Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Dear Hollywood...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 115 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 4:01:17 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Maybe you have always wanted to ask for some special advice from a famous movie Director, or perhaps you have a burning question for one of your favorite Actors, or you just want to vent some frustration and speak your mind to a certain Producer, Writer etc. Who would it be and what would you say? Well, here's your chance to do just that.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 5:07:02 PM PST
Oz le Fou says:
Dear Spike Jonze,
Why, WHY don't you make more feature length films? At least one every two years would be nice. I understand your dedication to quality over quantity, and I appreciate that. I also understand that you fill your time making video shorts and short films, and I appreciate that also, but please, PLEASE, more feature length films. Pretty please?

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:45:14 PM PST
Oz le Fou says:
Dear Sylvester Stallone,
Can the next Rambo film please be set in America, reuniting John Rambo with a now remorseful Sheriff Teasle (played by Brian Dennehy), who in old age realises the error of his ways, and now wishes to take on the NRA. Teasle travels to Burma to convince Rambo that the real fight is at home, and that only John Rambo, armed with an M60E3, can win the war against the anti-gun control NRA. I'm not asking for any deep political statement, but rather would be stoked to see the movie-ending gun battle. I believe it would be EPIC.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:21:12 PM PST
Dear Michael Bay,

Why do you hate the people you seek to entertain so much?

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 12:02:47 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Dear Arnold Schwarzenegger,

Thank you for coming back to making movies in Hollywood again. We have missed seeing you on the big screen. All is forgiven for your having gone off into politics for all those years, but now it's time to move on to bigger and better things. We hear that a new Conan movie is on the horizon and that is welcome news, and another Terminator movie starring you has also been rumored at. We would also like to see a new Predator sequel with Dutch returning to kick some alien ass again, and maybe a couple of good comedies like you used to do would be fun, and more Expendables movie appearances also. Welcome back, big guy.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 10:32:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 10:36:10 PM PST
Kacee says:
Dear Paul Hollywood,

I love watching you on the Great British Bake Off and would be grateful if you could come round to my house and make me a cake.
PLLLEEEAAASSEEEE!!
Thank you.
Lots and lots of love,
Kacee.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Paul+Hollywood&view=detail&id=EC55F6B5FB4E695FC3ABE0933A6770EE3F288DC9&first=41

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 10:04:14 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
I 2nd your "petition" on Arnie.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 10:49:25 AM PST
El Emmarino says:
Dear Hollywood,

I know you are extremely busy working on future classics such as `Bridget Jones's Baby', `Jurassic Park IV', `The Hangover III' and `The Fast and the Furious VI'. However, if you have the time.... would you PLEASE make `The A-Team II'??? I'll count it as my birthday AND Christmas present. Thank you!

Sincerely,
EMMA

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 11:15:55 AM PST
widowTink says:
Dear Disney,
Please release "Song of the South" in the USA.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:38:33 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Dear Disney,

Now that you own the rights to Star Wars, in future movie releases please make no mention whatsoever of Midi-Chlorians, Jar Jar Binks, or Ewoks. Also, please bring back Boba Fett. I don't care how you do it, just do it. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:02:10 PM PST
How about releasing the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy first?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:25:37 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
That too.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:23:49 AM PST
widowTink says:
Dear Hollywood (Disney or Dreamworks....preferably Disney.....)
Please make Wicked a movie.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 5:24:47 PM PST
Dear Guillermo de Toro,

So "Prometheus" and "At the Mountains of Madness" share a plot element or two. So what? Go do "At the Mountains of Madness" anyway.

Dear TV actors and directors,

Please re-take High School English (particularly grammar). About once AN episode, I WILL hear a line that hurts MY ears BEcause you emphaSIZED the wrong word. (For an example, the previous sentence should have been "About ONCE an EPisode, I will hear a line that HURTS my EARS because you EMphasized the WRONG WORD.")

Dear Paul Darrow (He's not from Hollywood, but whatever)

Please allow "Blake's 7" to be released in DVD for Region 1. This will be particularly a good idea if SyFy does a "Blake's 7" reboot.

Dear Disney,

Please cancel "Once Upon a Time" and do "Fables" instead. Conversely, sell the rights to "Fables" back to Bill Willingham. (Else, why did you buy them?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:36:03 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
I like "Once Upon a Time".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 6:48:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 6:52:05 AM PST
Ahmad says:
Is there anybody from Hollywood executives reading these enlightening posts? Otherwise, all of our ideas and suggestions here will go to waste. Someone should make Hollywood aware of this thread, I guess.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:31:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 8:37:08 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Dear Jason Sudeikis,

Congratulations on your recent engagement to Olivia Wilde. Nice work! Very nice. HIGH FIVE!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 9:18:17 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
Best "American President" Voice: "I say to you why aren't you a member of the NRA. That organization does nothing but defend the constitutional rights of every American."

A movie which suggests that the solution to the NRA's politcal influence is brute force and heavy ordinance would be counterproductive but that hasn't stopped the entertainment industry before.

I would request Stallone be sure and put Charisma Carpenter in the next Expendables movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 8:39:14 AM PST
I like David Lynch's Dune and the SciFi miniseries. The book is better.
I like Snyder's Watchmen. The comic is better.
I like the Wachokski's V for Vendetta. The comic is better.
I like the X-Men movies. Grant Morrison's and Joss Whedon's comics were better (a normal X-Men fan would cite Clairemont/Byrne.)
I like Once Upon a Time (mostly). Fables is better.

"Fables" is a comic series in which people and creatures from fairy tales and nursery rhymes are living in our world. They originally came from other planes of existence (called "Homelands") which have been taken over by an unknown "Adversary." They flee to our world. The human ones live in a district in New York, whereas the non-human ones (the three little pigs, the three bears, etc.) live out in the country in "the Farm" (easier to hide them that way.)

Main and supporting characters: Snow White, The Big Bad Wolf ("Bigby," who is human most of the time due to a spell but he can transform into a wolf whenever he wants), King Cole, Rose Red (Snow White's less famous sister), Prince Charming (who at one point or another has been married to most of the female characters), Cinderella (the Fables version of James Bond, who has her own spin-off miniserieses), Jack (Be Nimble, the Giant Killer, every fairy tale character named Jack is this guy. He got his own spin-off series. Selfish bugger.), Sleeping Beauty (aka Briar Rose), Frau Totenkinder (the witch slain by Hansel and Gretel. It's hard to kil a Fable permanently.), Pinocchio, Gepetto, Boy Blue, the Frog Prince, Beauty and the Beast, and many many others.

You may have noticed that Disney has done movies on a lot of these characters. Disney might imagine they "own" the characters. Disney might not be happy with some of the things Willingham does with these characters. So what does Disney do? They buy the rights to Fables, and then create

Once Upon a Time: The Evil Queen has sent numerous people from another plane of existence into our world (in season one, they have amnesia, and they don't bring any magic with them). Main and supporting characters include Snow White, the Big Bad Wolf (human most of the time), Prince Charming, Cinderella (only appears in one episode, thankfully), Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Beauty and the Beast (now Rumplestillskin) and many others.

So, yeah, I still like Once Upon a Time, but this is a total richard move on Disney's part, akin to the Deep Space Nine/Babylon 5 fiasco (except that both series exist).

And because everyone watches TV and no one reads comics, nobody cares.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 8:48:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 8:53:48 AM PST
Hey Rock~N~Rolla...Did you update the appearance 0 your moniker for 2013??? I approve*!!!

Dear CW...Why on earth did you discontinue "Secret Circle"??? A bad move...And then you replace it with "The Carrie Diaries" 0 all things...right after "Vampire Diaries"!!! Not very smart!!! The 2 0 them do NOT go together @ all...I never watched the original "Sex In The City" series in the first place and i'm NOT about to watch a stupid "spin off" now!!!...tears*

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 9:11:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 9:16:45 AM PST
To Disney Regarding "Star Wars".....we don't need to see an aged Luke, Han, & Leia!!!!....forget EP VII!!!....give us "The Old Republic"....you gamers know what I am talking about....or "The Force Unleashed", or the "Darth Bane Trilogy of books.....& please cast Amanda Seyfried as Zannah...she would be perfect....as for Bane....Vin Diesel.....I could go on...there are so many good books begging to be made....& a Ep VII is just going to conflict with other books..

To Stallone.....get Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood & Harrison Ford for "Expendables 3.....make it happen...I don't care how you do it....JUST DO IT!!!!!....& yes...more Charisma Carpenter as well...

To Hollywood.....STOP WITH ALL THE REMAKES!!!!!...ENOUGH ALREADY.....IF YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH SOMTHING NEW....THEN GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS!!!!!!.....YOU LAZY IDIOTS!!!

& to Arnold Schwarzennegger.....welcome back big guy....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 9:20:47 AM PST
Dear Hollywood:

Please don't make Wicked--or any other modern miserable excuse for a musical--into a film, until Broadway figures out how to make good musicals again. Thanks!

And please don't encourage bad musicals by awarding anything to the tuneless Les Miz this year.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 9:23:15 AM PST
Dear Mr. del Toro:

Please, please, please don't give up on your version of At The Mountains of Madness. It's time for at least one first-rate adaptation of HP Lovecraft. I promise that I'll see Pacific Rim twice--even if it isn't really worthy of you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 9:24:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 9:24:56 AM PST
Silly question---but have you seen the Musicals... "Wicked" and/or "Les Mis" on stage???

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 9:24:15 AM PST
Dear Sean Penn:

Could you please refrain from idiotic political commentary for, say, six months? Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions