Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson forum

Can you please explain?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 212 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 5, 2012 6:12:00 PM PST
http://bumpshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/michael-jackson-legs-photos-vitiligo.jpg

So this pic of his leg right here. I have heard so many diff stories and don't know what to believe. Like if i was not a fan and saw this i would have thought MJ was crazy like the media said too. Don't get mad at what i said, im just saying that's whatwould have happened. I don't blame anyone for thinking whatever in this pic.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 6:29:18 PM PST
J. Leone says:
Why would seeing Michael's injured leg make you think he was crazy??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 6:30:00 PM PST
MJ4ALLTIME says:
Keeping It Real, why would this picture make you believe that MJ was crazy? Have you never seen a leg wound? What is so remarkable about this one? If I recall correctly, this had to do with a spider bite but regardless of what caused the wound I'm puzzled by your position.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:12:45 PM PST
Lol because ive heard so many stories and don't know what is true. When i first saw that i read spider bite. Another popular article said that Joe said it was something dealing with medical usage. They made it seem like a drug issue of course but it's like....what the heck. Both stories sound possible or they could all be wrong. I just don't understand why MJ would take a pic of this period. But when i saw this i just question it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 7:47:41 PM PST
MJ4ALLTIME says:
If my memory serves me correct, Dr. Klein mentioned the spider thing as well.. Personally I see nothing wrong with it. I don't know the circumstances under which it was taken but it's no big deal.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:55:33 PM PST
I hope you are right.a lot of people took it out of context though. Im feeling fine about saying spider bite though. I wonder what it looked like after it healed. That mess did make you think of crystal meth though or acid.lol im just saying

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:01:49 PM PST
Im just wondering how in the world did he get that big ole bite on his leg though..like what the heck..did he let him feed on him!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:12:07 PM PST
DCRN says:
Michael had a brown recluse spider bite which became infected and he developed cellulitis. That is what the picture here is. Medical professionals always take pix of wounds when performing wound care and dressing changes. Medical records (charts) are full of pictures of wounds (weekly measurements by law must be documented and should be accompanied by full progress reports - with the pix taken weekly as well). We have to submit all the info to the insurance provider to support the treatment (verifies progress) so the provider of the treatment will be reimbursed for the patient care. That picture looks routine for that purpose and appears to be have taken after it was cleaned prior to dressing the wound. No way was MJ walking around with a wound like that open to the air - without proper wound care and dressings to heal and prevent further risk of advancing the infection. Poor guy - that is very painful to have to go through and that wound looks like it would take months to close properly. Especially with the prednisone (for the Lupus) which would slow the healing.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:15:59 PM PST
When i see this i think...my poor baby....but then im like that's what he get for having a pet spider.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 8:16:34 PM PST
MJ4ALLTIME says:
I have no idea what crystal meth or acid looks like, sorry. Errrr, have you considered that it's normal for areas surrounding a wound to be impacted and that it's not necessarily the case he has a gigantic bite? Oy vey.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:19:08 PM PST
Mj4life i have nothing more to say about this. DCRN has stated everything i need to know

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 8:19:24 PM PST
J. Leone says:
I don't think anyone would keep a brown recluse spider as a pet as you can die from the bite. They live in dark places and can get into your house the same way any spider can.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 8:24:17 PM PST
MJ4ALLTIME says:
Yep! She beat me to it. Her post was very informative.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:25:28 PM PST
Hahaha i could have sworn he had a zoo at one point. I thought it was a tranchula. I don't know...he should have an orken man come in and spray his house lol.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:29:51 PM PST
Thanks for clarifying this yal...i hate spiders for real

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 12:29:23 AM PST
NYFon says:
There are photos of Michael with a tarantula on his face. Anybody seen these? They're quite beautiful.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 3:38:08 AM PST
nikki98 says:
If you google "brown recluse bite" and look at the images you can see how horrible these bites are. The spider is not much bigger than a quarter. They are not pets.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 8:57:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 8:58:31 AM PST
Saraswati says:
I actually have that photo saved in my "Michael folder", NYFon. I think it is a beautiful photo. I read a piece about it and in it the photographer said that Michael had brought in the newly shed carapace of one of his tarantula's to use in the photo. So, that photo was designed by Michael himself.
I'm fascinated by tarantula's and have wanted one as a pet, but they cannot be sold in or shipped to my state.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:06:18 AM PST
Omg...if i was his wife i would have made him get rid of it!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:15:06 AM PST
Saraswati says:
Michael loved animals and all types of creatures. He loved and respected them and felt closer to them than most humans. I don't think anyone would ever have told him to get rid of any of his beloved animals. That person would have been gone rather than a member of his menagerie. Its the same in my house.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:54:16 AM PST
Eeeeeewwwe

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 10:55:15 AM PST
Lol i would have said you would have to have them in the basement

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:03:24 AM PST
DCRN says:
Greg Gorman shot the tarantula photos. 2 pictures below - 1st pix MJ holds a tarantula in his hand - 2nd is one of the famous Gorman pix in B & W.

Here is a lovely article with Gorman quotes:

"Famous for photographing the most interesting people in the world, Greg Gorman took the shot of Michael with a tarantula on his face, and explains here his regard and respect for Michael.

"Michael was a perfectionist beyond your wildest imagination. Every time we would shoot, he would call me and we'd have a two-hour conversation to discuss what it was we were going to do and how we were going to go about it. He had pet tarantulas; they actually shed their skin. This is the casing of the tarantula that he brought with him.

"He never traveled with a big entourage. He was very genuine and really loved photography. I dearly miss him. He was a tragic individual but an amazing human being."
More than a hundred and twenty-five of his most famous portraits are showcased in `Greg Gorman: A Distinct Vision 1970-2010,' on display at the Decorative Center Houston until June 3rd 2011." (houston.culturemap.com)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7130/spider3h.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iuP49cAE2sU/TdkUwESNGgI/AAAAAAAAHq0/0Kwbyc07mPs/s1600/Greg+Gorman+photo+of+Michael+Jackson+%2526+Spider.jpg

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:03:55 AM PST
Wizard says:
Speaking of Michael's animals, Bubbles has been busy lately:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-04/jackson-chimp-bubbles-paints-1-500-abstracts-for-charity.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 11:12:13 AM PST
Sarah Jax says:
Cudos to Michael about the tarantula. I would drop dead on the spot if I ever felt a creature like that on my face. *Shudder*.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Jackson forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  212
Initial post:  Dec 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions