Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Crow w/ Brandon Lee

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 1:22:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 1:25:21 PM PST
mack says:
A good movie..Did anyone else see this movie?He got his revenge on all of them who had to do with in killing his girl
friend.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:22:35 PM PST
I saw it in the theater when it was released. It was a great movie. The soundtrack was pretty good too. A friend of mine even gave me set of trading cards.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:59:58 PM PST
D. Sippel says:
Hey mack, why bring this up today? I love this film and have watched it dozens of times, heck even wrote and recorded a song about it, but for me it goes way deeper than a simple revenge film. Why start a thread now? Brandon simply owns this film, fantastic performance.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 8:11:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 8:21:49 PM PST
RichieV says:
It's not a good day to be a bad guy. (Another lesson we've learned from the movies)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:19:44 AM PST
mack says:
I watched this movie on dvd the other day for the 100th time...I like it & enjoy watching it over & over again..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:19:35 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
The Crow was a fantastic movie! I also saw it in theaters when it first released.

And I cannot believe they're going to do a remake. Didn't they learn from all its horribly-contrived and ill-conceived sequels???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 3:11:30 AM PST
PlanetHell says:
Am I the only one who liked "The Crow: Salvation" starring Eric Mabius, Fred Ward, and Kristen Stewart? It didn't copy the original like the first sequel, and it was downright goofy like Wicked Prayer. Now granted I'd say it's only 1/2 as good as "The Crow" starring Brandon Lee. I just want to shout out for what I found to be a worthy sequel.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:17:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 10:21:10 AM PST
I think you mean Kirsten Dunst not Kristen Stewart. I'm sure she was in junior high somewhere when this movie came out.

No matter how many times I watch The Crow I always get the urge to cry at the end of it. Both because of the story and how untimely Brandon's death was. He really seemed like an awesome guy in real life and I remember watching on of his last interviews and the things he said were really awe inspiring. He would've done great things.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:35:20 PM PST
Bourne1886 says:
I agree. He was awesome and made great films. I like Rapid Fire and still watch it to this day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 3:26:42 PM PST
J. Baker says:
He did mean Dunst.
Kristen Stewart would have been High School aged. She was in fact shooting Fincher's 'Panic Room' with Jodie Foster then, not direct-to-video sequels. And she was a child actress for years before that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 1:06:16 PM PST
mack says:
I saw the Panic Room...Good movie..Kristen Stewart didn't she look more like a boy than a girl.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:20:04 PM PST
J. Baker says:
That happens sometimes. She was supposed to be playing the 15-year-old tomboy daughter of Jodie Foster. As such it was perfect casting.

Dwight Yoakam in his standard villain role was a bit overwrought. It was such a stereotyped psycho it really didn't matter that he was typecast though.
The problem with that movie is (SPOILER:)... it has Forest Whitaker so much more empathetic and intelligent than the other two criminals, and he can see far up the road what is going to result from the thug and his amoral assistant going up against a mother-&-daughter -- and yet he can't see that he could have killed Yoakam several times before the violence and insanity escalated out of control, and at least two of them would have had a better chance to get the money. That is after all what those two were there for -- not to wave a gun around threatening the mother and daughter.
That gaping contrivance is hard to ignore on repeated viewings. It is, though, with 'Seven' and 'Zodiac', the only Fincher movie that bears up to repeated viewing in my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 3:56:38 PM PST
PlanetHell says:
Yeah, I meant Kirsten Dunst. Oops. Me of all people...though Kristen Stewart would've been a lot less annoying as Mary Jane than the Mary Jane Kirsten Dunst version. But why blame the actress? Mary Jane wasn't supposed to be like that anyway. Let's hope Amazon Spider Man 2 get's her right...

Anyways does anyone like Crow: Salvation? I found it to be pretty interesting, the false conviction and those not sure or believing it to be true and trying to take him down.

Does anyone else wish Rob Zombie would've got to do his futuristic Crow Movie (which was originally supposed to be the 3rd movie)?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 9:04:50 AM PST
Still never watched Salvation. Only seen tidbits. I plan on seeing it eventually. Not sure if I would've wanted Rob Zombie on that. i have nothing against the man, but I would prefer he stick to horror movies.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:45:37 PM PST
JCRB says:
I just saw this for the first time the other night on Netflix. It was surprising to see just how influential this movie may have been to other action films. The black leather coats, the running on rooftops, the soundtrack, the atmosphere. Its saturated with that cheezy 90's attitude, but a great movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:54:28 AM PST
M. Gaudet says:
Fan of the movie because of it starring one of my movie heroes Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee. Thought the comic was better though.

Also the STP song was good but now is so 90's.

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 8:17:35 AM PST
Pulpman says:
I have seen The Crow and the first two sequels. Thought Salvation was far better than City of Angles. I was very dissapointed in the tv show anyone else remember it? Also I read somewhere that a remake was in the works anyone hear anything about it?

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 12:13:46 PM PST
I thought it was cool. Not the greatest, but I was enthusiastic about Mark Decascos playing Eric Draven.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 8:01:35 AM PST
mack says:
In the movie The Crow , Brandon Lee played Eric Draven not mark Decascos. I am talking about the movie not the
T.V. Series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013 9:56:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013 9:59:26 AM PST
I was referring to Pulpman's comment about the show. I did like the concept of the show where he would be his normal self and becomes The Crow.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013 6:31:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013 6:33:12 AM PST
W.T. says:
Brandon Lee would have become one of the biggest action heroes of all time had he lived. Even in "The Crow" he was already better at the acting parts than most stars of such movies. He seemed to have a natural feel in his delivery that the Chuck Norrises and Van Dammes never had.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 12:30:50 AM PST
PlanetHell says:
True, I could've certainly seen him taking on serious roles while probably taking over other franchises. Who knows, he might've been "The Joker" in "Dark Knight" or become Tim Burton's favorite person instead of Depp...

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 7:49:47 PM PST
J. Paul says:
I have planned to do a 20 years ago Brandon Lee's death anniversary cause I liked Rapid Fire Showdown In Little Tokyo & of course The Crow. I felt City Of Angels was underrated. Sslvation & Wicked Prayer I can watch but I don't like them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions