Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Michael Jackson forum

Paris Jackson to be interviewed by Oprah this summer.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 196 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:19:16 PM PDT
Thanks passin! I appreciate your words! Ill keep trying! Its gonna be a lil hard once June 25 pass and the Jacksons start touring again though but itl pass!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:54:22 PM PDT
It's ok, Keepin... My heart aches for him daily..like I lost one of my own... I do have a full life, but Michael is a huge part of it, and has been since like...wow.....1983...lmao!... I heart him SO much, and there IS a hole in my heart that will never be filled..because it belongs to him. And yes... There are days when I still cry like a baby over his loss.... <3

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:58:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 8, 2014 5:23:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 5:18:21 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
No Oprah may not, but I have a question. If you were Paris, young woman, intelligent, articulate, and probably sick of viewing and hearing what was said about YOUR... most loved Dad, would you sit by and wait until you turned 18-21 before attempting to get your point across?

If it were YOUR (beloved Father) and you had the means even if it meant dealing with the enemy what would it take to hold you back?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:43:56 PM PDT
J. Leone says:
I just hate it that Paris, at such a young age, and when Michael wanted this children to be able to have a care-free childhood that he never had, is put in the position to have to defend her father. I guess it is something all the children will have to deal with their whole lives now.

I think that is why Michael home-schooled them, he said it wouldn't work for them to go to public school, because they were his children and there would always be jealousy and resentment. Now, his fears are coming true- she admists she is bullied at school.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:03:28 PM PDT
Well everyone is bullied and bullied at school. She didn't say why. It could be anything. Bout a boy, looks anything.they are 13 to 14 year olds that don't know how to handle PMS yet! Lol I remember when I was 13, everyone was just hating everyone

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:35:16 PM PDT
True...but not every teenager is the child of Michael Jackson, and that makes it a whole different ballgame...unfortunately. :(

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 2:51:34 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
It made me want to hurl when Oprah hugged Katherine like a long lost friend, condesended to Paris by saying, in a sense, well, aren't you a big girl now. Paris seemed a bit ill at ease and other than answering mundane questions, I don't think she gave Oprah much.

It made me sad that Katherine picked out such a sterile house and Paris said she didn't like it as much as Havenhurst. It seemed to have none of the warmth of Neverland and Havenhurst. Katherine seemed to need a fresh start but Paris seemed to want to stay in the house her father grew up in. I wish Katherine had stayed at Havenhurst instead of cutting those ties to Michael for the sake of the kids.

Paris also mentioned that Prince isn't around much, that he's a teenager now but so is she and Paris and Prince were practically raised as twins and inseparable. I wonder if there's more to that story.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 3:37:21 PM PDT
Yeah kira she hopefully is going through natural haters, us females can be mean for no reason sometimes while on PMS. Hope its that rather an MJ issue

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:48:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 5:50:50 AM PDT
S. Wilder says:
I watched the show online on YT. I thought Paris sounded like one our most articulate and brightest 8th graders at the public junior high I teach at here in MN.

Besides teaching my students with reading/math disabilities, I also am assigned a homeroom of 20-25 students that contains a cross-section of all our student body. For the last three years I have had, by chance, the presidents or vice-presidents (who have all been girls btw) of our student council, elected by their peers in my home room. In getting to know them, I have been able to interact with the best and brightest. They are good students, well-versed, able to stand up to others and speak articulately, yet still exhibit, every now and then, that younger side that shows they're still growing.

I say all that because Paris reminded me so much of these same girls. Never mind that her dad was the most famous man on the planet: it showed he raised her to be grounded, strong, well-read, articulate, etc.

And yes, even my own cream-of-the-crop girls talk about the cyber bullying that they have had to deal with. They also have said almost exactly what Paris did when she talked about how she responded to it.

I felt like once again I was able to observe how typical Paris is when compared to our above-average teens. Michael did an amazing job. And Paris is one to watch. I really hope she follows the likes of Jodie Foster and others and will decide to attend a university before returning to acting.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 5:56:47 AM PDT
S. Wilder says:
As to her comments about Prince: that also sounded typical, though I am sure there's more to the story. As a mother of three boys and a girl (all close in age) and teacher, I've seen how brothers can go through that break-away time, and the sister can take it hard. I think it's a rather typical gender thing for this age. I'll bet Prince would be at her rescue in a flash if she needed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:54:16 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
Yes, Sheryl, those kids are a unit. They will always be there for each other.

When Paris did her very fist televsion interview with Ellen, Prince and Blanket were in the audience to support her and Ellen commented on how nice that was that they were there to support their sister.

Prince is in the throes of puberty with all those hormones raging. I'm sure his focus is on all those pretty girls that catch his eye! LOL!.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 1:03:08 PM PDT
Debra says:
I'm sure some of the bullying does have something to do with MJ, but she'll make it through her childhood with flying colors. She's a smart girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 1:20:49 PM PDT
Debra says:
"Now, his fears are coming true- she admists she is bullied at school."

No parent can completely protect their children from some of the harsh realities in life. Like many great parents do, MJ gave those kids the skills necessary to handle what life throws their way.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:42:01 AM PDT
Pecky says:
I wish he had had more kids...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:04:20 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
Pecky says: I wish he had had more kids...

He did. Michael had millions of children who loved him and millions of children who benefited from his help, charity and love. Who knows how many of those children grew up to be loving and generous parents due to the example he set as a parent himself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:08:14 AM PDT
Pecky says:
I know he did... and what a blessing.

Still..........

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 7:40:39 AM PDT
Scarlett says:
Pecky,

He told Bashir that he was planning on adopting two children from each continent, a girl and a boy but thanks to Bashir that dream was never realized for Michael.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:44:18 PM PDT
Pecky says:
I know....

sad.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 2:34:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 15, 2012 2:36:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 7:54:56 AM PDT
PYT says:
I saw an interview in which they asked Michael if he wanted more kids and he looked tired and said, no not right now. It was funny cuz he looked as though he had just went through a rough time with them or something.

I would love to see Paris do Dancey Dance time on Yo Gabba Gabba. She is so cute doing her made up dance on Ellen and on the photo shoot.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:25:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 9:14:02 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
I felt so sad for her when she told Oprah that a lot of people didn't like her at school. That would break Michael's heart to know that his little girl was going through that. I think it is nothing more than jealousy on those kids' parts. I'm sure some just want to cut her down because she is Michael's daughter. It is the old, "Don't think you are special, because you aren't." Michael said as much in his interview with Bashir.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:02:33 AM PDT
C. Starling says:
When you look like Paris Jackson, having other fourteen year old girls not like you goes with the territory! It's no biggie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:28:15 AM PDT
J. Leone says:
Actually, from what I've seen, it is usually the best looking kids that ARE the most popular, although jealousy is always there in this age group. I just know I would have been terribly sad if I knew there were A LOT of kids that didn't like me when I was her age, as Paris said. I'm sure when you are a teenager, it IS a "biggie" issue when you are developing your self-concept.

Paris has been through a lot in her few short years on this planet. Her father was the biggest star in the world, they dealt with the paparazzi, their father's trial, living abroad in various countries when he left the US, his preparations for the "This is It" tour, his death, Murray's trial, and then public school for the first time, and the continued negativity written about her father, etc. That is a lot to deal with in just fourteen years. I guess the old saying, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." hopefully, holds true for the children.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 9:39:45 AM PDT
C. Starling says:
Really, you shouldn't worry about Paris. She has many good friends at school. And she's not the only student under stress there - Oksana Grigorieva's son is her classmate. Mel Gibson allegedly terrorized the boy during one of his explosive arguments with the mother. Gibson paid him $100,000 to not sue.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Michael Jackson forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Michael Jackson forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  196
Initial post:  May 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions