Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson forum

Wonderful Adjectives to Describe Michael....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5726-5750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 5, 2012 9:55:16 PM PDT
whhhaaaa????? *shakes off the water*
I'm ahhhhight, I'm ahhigt:......
*THUD*

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:25:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 8:27:19 PM PDT
MK Hill says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:11:15 AM PDT
Miracle says:
Hey kittyandbean! I know we haven't talked in a LONG time but I wondering where that compiled list of words for Michael is or the link to that site? I accidentally thrown out the list and I was wondering if you can show me where I can get it again. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:50:52 AM PDT
Miracle says:
Oh never mind kittyandbean! I found it! I just searched this discussion for the list of words. I will talk to you later and I'll go in depth with what's been going on with me but I'll let you know, of course, I'm still loving Michael!

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 3:58:25 PM PDT
kittyandbean says:
Hi Miracle:

Glad you found the list. It's probably double now but I compiling a new list will have to wait for a bit.

FORCE MAJEURE

a superior or irresistible power

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 3:59:24 PM PDT
kittyandbean says:
VIABLE

capable of working successfully, feasible

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 1:43:00 PM PDT
Miracle says:
Hey, I'm so sorry that I didn't "pay the toll" the last time I was here. I'll make it up.

Michael is IMMORTAL and LOVEABLE:-)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:41:01 AM PDT
Fake Dead

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:28:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2012 9:31:20 AM PDT
Miracle says:
King of Music

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:52:55 AM PDT
Danielle says:
Michael Jackson our wonderful all around perfect

KING

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:00:19 AM PDT
NYFon says:
ENDURING

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 11:21:33 AM PDT
*THUD* inducing!!! ;)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 11:24:03 PM PST
kittyandbean says:
FORELORN

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:46:23 PM PST
Danielle says:
kitty, where have you been girl?????? Missed ya!
long time no

SEE

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:01:20 AM PST
J. Leone says:
Kitty! I hope you are ok. I've emailed you and didn't get a response. I've missed you too! Please write soon and let me know what is going on in your life. I know you are a very busy woman. I was looking at the pictures of your MJ bracelets that I've saved and remembering how talented you are. I'm still waiting for mine! LOL!

SKILLED

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 10:06:41 AM PST
NYFon says:
Hi kitty! Good to see you!

TENDER

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:07:11 PM PST
kittyandbean says:
VACATION

I can't believe this one's not already posted. Especially since I just took a week off to be by myself and have some solitude.

Hi Ladies! Thanks for saying hi. And Merry Christmas to each of you.

I'm looking forward to 2013. Especially since the world didn't come to an end on December 21st.

2013 will have to be better than 2012. I will keep my focus on making it so.

My 84-year-old mother had a triple bypass in early May. After six hours of surgery, she came out okay and was doing great. She was walking with a walker and had driven her car a few times. Then she fell in her apartment in August, which began a spiral of two more falls, hospital stays, assisted living, a stint in a skilled nursing facility and finally placement back into her original apartment with a live-in 24/7 caregiver. She broke her arm in one fall and hit her head in another. But after the first fall in August we quickly realized things were not the same. She was immediately confused, delusional and paranoid. Now the confusion remains and she needs someone with her at all times so as to not fall again.

I never realized how stressful medical issues with elder parents can be. They are also very time consuming, and my work this year suffered as a result. There were so things I really wanted to get accomplished that ended up going by the wayside. My mom's bills have to be paid, she needs to be taken to numerous doctor's appointments, amongst other responsibilities. Since May, it's been literally one thing after another. Trips to the emergecy room, furniture being moved from one facilty to another, time spent researching and visiting care facilities, trying to figure out what to do next.

I am not complaining. I love my mom and am glad she's finally getting the attention and care she should be receiving at home. The decision to put her back into her apartment, where we have maximum control over her care, was the best one to be made. No more care facility merry go round or being at the mercy of what the doctor of the day (or the hour) thinks is best. We are in charge of care, laundry (that now doesn't get lost), medicine, exercise, outings, meals, everything. My mom doesn't have to wait until someone arrives a half hour later to use the restroom. She doesn't have to ring a buzzer and hope someone shows up to help her from bed. She has excellent care, all focused now on her and her well being. Which is expensive.

The situation with my mom has been a real wake-up call for me and my family. I'm sure my mother thought her life savings would be handed down to her family as she intended. In reality, it will be gone within a couple of years because our medical system is very screwed up. Unless you are destitute, the average person will pay out of pocket for their long term medical needs. Medical insurance covers hospital stays, but otherwise you are on your own for the most part. There are so many ways for a person to fall through the cracks. And so in addition to my mom's medical issues, how long she can afford to be cared for is a worry.

Because of my mom, my husband and I will look into long term care insurance, and whether it's feasible and advisable to pay on a policy now for care later in life. Long term care insurance is also very expensive. But my advice to everyone on the forum is to look into it, and to make plans for your own elder care. Both my mother and father, separately, are paying large sums of money each month out of their own pockets for care. If you have money you expect to leave to someone else, and you want it to be available after you are gone, the time to plan is NOW. Otherwise expect it to be spent on assisted care facilities that run into the thousands and thousands of dollars each month. The average cost to house an individual in a nursing home is around $90,000 a year. In most all instances, that money will come out of a person's savings until it is exhausted.

I've learned quite a bit over the last year about our medical system and how things work. I'm looking to 2013 with hope that things will improve for my mom and that her confusion subsides. I'm grateful there are people in the world who have devoted themselves to caregiving, a really difficult job that requires a lot of patience in dealing with elderly patients and their families, and oftentimes complex situations for which there is no solution.

Ladies, Merry Christmas to you. I hope 2013 is a good year for you and for all of us!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 12:56:29 PM PST
Barbara says:
Oh Kitty, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's health issues and your efforts in caring for her. I have heard from other friends what a merry-go-round the health care system is when it comes to long-term care. It must be heartbreaking for you to see your Mom going through this phase of life. It sounds like you have found wonderful in-home care for her. I pray her confusion will subside. Being in her familiar surroundings is sure to help.

It is a tragedy that a person who has worked their whole life and saved for their elder years can have their life savings wiped out by a major illness. As our population ages, I hope there will be a better way found to care for our elders, and us when we get there.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2013. I think of you often Kitty, and remember our long posts on the Cry forum and our emails we used to have. God bless you.
Love, Barb

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 5:40:41 PM PST
S. Wilder says:
Oh, Kitty. I am so glad to hear from you. I am so sorry for the stress you have been through. I was there a few years ago with my dad, but he got better. However, I am wondering how much longer he will have his health. He is 86. We live about 90 minutes apart.

Thank you for your information. Yes, our medical system is totally messed up for the middle class. We have several in our family working in healthcare and they totally agree. There's still so much that needs to change. Getting the healthcare bill passed was just beginning.

Again, I am so glad to read your post. I am going to check into long-term care insurance based on your advice.

Love you, Sheryl

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:28:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 11:11:38 AM PST
J. Leone says:
kitty! I knew something must be going on for you to be out of touch. I took care of my parents when they were ill and lived with them. They died six months apart. It was very hard. My mother died in the hospital, but we were able to get my father home, as he wanted, a few hours before he died. Before he died, we had a caregiver to come for a few hours a day while I was at work. He only had to be alone a couple of hours and he had one of those "Lifeline" buttons he wore around his neck so he could call for help if he needed it.

My best friend had round the clock caregiver's for her dad as she worked. She had menus worked out, schedules for each of them, etc. She did an amazing job for a couple of years before his death. I don't know how she handled work and everything else. She is a school teacher, and she had so much work to keep up with at school and then the responsibilities of her dad.

Your mother is lucky to have a daughter who cares. I never married, and don't have any children. I worry about what will happen to me some day- especially since I have had my illness the past few years. When we get older, we start to think about that.

You are right about nursing homes. They are usually understaffed and just can't keep up with the patients' every need. It is just hard all the way around.

Just remember we are here on the forum, or you can email any of us, if you just need to talk or vent. We will be here for you.

Love you!
Jeanann

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 1:04:06 PM PST
Martha says:
Kitty, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and all you have been through! You are a loving and caring daughter. Thank you for sharing your story with us and your advice. I know how stressful this all must be, as I've experienced a bit of it myself. Sending you love and big hugs, my friend.
Love ya,
Martha<3

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 11:50:37 PM PST
kittyandbean says:
Hi Ladies:

Thanks for your really nice well-wishes. Jeanann, I don't have children either and DO worry a little sometimes "who will take care of me??" I guess I'd better clean up my act, start exercising and eating right in 2013! Ah, well. Will do my best. You know how that goes...

I wanted to pass along something else that has become a central focus of my attention these days with my mom: URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS. Did you know they are PREVELENT in elderly women and cause confusion (and sometimes paranoia) and subsequent FALLS? They are a MAJOR cause of falls in both elderly men and women. I never knew this, and it came as a big surprise to my whole family. I was, like, WHAT?? Had I known earlier, since my mom has always had urinary tract infections, her falls may have been prevented. In my mom's case, she will have a pretty simple surgery next month to correct an internal condition we now know is contributing to her frequent urinary tract infections.

Yesterday the gyno-urologist explained to me that UTI bacteria becomes an issue when it leaves the urinary tract and enters other parts of the body, like the kidneys. From there it can impair thinking and coordination.

Ladies, if you have an elderly mom or are getting elderly yourself, please check regularly for urinary tract infections. They are oftentimes less detectable in elderly people and they/you may not even know they are there. Also, the effects of a UTI can hit all of a sudden and cause a fall.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Here's something for Michael, a classic I recently downloaded and thought of him:

BRIDGE-OVER-TROUBLED-WATER

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:49:28 AM PST
MJ4ALLTIME says:
kittyandbean, thanks for this information. I am stunned - would never have thought of any such correlation at all.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 11:27:00 PM PST
kittyandbean says:
Hey, ladies:

Having an especially good night amongst the rubble that is my life as of late and thought I would stop by and say hi.

BOY-BAND

J5 was one of the original boy bands, I would imagine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 12:31:21 AM PST
Suze says:
My mother had a uti and IMO she has been exhibiting early signs of dementia. I also read about this in the NY times in the health section....a few years ago when my mil had a bladder infection...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Jackson forum
Participants:  110
Total posts:  6153
Initial post:  Feb 16, 2010
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions