Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 10:14:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:15:56 AM PST
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread899340/pg1&addstar=1&on=15336618

?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:52:31 PM PST
Hikari says:
I try to read even conspiracy theories with an open mind, but when I come across the phrase 'True American Patriot!!!' in the first couple of paragraphs, my proverbial back tends to go up. Not because I don't believe in patriotism; I regard with suspicion anybody who capitalizes overenthusiastically. Just because something is asserted with the maximum force allowed by prose does not make it true. It could have been worse--it could have been ALL caps.

This has more than a whiff of urban legend about it, frankly. If the Department of Homeland Security allocated its resources to harrassing members of the movie business residing in Los Angeles who hold British passports or other, that'd be a full-time job, pretty much.

Here are few things about Brittany Murphy which are not urban legend:
1. She had a long history of eating disorders and drug abuse going back to her teens.
2. These same conditions had made her well-nigh uninsurable and unemployable in Hollywood.
3. The relationship with Simon Monjack was both emotionally and physically unhealthy, since he was an abusive and controlling personality addicted to many of the same unhealthy behaviors as she and in fact encouraged her in them. Brittany got a lot more isolated from friends, family and work after she hooked up with Simon. Also a lot more unwell.

I have seen Brittany's last 2 straight-to-video release roles before her death. She was completely out of it and looked exceedingly fragile and sick. If the Department of Homeland Security was out to get her by poisoning her with drugs, it was a concerted effort that took 2 or 3 years to achieve.

A hitman would have been far more efficient and humane.

The fact that Simon succumbed to similar causes less than 6 months later makes the toxicity in the house more suspicious, not less. That his system was compromised like his wife's from their shared lifestyle factors and issues of mental health is not stunning. Simon was very overweight, not healthy and not practicing self-care. Added to his stress levels was his grief. Broken-heart syndrome may have contributed to his decline.

Sorry, must buy the official coroner's report in both cases. Sometimes the truth is just so banal and preventable . . it's sexier to go for a big-bang theory when there's just nothing there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:06:01 PM PST
Hi Hikari

You could be right, but something still smells fishy.

Let's say she was murdered. The killers could have been aware of the leak and possible mold. So they set up their attack using mold as the excuse. It was only after her death that they found out there was no mold. Still, they killed the husband the same way because it fit the scenario better.

If he was going to live in the house, how come the husband did not get the house cleared of mold if his wife died from it? How come the mother, already weak, did not die from it?

Answer, because there was no mold.

COURTNEY HUTCHISON, ABC News Medical Unit
July 28, 2010

"The eerily similar deaths of Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack, a mere six months apart, are "unusual" but NOT mold-related, says Los Angeles County assistant chief coroner Ed Winter.

Rumors flew early this week after a TMZ report suggested that toxic mold in the celebrity couple's house was to blame for their twin cases of severe anemia and fatal pneumonia. But though the house may have mold, autopsies show it "was NOT a factor in their death," Winter says.

Nonetheless, Winter says the house has been reported to the Department of Public Health, as a precaution considering that two people died of respiratory illness in the same residence within a few months of each other.

"It is unusual to have two people die of similar circumstances with pneumonia. We've been looking at it and saying, 'Something isn't right.' I'm not saying you can't get pneumonia from mold, but we did all the tests on it -- mold did NOT come up in the toxicology reports," he says.

There had been suspicions of mold in the house last fall due to a persistent leak, but a full house inspection ordered by Monjack in October came back mold-free.

"Simon told Sharon and Brittany that there was NO mold danger and that they could remain in the house," family spokesperson Roger Neal says.

"In fact, Simon Monjack insisted on hiring an attorney and filed a lawsuit against the builder and subcontractors" due to the inferior products used in building that may have caused the leak, Neal says."

ps: After the 2 deaths the builder payed Sharon $600,000. But was that for nonexistent mold, or for the leak.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:28:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:29:53 PM PST
Hikari says:
Even if we rule out mold, the couple had a lot more in common besides just breathing the same air. They had access to the same medicine cabinet and abused many of the same substances. They would have ingested the same food and water; what if something they took, a drug or some bug they picked up on a shared vacation caused the anemia? Didn't they go on a tropical getaway in the year or so before their deaths?

Again, we are getting into the realm of the exotic . . . maybe it's as straightforward as the couple that does drugs together is likely to develop the same complications. People who are high often forget to eat, and they probably aren't juicing or taking their vitamins. What about radon? Or some other toxic chemical used on the walls or in the construction? Or a combination of substances--paint or resins or varnish--that in combination, turn toxic? If someone is exposed to even low levels on a daily basis over a year, two years . . these things build up in the system. Particularly if one is already weakened and compromised as those two were.

I would want to ask the contractor why he would have paid Brittany's mother more than a half million dollars in a settlement if he was not culpable for anything.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:33:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:33:52 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
"I'll never tell-ll."

(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:52:45 PM PST
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_building_syndrome

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:01:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 2:03:02 PM PST
Brittany's last performance was just as bad as Richard Pryor's. They both had the same pained, vacant, beaten down, distracted, and tired look in their eyes. She had probably had so many self inflicted health problems over the years that one more trip to the emergency room would guarantee that nobody would ever hire her again even for television work.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:41:54 PM PST
Yes. Eminem killed her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:55:23 PM PST
JB, have you spoken to him?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:13:02 PM PST
Yep. I have him on speed dial.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:23:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 11:26:15 PM PST
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:41:54 PM PST
JB. Taylor: LIVE FROM WAREHOUSE 13 says:
Yes. Eminem killed her.

Your allegation is very stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:26:44 PM PST
The question this forum is based on, is stupid. And it wasn't an allegation, it was sarcasm.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:36:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 11:38:06 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:22:03 AM PST
I reckon Eminem would find it funny. Same way I did.

Get a life, Madame Obsession.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:26:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:31:07 AM PST
It was hysterical (not) ....... yawn

Get a life, Madame Obsession - should that be Milady questionmark?

I'm happy with the life I have, I don't feel the need for more than one, Sloanykins.

Somebody on this forum has an addiction and obsession for multiple personalities. I think he should get a life, but maybe he can't due to his environment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:33:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:35:15 AM PST
RE: Get a life, Madame Obsession - should that be Milady questionmark?

Nope. But I think Madame Obsession should be your new Amazon name. *Looks around at the rest of the posters* Does anybody else thank that's a good idea?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:38:57 AM PST
Nope. But I think Madame Obsession should be your new Amazon name. *Looks around at the rest of the posters* Does anybody else thank that's a good idea?

If they can understand you :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:41:53 AM PST
<Kacee starts filing nails waiting for a witty retort>

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:00:26 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:43:25 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:05:58 AM PST
Not obsessed with at all, but I like Hinch, and Jeff Donaldson.

There are many that I don't like, lol.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:07:23 AM PST
<continues filing nails, still waiting for a witty retort.....>

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:40:00 AM PST
*with shooing hand gesture*

talk amongst yourselves...talk amongst yourselves

this is good stuff:0)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:43:11 PM PST
are we thinking of the same Hinch??? Beatles thread Hinch???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:49:31 PM PST
Yes, the one and the same.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:13:37 PM PST
He's good people! I don't get over there enough anymore...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions