Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson forum

Paris Jackson to be interviewed by Oprah this summer.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 196 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 7, 2012 12:37:05 PM PDT
F. E. Green says:
Good for Paris for deleting that.

They are not babies anymore. They will soon be 15 and 16. They are well old enough to at least find out if their celebrity idols have hurt or helped their father. All they have to do is enter 'Michael Jackson & so and so' in a Google bar and all stories, good and bad will be in their face. I would be highly suprised if they haven't done some search on their dad already, being all over the internet like they are. In fact the Topix link appears on page 3 of my Yahoo search. Wouldn't take them long at all to come up with crap.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 10:00:56 PM PDT
Guys I know this may sound crazy but honestly id tell the kids to move on. Forgive and let go. If those people will disrespect still then toss them. But they are to young for stress. The truth is, EVERYONE treated MJ like trash and that's why he had no one to go to. They need to move past the hate and pray that it doesn't follow them. Oprah is not going to play the dumb dumb card till she and the others are older, hopefully she will be a different person by then.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:17:21 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
BANG Showbiz
Date: Friday Jun. 8, 2012

Michael Jackson's sister thinks he raised "balanced" kids because he masked them in public.

The late 'Thriller' hitmaker used to make Prince Michael, 15, Paris, 14, and 10-year-old Prince Michael II, who is known as Blanket, cover their faces when they went out in order to shield them from the spotlight and his sister LaToya thinks it was the right thing to do as it allowed them to experience normality when they were out without their famous father.

She told 'Access Hollywood': "That is the reason why he would mask them, because when they would go out without him, they could do whatever they [wanted] and they had a normal life, which is great.

"They got a chance to experience that. And they would go with the nanny [without the masks], nobody knew who they were. But with him, he kept the mask on so people wouldn't recognize them or know and now they're very balanced kids, which is great."

Though the children - who are now under the care of their grandmother Katherine Jackson - have appeared in public more since Michael died from acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009, LaToya admits she thinks they would still have been shielded if her brother was still alive.

She added: "Truthfully, I think Michael would have kept them secluded still. That's just the way he was raising them... but my mother felt they needed to be unmasked and they needed to experience life for what it is.

"I just love them all. They're so great. He's done a great job and my mother's doing an incredible job with them."

Paris - who is set to make her acting debut in 'Lundon's Bridge' - recently revealed she was always confused about wearing a mask in public, but now understands her father's reasoning. She said: "I was really confused. I didn't get why I was wearing a mask. I understand it now. My dad wanted us to be covered [because] he wanted us to have a childhood."

Read more:

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 9:08:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 6:00:31 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
I guess Paris is doing these interviews as part of promoting her movie. I saw a video of Prince in Europe and he is very well-spoken. I would like, some day, to hear him speak of his father.

It is interesting how people are seeing theis interview. I was at my opthalmologist yesterday, and we always discuss something about Michael as his wife is a big fan. He told me saw that Paris was going to be interviewed by Oprah. He asked me, "Is she fourteen now?" I replied tht she was. He told me he thought that as too young to be doing an interview. Later last night, I was playing Bridgeat my Bridge club, and one of the ladies commented as well that she thought a fouteen-year-old should not be doing interviews because that was too young.

Katherine admitted that she felt that Michael would not have wanted Paris to be involved in show business so soon, but that Paris had begged her to let her do the movie. I hope Katherine will keep Michael's wishes foremost in her mind when she makes decisions about the children since he entrusted them to her to take care of them the way he would have. As Bush once said, "SHE is the decider". As an adult she has the life experiences, and can see the larger picture, than a fourteen year old. As often as Michael spoke of his deep sadness of not having a childhood, you'd think Katherine would be more cautious in letting the kids step into the entertainment world that all to often chews you up and spits you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 12:50:25 AM PDT
Yeah, like you really know her, lol.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 5:11:10 PM PDT
Suze says:
people are leaving comments on the OWN website already:

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 6:34:31 PM PDT
C. Starling says:
Interview's over. That was a whole lot of nothing. Oprah just had to include the so-called baby dangling footage, and she described MJ's last years as "troubled". (You could say that about her life, come to think about it.) But Paris Jackson acquitted herself well. Next up for Oprah - the Kardashians. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 8:14:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2012 8:15:55 PM PDT
Suze says:
I enjoyed the interview with Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, he named his dog "Oprah Winfree" and set up a twitter account for the dog. Oprah naturally took issue with this. He also named his cat "Gayle". No word on whether the cat has a twitter account....!/OprahTheDog

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 8:16:53 PM PDT
Suze says:
Oprah Winfree
50 Cent's b!tch

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 10:32:00 PM PDT
YANA Girl says:
Her interview with Okra was posted on YouTube so here is the whole thing for you. Oprah is such a phoney. Paris handled herself really well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 11:20:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2012 11:21:30 PM PDT
Suze says:
Thanks for posting.

I just noticed this video of Madonna in Istanbul in case anyone's interested, she flashes her bre@st!!! Shocking!!

It was embedded in the D.M., will probably be deleted shortly.....there were several other videos which have already been deleted.

She's actually in great shape for 53 imo.**b-performance-Istanbul.html

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:32:45 PM PDT
Suze says:
People are leaving a lot of snide comments about Madonna's "wardrobe malfunction" or whatever it

They're calling her a 'granny' among other things....haha, my granny didn't look like that when she was 53. LOL

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:17:56 AM PDT
Reader says:
Paris mentioned she has been dealing with bullying at school and online. Oprah tried but couldn't get Paris to specify exactly what has been said to her or about her. I was glad Paris handled it the way she did. If she had been more specific, the tabloids would have a field day.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:02:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:04:26 PM PDT I the only person that feels depressed after watching simply 7 min of the interview! Ill admit that i'm still in denial guys! Every time I see his death brought up or June 25 its like I relive it every time! Like this can't be true! Why do I feel a connection with someone that doesn't know me and dead! I feel like I should have been over it by now....the only way to mask the pain is to pretend like it never happened

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:05:43 PM PDT
J. Leone says:
KIR: That question is something those of us hit by the "lightening bolt" have been trying to understand since June 25, 2009. Ste pin line with the rest of us.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:51:52 PM PDT
I feel better now that the interview is over! I did a 180 when Oprah said how did you feel when you found out MJ was big! Wow I went head over heels! I died right there and in love again! Especialy when they showed MJ from bad era!. Guys i'm glad she said her and blanket are close. I'm not surprised. And I see Oprah is trying to redeem herself....smh...I like Paris friend she looks cute and I hope she is one of those that stays for the long run. For some reason us girls change when we turn into women.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 2:12:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:23:18 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 2:23:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 2:25:39 PM PDT
Yeah I understand when u say its like death to a family member...they seem to be doing well...seems better than me! I feel like I lost a relative when I think of MJ and I haven't even lost one yet. Dang...I hope it doesn't feel worse than this. Its it because I never knew him? So im not at ease

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 6:14:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 6:15:02 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
KIR says: Guys I know this may sound crazy but honestly id tell the kids to move on. Forgive and let go.

KIR says: Ill admit that i'm still in denial guys! Why do I feel a connection with someone that doesn't know me and dead! I feel like I should have been over it by now.

KIR, The kids should move but you can't? I've brought this up before and took some hits for it but we as fans can grieve as we each see fit for as long as we need to but we do not have the right to put our grief on the same level as Michael's children or tell him how to feel. Michael loved his fans but his children were his heart and his life and he was theirs. This is not a space our grief has the right to try to occupy.

We won't be there when Paris walks down the aisle on the arm of someone other than her Dad or misses out on the father/daughter dance or makes Michael a grandfather to a child or children he will never see. These children have a million memories of the past but will never have memories that should have been in their future with a long life spent with their Dad. We'll be observers, but they have to be the participants.

KIR, I'll get criticised for criticising you, but I sense your "I'm still in denial and how will I go on or mask the pain" is really over the top and I'm sensing some Drama Mama here. I did say everyone has the right to their own grief but being geniune would be a great deal more respectful to Prince, Paris and Blanket.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:19:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:23:23 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:27:42 AM PDT
Thank you passin! Seriously Scarlett don't you think I know that about his kids! If it was so easy to move on, I would have! I have never in my life loved a celebrity ever! I don't mess with them don't care or think about them but MJ was different! Espevially for a black girl like me that's also in music its just already hard right there too! I didn't know that your a new fan.....its all starting to make sense now...smh

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:47:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:23:27 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 1:46:49 PM PDT
Thanks again passin....I honestly don't mind Scarlette at all its just what's wrong with how a person feels inside of themselves! Ive stated many times that im tryn to move on but its not that easy! Especially with the fact that he was murdered! If he wasnt murdered I probably wouldn't be on this site, I might have let his death go by now....I feel as MJ was stolen from the world so dramatically.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:51:11 PM PDT
Debra says:
It's probably wishful thinking, but I think Oprah may come around and believe MJ was innocent. She seems very intrigued by Paris and the way MJ raised his children.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 3:01:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:23:33 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Michael Jackson forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Jackson forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  196
Initial post:  May 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions