Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson forum

Vindication of Michael Jackson in the media

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8976-9000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:31:54 PM PDT
LFZ says:
Lonely Bird is referring to the grammar and spelling of the content, not the content itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:41:06 PM PDT
MJ100%fan says:
LFZ
I fail to see where is the mistake in grammar and spelling. Please clarify me. I studied English for many years and try not to make those mistakes, but as you are good at English (and you know, I am Brazilian) perhaps I can have a discount if sometimes I do that. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 2:17:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 30, 2012 7:26:38 AM PST]

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:22:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 30, 2012 7:26:24 AM PST]

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 2:31:54 PM PDT
MJ100%!!!!
I said I wanted to kiss the person who wrote that letter!! I had NO idea YOU were the one who wrote it!! What an fantastic letter, and bless you for taking the time!!!
So..... Since YOU wrote it.... *kisses YOU, with much grattitude!!* <3
<3 <3

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 3:24:47 PM PDT
J. Leone says:
I just called one of the bigger stores, and they hadn't heard anythinhg about the promotion by Pepsi. The guy with whom I spoke, said that didn't mean they wouldn't get the display. He said if it is a relatively new promotion, that perhaps that is the reason. For the life of me, I can't understand why a corporation like Pepsi could not have their ducks in a row and have everything in place at one time. It is ridiculous!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 3:34:13 PM PDT
J. Leone says:
I am soooo over Opus. I bought the first one and was very upset with the company. One of the big selling points, which they promoted on NBC's "The Today Show", was the card that you could hold up to the computer and Michael would dance. They never produced it. I even called their office in London to complain and they said it wasn't going to happen. They also said it would come with two gloves, and then they cut it down to one. Their excuse was that Michael only wore one. Well, the whole point was to have two gloves to handle the book to keep it pristine. IMO it was just another cost-cutting maneuver. I felt it was false adverstising and we, the purchasers, should have been given a partial refund since we did not get what was promiised.

I bought the "Immortal" program at the show. It was $25 and was mostly cast pictures of the Cirque performers. I understand they need to be featured, but I truly don't care to have their pictures. There were not enough of Michael in that book to justify the price for me. I don't know what this version of the Opus will look like, but I don't think it will be anything I will want.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:58:36 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
It is 8:00 a.m. Eastern now on Tuesday, and Spike Lee is going to be talking on NBC's "The Today Show". I wonder if he will take about his BAD 25 documentary. He has Mike Tyson with him, and I read that Tyson is going to be doing a Broadway show. Perhpas they are only there to talk about that, but who knows? I hope he says something about Michael.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:00:39 AM PDT
MJ100%fan says:
Everybody
Sorry to get away of the main subject here, but this is something Michael would care about:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2012/6/18
Subject: Urgent Prayer Alert: Triple suicide bomb attacks on Nigerian churches
To: cerqueiranatan@gmail.com

Urgent Nigeria Update
Urgent Prayer Alert: Triple suicide bomb attacks on Nigerian churches

Dear Mr Cerqueira,

This week, your prayers for the nation of Nigeria are desperately needed.

On Sunday, three suicide bomb attacks took place on three churches in Kaduna.This is the third consecutive Sunday that has seen gun or bomb attacks on churches in northern or central states.

Church services bombed in Kaduna
Last Sunday a suicide bomber rammed a car full of explosives into the ECWA Good News Church in Zaria, destroying the children's church and killing a child and a young man. Several people were wounded, including CSW Nigeria's Coordinator for the area.

On the same day, two suicide bombers in separate cars attacked Christ the King Catholic Church as the congregation was leaving mass, killing sixteen people and injuring several others.
Meanwhile, in Kaduna City, another bomb exploded at the Shalom Pentecostal Church as ushers were interrogating the bomber, killing three people.

As with the attack on the previous weekend in Jos, the bombings sparked violence as angry youths took to the streets to protest the seeming inability to prevent the incessant bombings. A 24-hour curfew is now in place, although the situation is still very tense.
ECWA Wusasa_Children's Church.jpg

"Weekends are now a terror for Christians in central and northern Nigeria"
According to our contacts and partners on the ground, without urgent prayer the future of Nigeria looks desperately bleak.

Speaking of his heartbreak at the incessant bombings, Anglican Archbishop of Jos, Benjamin Kwashi, said, "Weekends are now a terror for Christians in northern and central Nigeria. My heart truly bleeds at the unnecessary killings and I am deeply saddened that in a nation like Nigeria there are people who sponsor, plan, train and support people to execute evil specifically targeted against worship of God on Sundays by Christians in churches."

CSW-Nigeria's CEO told us, "Attacks on Christians while they legitimately worship on Sundays are now a common occurrence. Unless the culture of impunity is overcome, our country will slowly slip into another civil war that will be fought along religious lines."

Christians in Nigeria are asking for worldwide prayers to help bring an end to this horrific violence. In the words of the Archbishop, "Christians and well meaning people everywhere must rise up for peace and speak out against injustice, seeking every opportunity for reconciliation and forgiveness so that Nigeria will be restored. I call for concerted prayers throughout the Church worldwide in order that those who are working for peace will not grow weary in well doing."

Please can you:
* Forward this email and prayer points below to everyone you know, asking them to pray and encourage others to do the same.
* Ask your church leader or prayer coordinator to include prayer for Nigeria in this week's prayer meetings and next Sunday's services.
* Every Saturday please remember to pray for the safety and protection of Sunday services in northern and central Nigeria.

Thank you so much for your support.
Blessings,
The CSW Team

Prayer points - please use these prayer points to guide your prayers:
* Pray for all those who have lost loved ones in attacks by Boko Haram, asking God to comfort and uphold them, sustaining them with His peace.
* Pray for CSW-Nigeria's Coordinator for Zaria who was injured in one of the attacks. Pray for full healing for him and others who were injured during the other attacks.
* Ask God to move in power to expose Boko Haram's plans, members, funders and backers and bring an end to every aspect of the violence perpetrated by the group.
* Pray for the protection of CSW-Nigeria staff as they seek to support victims of the violence.
* Ask God to grant wisdom, courage and strength to church leaders as they seek to lead and guide their congregations through these turbulent times.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:44:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:24:20 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:10:40 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
Will be happy to help you, MJ100%fan. Prayer may not help but it can't hurt!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 12:54:01 PM PDT
MJ100%fan says:
Scarlett
Thanks. God may bless you. Prayer does help always one way or the other and more than we would ever know.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:10:57 AM PDT
MJ100%fan says:
Scarlett
Ain´t no sunshine when he is gone (after the 25th June 2009)

Ain't no sunshine - Lyrics

You ever want something
That you know you shouldnt have
The more you know you shouldnt have it,
The more you want it
And then one day you get it,
Its so good too
But its just like my girl
When shes around me
I just feel so good, so good
But right now I just feel cold, so cold
Right down to my bones
cause ooh...
Aint no sunshine when shes gone
Its not warm when shes away
And shes always gone too long
Anytime she goes away

Wonder this time where shes gone
Wonder if shes gone to stay
And this house just aint no home
Anytime she goes away

I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, know, know, know, know,
I know, I know,
Hey I ought to leave
I ought to leave her alone

Only darkness every day
And this house just aint no home
Anytime she goes away

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:02:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 1:03:49 PM PDT
Scarlett says:
This is what I feel Michael's children feel for their beloved Dad:

Excerpt of "Dance With My Father" Luther Vandross

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high dance and
spin me around `til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
How I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again

Never dreamed that he would be gone from me
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never, ever end
`Cause I'd love, love, love
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 7:15:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 9:35:58 PM PDT
J. Leone says:
Shame on the two of you who downclicked this beautiful song in this post. What little, nasty people you must be.

This is beautiful, Scarlett, and never have words been so perfect. Thank you for posting it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 3:04:35 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
J,

I had to edit the song a bit because a part of it discusses how the child recognizes his Mother's grief. The song in it's entirely is beautiful and I cry everytime I listen to it as I look at the picture of me and my Dad doing the Father/Daughter dance at my wedding many years ago.

Thanks for your kind words, J. There are people in the world who are downclickers. That's how they view life and I feel very sorry for them. As you said in another post, who would downclick a prayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 6:44:02 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
I've never married, so I never had that "dance" with my father. My tears are of regret because he is gone and I never will..

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 7:01:19 AM PDT
(hugs to my scarecrow)
Much LOVE to you! Although I am married..I never knew my father until I met him on his deathbed, so I too missed out on that dance. It saddens me as well to look back on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:07:14 AM PDT
dallas says:
J.Leone
Some day you will see your father again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:12:08 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
I have no doubt of that, Dallas. Perhaps I will still get my dance with him- in heaven!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:13:04 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
I'm so sorry, Kira! To only meet your father on his deathbed? I can't even imagine all the emotions you must have felt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:16:40 AM PDT
dallas says:
J.Leone
That's what Im talking about I have no doubt you will be having a dancer with your father in heaven.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 7:21:07 AM PDT
It was a tough one, J. He had tounge and throat cancer so when I met him, he couldn't even speak..tears ran down his face and he wrote with pen and paper that he was sorry he left me when I was 3..I told him it was ok..that I loved him, and that he had a grandson. (my daughter was not born yet)... I am glad I had that chance, even though painful. I learned much about my family history through his friends and an ex wife of his, and am glad I went.
I also agree with dallas...you WILL see your father again, and yes...you will dance! ;) <3

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:10:55 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
I didn't mean to get us all weepy. I did have the joy of dancing with my Father but I also had the "joy" of dancing with my father-in-law. This is my Dance With My Father-in-law at My Wedding song:

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
I knew someday I'd marry my love, but how could I know, his father would be an a$$.

When we started to dance, I thought all my dreams had come true,
Til he said that he wished that his son had married Sue.
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream that I'll never, ever have to dance with Father-In-Law Dearest again.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 9:02:17 AM PDT
C. Starling says:
Scarlett - LOL! We can always count on you to bring the funny along with the snark.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Michael Jackson forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Jackson forum
Participants:  163
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions