Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Favorite Christian Metal band?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 224 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:16:08 PM PDT
A customer says:
Fan fiction. Quoting the Bible literally is like citing unauthorized Star Wars novelizations at an otacon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:29:48 PM PDT
meh didn't care enough to get you book chapter and verse....but if you like the band Hate from Poland, they have a dvd that lists all kinds of funny things the bible says with book chapter and verse...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:36:06 PM PDT
Love this one, the father sins so you punish him by killing his son who has done nothing wrong...makes sense doesn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 9:44:10 PM PDT
A customer says:
I don't want a book, chapter, or verse. I want people to cease using some unsubstanciated relic from almost 2,000 yeard ago as ammo for or against Christianity. It's hardly reliable, either way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:25:55 AM PDT
who? says:
So, you're admitting it's fiction.

Finally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:31:03 AM PDT
who? says:
It is the basis for the religion.

That's the contradiction. What's this? A 2,000 year old unreliable relic? No problem, I'll make you believe; but don't use it against me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 4:40:17 AM PDT
who? says:
You're over looking the first part, the dudes wives (what?) are going to be publicly banged so that all of Israel can see it.

Nice. I wonder if someone still has that video?

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 6:12:44 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
Ian, in my view, my parents were far more kind and nurturing than God seems. They never behaved in a vindictive or spiteful or chidlish manner towards me. They were there for me when I needed them. Their lessons were taught in a clear, straightforward way that didn't imply a silly mind game, and not in an ambiguous, nonsensical and contradictory way. They did not advocate violence against others, and certainly not for minor (or imagined) offenses. Those are just some of the differences I see between my parents and the Christian version of God.

An effective parent doesn't need to demand respect or obedience; they earn it through their deeds and actions. In fact, since you bring up the issue of wussiness, I should mention, to me, an entity or individual who is so unsure of himself or herself that he or she feels the need to demand things like respect and obedience seems pretty wuss to me. I mean, really, how lacking in confidence does someone need to be to feel the need to send one's own only son down to be tortured and murdered just to get people to take notice of that someone? Talk about leaving the dirty work to someone else. Now that I'm really thinking about it, it's pretty pathetic and disgusting and totally wuss if you ask me.

Well.....I guess we all know I'll be burning. haha

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 8:07:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 8:16:27 AM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which He has inflicted upon men, He would kill Himself."

- Alexandre Dumas Pere

Don't know the thoughts on this but I've always felt that way. How incredibly easy would it be to have the power to do anything, to know everything, never feel sick, never be in pain, have your heart's desire, design your universe, and control everything? Yet we who must overcome sickness, financial hardship, and build our bodies and minds and careers are the ones to be judged? That's like the Hilton sisters telling an engineer how easy his job is and grading him on it. You're completely unqualified to judge others when you've never walked in their shoes. Some would say that is the test of faith. To overcome adversity and still praise his name. Like the story of Jobe, I believe his name was? However it does the exact opposite for me. It makes me appreciate the breaks, the love, and the encouragement I did get from people around me all the time. I don't have faith. I know without the shadow of a doubt that mom, dad, and my lady have my back until they should die. I know I can use my brain, hands, experience, and education to accomplish.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:57:39 AM PDT
Exactly the point, plus they use circular argument....you make one valid point and goes back to the book, make another good point and it goes back to the book....so in reality it is pointless to argue with these types it just keeps going on and on and on....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 8:58:25 AM PDT
Ash
Nice quote brother

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 9:09:10 AM PDT
who? says:
"Yet we who must overcome sickness, financial hardship, and build our bodies and minds and careers are the ones to be judged?"

And,

Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 11:06:31 AM PDT
Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 11:44:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2012 11:44:54 AM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
That's actually really metal. I could imagine you screaming "die" in a real brutal death metal way. We might not agree on some things but that post made my day. All is cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 12:42:27 PM PDT
A customer says:
"they earn it through their deeds and actions"
The whole world wasn't enough, huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 12:45:18 PM PDT
A customer says:
Word of mouth and personal experience is the basis of the religion, not some book that's been copy edited and retconned a thousand times. The Bible is a lamer version of Aesop's Tales, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 1:55:55 PM PDT
C. Harding says:
Sweets To The Sweet says:
"they earn it through their deeds and actions"
The whole world wasn't enough, huh?

----------------------------------------------------------

What the heck are you talking about?

First, I was talking parents in general, not specifically my parents. Second, and with that cleared up, there are plenty of people in this world that got less than nothing from their parents. The manner in which you're trying to frame it would have kids giving thanks and praise to horribly abusive or neglectful parents just for giving them life and, apparently, whether they were good parents or just made their kid's life horrible or miserable doesn't matter. Please.

So yes, even parents have to earn the respect of their children.

Playing Devil's (or, in this case, God's?) advocate only works when you actually have a good point to make. ;-P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 2:33:15 PM PDT
??? what the hell are you talking about!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 2:47:31 PM PDT
A customer says:
It's not just life, it's everything. Literally, everything around you. The crux of the matter isn't whether or not the point per se is good, it's simply *a* point; an alternate side to the argument, if you will. I never said the point was good. It's just... there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 2:54:27 PM PDT
A customer says:
I was descanting my theory on time travel; specifically, my postulation that a 5-year old on a Big Wheels could conceivably pedal fast enough to rip a wormhole in time and space... obviously.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 5:52:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 5:57:01 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
I guess what I meant by it not being a good point is that it makes no sense. To me, anyway. So I'm not so sure it's as "there" as you think. lol

I believe it is just silly to think one should - or expect one to - respect someone just because of some biological connection or because of the parental label. I can guarantee you, were my father someone like, say, Jerry Sandusky......he would certainly not have my respect regardless of what our relation was. I'd feel nothing but shame, humiliation and embarassment......not to mention, searing anger......all far cries from anything resembling respect. To suggest one should respect a guy like that just because of a biological relation is....I don't know.....to me, it sounds either crazy or perhaps demonstrates some twisted affection for subservience to a tyrant.

Nope, that's not for me. But, to each, his or her own.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 4:56:54 AM PDT
Slayer-Reign in Blood
Should convert any try-hard metallers to the true force.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 8:55:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2012 8:55:47 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
Timmy did it with an electric wheelchair on South Park so I guess it's possible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 9:03:34 PM PDT
A customer says:
Touche, very much. Stan Marsh did it, too, with his pinewood derby car.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 2:19:03 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
Oh yeah. That was the greatest theft ever. "If you have any clues as to Princess Leia's whereabouts..." Haha
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  May 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions