods aren't meant to be meek, they're meant to do what they will with their creations.

If that's too theoretical for you to accept, let me try saying it this way: Your parents created you. They are, for all intents and purposes, your bosses. They demand respect, right? They want some gratitude for what they do, right? Now take God. Let's say, for the sake of argument, God DID create humankind. That makes him sorta like everyone's daddy. Does daddy want respect and gratitude from you little brats? You're damned right he does. It's not like he told us to sacrifice 1,000 goats every sabbath. Bloodletting isn't mentioned in the Commandments. He doesn't want the menfolk to amputate their penes after marriage or anything freaky like that. He just wants your thanks. Is that honestly asking too much? Like, really? I'd say we got off pretty easy, there.

Bear in mind, I'm just doing this for argument's sake. I'm not here to proselytize anything to anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 8:41:28 PM PDT
There is stuff like this though

2 Samuel 12:11-14
Today's New International Version (TNIV)
11 "This is what the Lord says: `Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.'"

13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord."

Nathan replied, "The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for[a] the Lord, the son born to you will die."

God seems pretty vindictive.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:47:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 8:47:30 PM PDT
and this,

"According to the biblical story, God commands Abraham to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice. (Genesis 22:5 and 22:8). After Isaac is bound to an altar, the angel of God stops Abraham at the last minute, saying "now I know you fear God.""

nice deity

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 8:49:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 8:51:30 PM PDT
A customer says:
The Punisher was vindictive. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good guy. Or a badass, for that matter. Frankly, I believe that's the way a god SHOULD be. Alas, that's not what the New Testament foists upon us. Oh well.

I say again, I WOULD NOT want an all-absolving, pre-universal hippie pushover for a god.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 8:59:24 PM PDT
Jesus Christ was a hippie. I've read his stuff; and basically, if you're not living your life to help your neighbor and the down-trodden, you're burning in hell.

He was a very communal type dude, quite the contradiction of his father.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:09:30 PM PDT
What are you talking about there were animal sacrifices for sins in the old testament and if you didn't offer the right sacrifice automatic death...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  May 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions