Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

What are you listening to NOW Part 2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3976-4000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 4:24:27 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I'll tell you that Toxik's Think This is definitely an incredible album. Love that guys vox. Great band.

and Beneath the Remains is just a powerhouse of an album, unrelenting thrash...

Posted on May 31, 2013 4:17:53 PM PDT
Dark Tranquillity- Construct

I have spun this album several times, and I have yet to find anything about it that I don't like. I really enjoy how this album turned out, kind of has this The Mind's I/Haven hybrid feel. I think it's worth a listen...better turn out than "We Are the Void", for sure.

Posted on May 31, 2013 4:11:33 PM PDT
Sodom- Conjuration

An almost dark vault
There meet the maniacs
Burning, flickering candles
Smell of blood and death

Please the favor of the black
Earthly joys at midnight
In the horror creep and crawl
No one knows what's wrong or right

Terror comes as an invasion
And the pain pulls you down
Conjuration

The ceremony can begin
The supper to the evil
Crowned with thorns black rose
Crucified to the rites of fall

Tarred and feathered
Black holy relics offered
The ram in priestly form
Says the mass in black and blood

Terror comes as an invasion
And the pain pulls you down
Conjuration

Blasphemy of the sacrament
To the glory of the dark
Virgin dance and chanting
Wear the burning mark

The rising of the corpse begins
Through prayer oath and howl
They rip to pieces what doesn't fly
They strike with naked fist

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 4:02:51 PM PDT
I like it, really just a fan of that black-thrash sound. I really like M-16 though, nearly as much as Agent Orange. It honestly hard to choose a favorite Thrash album, since I've really consumed more Thrash than anything else. I just remembered how much I like Megadeth's So Far, So Good, So What? (only have a tape player in my car, so my uncle gave me his old collection). Really freakin good album, very underrated too.

@Take No Prisoners
Awesome album, was jamming to it earlier. Love me some sludge.

Posted on May 31, 2013 3:52:27 PM PDT
Blue Öyster Cult - - Revolution By Night

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 3:22:28 PM PDT
Yeah I agree Agent Orange is an enjoyable album, Im not sure it comes anywhere close to my favorite thrash album...Hell, to be honest its not even my favorite from 1989...the year of its release. Beneath The Remains and Think This from 89 alone I would reach for first...But yeah don't take this the wrong way...I like the album, just trying to generate conversation through opinion.

What do you think of Persecution Mania?

Listening now
Deicide - Serpents of the Light

Posted on May 31, 2013 2:43:37 PM PDT
Crowbar - Time Heals Nothing

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 6:38:22 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
That'll do it...

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2013 6:38:08 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
So Beyond Creation was there? That's crazy - they obviously fixed their visa problem... Too bad Immolation didn't do it for ya.

Yeah what I meant was the largely Barnes material first half of the set. I dug the hell out of that. Great way to kick off the show. I'm pretty sure I have not seen them play Edible Autopsy more than once either...love that song.

Posted on May 31, 2013 5:41:45 AM PDT
Feeling like sh...this morning, need a kick in the ass:

Terrorizer-World Downfall

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 10:17:08 PM PDT
A customer says:
Just got back from the show. Beyond Creation was meh. Immolation was disappointing. They did like 6 songs, mostly new stuff. Robert Vigna is an amazing player, but his constant showboating got on my nerves. They were just okay. I expected a lot more from them. Napalm Death was amazing. Cannibal was Cannibal. Incredible set list. I saw exactly what you meant. The pit was one of the most violent I've ever seen. Awesome show.

Posted on May 30, 2013 7:56:42 PM PDT
jgamerfl says:
White Wizzard- Strike the Iron

there a new song that doesn't sound like crap

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 7:52:57 PM PDT
jgamerfl says:
Just heard both new songs and is he going the Geoff Tate route or what? Getting rid of all guitar solos. I think the longest he went without singing was like 15 seconds.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 3:34:08 PM PDT
This is probably my favorite thrash metal album. So good.

Posted on May 30, 2013 3:27:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2013 3:28:04 PM PDT
Mr. Bungle- OU818 (demo)
Mr. Bungle- Bizarre Fest 2000

Posted on May 30, 2013 3:20:18 PM PDT
Sodom - Agent Orange

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2013 2:46:53 PM PDT
lol yeah...heard that song on youtube...what a pile...

Deicide - Amon Feasting The Beast

Posted on May 30, 2013 12:23:11 PM PDT
YOB-the Great Cessation

Posted on May 30, 2013 5:10:09 AM PDT
A customer says:
I just heard that one song. It was awful. I kept waiting for a solo to come along and redeem the track at least somewhat, but it never happened.

Posted on May 29, 2013 9:34:35 PM PDT
Eric Wyatt says:
Megadeth - Super Collider...... and it's really bad. Wow. What was Dave Mustaine thinking???? e is having a RISK flashback. This album is horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 2:39:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2013 2:42:28 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I must admit I hate reading reviews. I do get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I read one where the reviewer agrees with my take on an album - I just do - but other than that - I don't let anything other than how an album actually makes me feel - influence how I feel about an album. I do find it annoying to read someone tear apart an album I see so much in. If anything - it illustrates as clear as an azure sky - that an individuals take on an album is absolutely subjective. Gorguts' Obscura is pretty damn incredible.

Oh, hey Ian - you are in for a treat tomorrow night by the way man.

Immolation, Napalm Death, then Cannibal Corpse (in that order) was one hell of a night, to say the least. Ross Dolan and Bob Vigna, (and later Bill Taylor), were hangin at the merch table, hopefully you'll get a chance to say whats up to those dudes. Because Beyond Creation dropped due to Visa issues, Immolation's set was lengthened - that is a win. They killed it man - great set. Father You're Not a Father was an obvious standout for me... Napalm was also operating under the "no hucks given" mode of playing. The short songs made it seem like a ton of material got cranked out.

Then Cannibal Corpse put on one hell of a show as expected. I trust the set list won't differ much from last night, and I won't spoil any surprises...but one absolutely is not a normal part of the set, and the fashion they began the set with, was much to everyones liking. I won't elaborate, as the effect will be more potent when it unfolds before your eyes. Enjoy dude.

Posted on May 29, 2013 1:46:49 PM PDT
A customer says:
Gorguts - Obscura

After reading the 0% review on MA, I just had to play this to see if I've been wrong this whole time.

Nope, still a masterpiece.

Posted on May 29, 2013 7:20:32 AM PDT
Alice in Chains-the Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

Posted on May 29, 2013 1:49:56 AM PDT
Cryptopsy - Curse of the Great

Posted on May 28, 2013 4:04:40 PM PDT
Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  227
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 9, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions