Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Former Angel Dust singer Dirk Thurisch is back with MERCURY TIDE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2012 3:09:40 PM PDT
Killing Saw

Posted on May 9, 2012 4:36:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2012 4:38:49 AM PDT
Thanks for the Mercury Tide update - wasn't aware there was a new album on hand. Thurisch's previous band Angel Dust, were one of the most crimanally underrated German power metal bands' who brought out a steady stream of quality albums - were virtually unknown outside their native Germany. Those who haven't had the chance to hear Angel Dust's music, then check out album's, 'Of Human Bondage', 'Enlighten the Darkness', 'Border of Reality' and 'Bleed' - quality stuff!!.

Posted on May 9, 2012 7:21:12 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
Bleed was great. Of Human Bondage was kind of a mess. The other two are somewhere in-between. I wish they'd do an official reissue of their first two thrash/speed metal albums.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 3:42:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2012 3:45:40 AM PDT
Out of the four albums I mentioned, 'Bleed' and 'Enlighten the Darkness' were the two stand out releases for me. The first two albums 'Into the dark Past' and 'To dust you will Decay', are highly sort after and worth a fair mint nowadays to the seller if sold on. These two albums were pretty good for the time (different vocalist if I recall), but Angel Dust were a band cutting their teeth into a first time market. I agree that a (digital) reissue of the first two albums would be very welcome package indeed - the reissue treatment was given to the first two Brainstorm albums sometime back, with a number of bonus tracks added in for good measure.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 5:14:45 AM PDT
Justin G. says:
I picked up those Brainstorm albums and was not impressed. Andy Franck's voice is really key to Brainstorm's sound.

Posted on May 10, 2012 1:10:35 PM PDT
Would rather have a new Angel Dust album than a Mercury Tide album....
Your reply to AndersJohanson's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 2:20:26 PM PDT
but that's impossible... AD won't comeback... Check "Killing Saw" there are some great reviews out in some metal webzines.Killing Saw
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  May 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions