Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Alibi Lounge

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2012 6:37:54 PM PDT
NOW OPEN!!

Featuring all the usual suspects...and some new ones. Drinks are on the house tonight only-- beer and champagne are well stocked.

If you ever need an alibi, come on in, it's what we're here for. Part of being on this thread is the given understanding that if any one of us needs an alibi, someone here will provide it.

Let the festivities begin! (Please try to keep it semi-clean; the upholstery is new).

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:20:06 PM PDT
It wasn't me...I was right here.

I think 10 years is an acceptable time frame to relinquish the need to be worried about spoilers. Well, actually, I reckon 7 years is acceptable, so 10 years is well into the comfort zone. But just to be safe, a spoilers alert may well be needed into infinity. WE may be fine with it, but there will always be those who plan on watching 'Jaws' one day (the shark dies!!Hahaha, take THAT, you slow coaches!).

I remember I did a little write up about 'High Plains Drifter' some months ago and was accused of giving too much away. I mean...CMON!

How long has 'Moon' been out there?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:22:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 7:26:56 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Don't be shy, folks, come right on in. Mr. Alan Cumming is outside passing out handbills inviting all and sundry to the musical revue beginning at 11pm in the bar.

I unfortunately will have to miss that, seeing as I have to be up at the butt crack of dawn, but I just stopped by to say 'Wilkommen, wilkommen, bienvenue' to our latest party lounge. This is the newest incarnation of our beloved, now dearly departed Funkadelic Freestyle (F2) Lounge aka the Potpourri Lounge. In accordance with custom (just devised on the spot), as the 9999th poster to close out the previous room, Mischief Girl got the honor of cutting the ribbon on our new one. I deputized her to christen it 'The Alibi Lounge'. Thank you to everyone for many wonderful (and some downright perverse) suggestions. I chose Alibi Lounge for a couple of reasons--short, sweet and easy to remember. Also because, let's be honest, we all spend a great deal of time here in the Movie Forum dodging other less entertaining responsibilities or otherwise hiding out from something. As MG said, if you ever need to prove to the authorities that you were not at the scene of a crime . . or if your significant other suspects you of having an affair . . we will vouch for you.

I will be noting many of the other fine suggestions for future use. After all, there are only 9996 posts remaining until I will call on them again. We filled the other one up in only 9 months. If we mention breasts enough times, I bet we could cut it down to 6.

In the meantime, enjoy yourselves . .and if you can't keep it clean, at least be sure to use appropriate protection. Drinks are free until last call at 2AM. Go ahead--mingle!

As ever, your
Mistress H.

PS . . Koala rang in before me . . good lad. Updating my post count accordingly.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:29:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 7:31:48 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Bartender! One more drinky-poo, if you please. Whaddaya mean I've had enough?! Why, I'll have you know that I can liquor my hold with the best of 'em. Whoooo, Whoopsie daisy...Whoa, Now, now, I'm fine. I'm just a little tipsy is all. Drunk?! I am not drunk! How dare you... I, sir, am offended. I am a repeat offender. I repeat, I will offend again! Somebody show me the way out of this joint....

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:42:02 PM PDT
Q says:
ALIBI!!!

I better have a seat in the VIP for contribution of the name! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:43:49 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Yes, absolutely. It even has your name on it. Thank you for reminding me that it was your submission. I couldn't remember who, but you nailed it, baybee . . !

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:50:29 PM PDT
Q says:
Good thing I don't have a significant other...because I think I actually AM having an affair with the Amazon Movie Forum!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:51:29 PM PDT
Moon is from 2009.
Sigh.
I guess I will have to wait a bit for explanations.

For those of you not sure what Sloany and I are talking about, in the last F2 Lounge post I asked how long do we have to wait before revealing potential spoilers in a movie? What is the statute of limitations on keeping discussions/reviews spoiler-free?

If a movie is 10 years old, can't we assume everyone who's wanted to see it will have seen it? I understand keeping things underwraps for a few years, but if I want to say She was really a He in reference to a movie from 15+ years ago, can't I?

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 7:51:59 PM PDT
Orgy anyone?

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:52:56 PM PDT
Q: are you a Star Trek fan? Q is a great character. John deLancie was perfectly cast.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:08:44 PM PDT
Sorry, I didn't see this post, Sloany.

I know it's a "first night party" here at the Alibi, but I'm too tired for an orgy.
It's going to have to wait until the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:31:15 PM PDT
Q says:
Oh, gross. I am not. Not even close.

It's a nickname as a result of my last name.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:32:48 PM PDT
Q says:
Which she is a he?!

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:36:53 PM PDT
Hikari says:
It's not "Quilty", is it?
--------------------------
Re. the 'she' is a 'he' question . . . if you have to ask, we shouldn't spoil it for you.

Benedict Cumberbatch is getting undressed as I type. Never saw skin with Sherlock. He's definitely a he.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:50:55 PM PDT
Q says:
Oh, I thought we were referring to me!

Haha. (jokes).

Is it a mooooooovie?

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:52:06 PM PDT
Q says:
Speaking of CASUISTRY...

I'm watching 'Religulous' right now and laughing my arse off. Anyone else a fan?

Posted on May 8, 2012 8:53:59 PM PDT
Hikari says:
No, I meant, you aren't Q for Quilty, are you?

'Q' for Quartermaster? lol

Quinoa?

You need to watch "The Crying Game" with the great Stephen Rea.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:54:15 PM PDT
C McGhee says:
MG- semi-clean

OK, I know when I'm not wanted. So three naked women walk up to the pearly gates & ask, "Is this where we'll find St. Peter?"..... Uh, yeah I forgot.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:57:31 PM PDT
C McGhee says:
Q- Good thing I don't have a significant other

remember, not all one-night stands are insignificant & most people are significantly either left or right handed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:58:48 PM PDT
C McGhee says:
MG- spoilers

the only rule I know that is web wide for spoilers is to mark them like this

***SPOILERS***

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:00:12 PM PDT
C McGhee says:
KKaS- orgy? OK

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/a/b/collegehumor.dfad06ea732b514279c8cebb9fc2fb07.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 9:55:18 PM PDT
Q says:
Hikari,

re: Q--> Only JPB knows for sure!

re: he/she--> I was wondering about the movie you were referring to in the "spoilers" discussion. Because I knew of a movie like that and wanted to see if it was the same one! Or were you being facetious?

I just want to take a moment of silence, to honor the woman who runs my Golden Retriever Rescue group...for bringing me a stand alone AC unit tonight because my HVAC is fried and I can't afford to replace it. Has anyone tried to live through a f*****g Florida summer with no AC? I'm all for "roughing it," but my poor dog was about to have a heatstroke!

Flowers to Sheri!
Brickbats to Wells Fargo! For not loaning me any $$$!

Posted on May 8, 2012 9:56:02 PM PDT
Q says:
And McGhee,

I'm ambidextrous.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 10:48:59 PM PDT
C McGhee says:
Q- ambidextrous

Oh lordy, I just love that-

http://www.staceyreid.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/EcstaticMan-150x300.png

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:17:29 PM PDT
Q says:
Oh, no. I just made the mistake of clicking on this link. Groan.

The lounge is clean no more.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions