Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Harry Potter Movie Lounge:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 7:59:10 PM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
Hi, all. Welcome to the 'Harry Potter Movie Lounge' A place where Harry Potter fans can come and talk all things Harry Potter. This isn't a place for negativity, or ignorance, but a place for fun, and entertaining conversation. You can talk about anything you want *As Long As It's Harry Potter Related* You can give your favorite movie or book quotes, your favorite scenes from the movies or books, whatever you like. Just make sure to be friendly and have fun.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:00:03 PM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I'll get the fun started. Here are ten of my favorite Harry Potter quotes.

(From the books)

1.(Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) "A breeze ruffled the neat hedges of Privet Drive, which lay silent and tidy under the inky sky, the very last place you would expect astonishing things to happen. Harry Potter rolled over inside his blankets without waking up. One small hand closed on the letter beside him and he slept on, not knowing he was special, not knowing he was famous, not knowing he would be woken in a few hours' time by Mrs. Dursley's scream as she opened the front door to put out the milk bottles, nor that he would spend the next few weeks being prodded and pinched by his cousin Dudley...He couldn't know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: "To Harry Potter - the boy who lived!"

2. (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) "He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through."
"How very rude of him."
"I told him I was."
Dumbledore opened his mouth to speak and then closed it again. Fawkes the phoenix let out a low, soft, musical cry. To Harry's intense embarrassment, he suddenly realized that Dumbledore's bright blue eyes looked rather watery, and stared hastily at his own knee. When Dumbledore spoke, however, his voice was quite steady.
"I am very touched, Harry."

3. (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) "Seventeen, eh!" said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred.
"Six years to the day we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely," said Harry, grinning up at him. "Didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail, and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details," Hagrid chortled."

4. (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) "You'll stay with me?'
Until the very end,' said James."

5. (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) "You may not like it minister, but you can't deny it: Dumbledore's got style."

6. (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)"Slowly, very slowly, he sat up, and as he did so he felt more alive, and more aware of his own living body than ever before. Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart? It would all be gone...or at least, he would be gone from it. His breath came slow and deep, and his mouth and throat were completely dry, but so were his eyes."

7. (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) "Oh my god! I've killed Harry Potter!"

8. (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) "They heard the click of the mail slot and flop of letters on the doormat.
"Get the mail, Dudley," said Uncle Vernon from behind his paper.
"Make Harry get it."
"Get the mail, Harry."
"Make Dudley get it."
"Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley."

9. (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) "Muggles have garden gnomes, too, you know," Harry told Ron as they crossed the lawn.

"Yeah, I've seen those things they think are gnomes," said Ron, bent double with his head in a peony bush, "like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods..."

10. (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone) "Which way did they go, Peeves?" Filch was saying. "Quick, tell me."
"Say 'please.'"
"Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go?"
"Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," said Peeves in his annoying singsong voice.
"All right- PLEASE."
"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!" And they heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away and Filch cursing in rage."

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:26:50 PM PST
I am a longtime reader of the books, and always enjoy going back to them from time to time. My favorite is perhaps Deathly Hallows, but my favorite of the movies is Chamber of Secrets. I stopped liking the movies once David Yates took over, but I might have a Potter marathon within the next few months.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 9:18:35 PM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I'm currently re-reading the books now. It's been a long time since I've read them so I thought I would dive back in. I'm currently half way through the 2nd book. I'm kind of surprised you stopped liking the movies when Yates took over. I thought he was brilliant. The last two Potter films, to me anyway's, were works of art. As for my favorite Harry Potter films, I really love 'Deathly Hallows' 1 & 2, and 'Sorcerers Stone'

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:56:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 26, 2012 10:56:27 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:57:08 PM PST
Anthony L. says:
The only good Harry Potter film or book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:37:09 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 26, 2012 11:38:07 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:17:27 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I enjoy all eight of the Harry Potter movies, easily among my very favorites of all time. That said, I do think that as a film Prisoner of Azkaban is still the best of them. Just image for image, shot for shot, and as a successful translation of a difficult story (especially the whole time travel sequence) to the screen, Azkaban remains a marvel. I've watched all of them many times and Azkaban still has the strongest resonance as a movie for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:38:55 AM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I think you are spot on with your assessment. Prisoner of Azkaban was a highly impressive movie. The acting throughout and the smooth transition of Dumbledore's was very impressively done. It's a film I've watched over and over again.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:41:27 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I also feel that Daniel Radcliffe gave his best performance as Harry in the series in Azkaban. He just about pops off the screen in it compared to the others. His performance is one of the continuing joys of the movie. Emily Watson and Rupert Grint also registered strongly in the film.

The only sad thing about Azkaban is that it was the last Harry Potter to have been scored by John Williams, though the fellow who did Goblet of Fire did a good job, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:15:01 AM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I personally thought he gave his best performances in the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th movies myself. Of the lot I just mentioned I thought the 7th and 8th movies were his, Emma and Rupert's best. As for the score, I never really noticed any difference in the quality. I've always thought the music was beautiful in each film.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:43:36 AM PST
The Potter film fans have always been split in two: the first half liked the more faithful direction (the first three), and the second liked the last four films, with a darker, more emotional driven approach. Goblet of Fire is half of each, and I fit into the first half.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:55:32 AM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I honestly liked them all. I liked some more than others, but I think each played off the other well, and most were pretty good adaptations of the book. If there was one I had to say I wasn't happy with, it would have to be the 5th one. They changed a lot of stuff in it. It was still a great movie, but I wish they would have been more loyal to the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:27:04 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
There are several reasons why Azkaban is the best of the Potter films:
1. The brilliant Alfonso Cuaron directing.
2. The cast were at the perfect age - not too old, not too young.
3. John Williams score.
4. Gary Oldman.
5. Gary Oldman.
6. Azkaban is the only Potter film in which Harry wins the Quidditch Cup.
7. David Thewlis.
8. Gary Oldman!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:29:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 10:32:09 AM PST
Four reasons why I love the Harry Potter films

Gary Oldman

David Thewlis

Jason Isaacs

Alan Rickman

and Sir Kenneth Branagh was brilliant as Gilderoy Lockhart in The Chamber Of Secrets (exactly how I imagined the character when I read the book!)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:04:23 PM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
Here are my Top Ten Favorite Harry Potter Characters.

1. Harry Potter (Duh!)
2. Rubeus Hagrid
3.Albus Dumbledore
4. Ron Weasley
5. Herminoe Granger
6. Luna Lovegood
7. Neville Longbottom
8. Dobby The House Elf
9. The Weasley Twins
10. Mrs. Weasley

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:31:28 PM PST
Remus Lupin
Sirius Black
Severus Snape
Lucius Malfoy
Fred Weasley
George Weasley
Mr Ollivander
Professor McGonagle
Hedwig
Bill Weasley

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 11:01:53 PM PST
Anthony L. says:
My Top 10 Harry Potter Characters:
1. Eragon
2. Han Solo
3. Hagrid
4. Dungledorff
5. Luke
6. Jesus
7. Fred Weasley
8. Frodo Baggins
9. Michael Madsen
10. Hermaionee Granger

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 11:06:17 PM PST
Anthony L. says:
Favorite Harry Potter Quotes:

1. "You will not pass," said Ron.
2. "Say 'ello to my 'ittle friend," said Hagrid.
3. "When Hell freezes over," shouted Professor Snape.
4. "And with great sadness, Dumbledore replied, "You...complete...me!"

And my all-time favorite:
5. "Gandalf said to Harry, "Do or do not, there is no try."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 11:11:02 PM PST
Anthony,
Who says the immortal line -
Bloody 'ell Harry!

?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 12:38:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2013 12:38:44 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
Was it Grebious Hufflesnod?

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 12:42:25 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
My Top 5 Harry Potter books:
1. Harry Potter and the Razors of the Lost Ark
2. Harry Potter and the Return of Harry Potter
3. Harry Potter and the Librarian's Stone
4. Harry Potter and the Witch and the Wardrobe
5. Harry Potter and the Wizard in the Striped Pyjamas
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions