Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

2012 Blu-Ray Pickups

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2013 10:03:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2013 10:30:02 AM PST
Alex says:
Abraham Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter
The Amazing Spiderman
Dark Knight Rises
Dark Shadows
Hunger Games
Moonrise Kingdom
Projext X
Ruby Sparks
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Snow White and the Huntsman

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 8:12:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2013 8:13:25 AM PST
So far for movie's released in 2012 I own Marvel's The Avengers, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Dredd on Blu-ray. I plan on buying MIB III sometime, and Wreck-It Ralph, and I may just buy The Amazing Spider-Man if I find it at a good deal somewhere down the road.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 8:30:01 AM PST
D. Larson says:
Abraham Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter (Really?)

The Amazing Spiderman (So-so remake. Totally unnecessary.)

Avengers (Can't disagree.)

Brave (Not Disney's best, but no bad. Worthy.)

Dark Knight Rises (Disc-worthy, but way, way too long. I could've cut out 45 minutes easily, and not missed a plot point or lightened the overly gloomy mood.)

Dark Shadows (You really want to cop to this tedious humor-challenged misfire? OK, but it's on you.)

Dictator (I remember when we used to think this guy was funny. That was about four pictures ago, though.)

Hunger Games (Tolerable. Too long, of course. Having not read the book, I'll assume it's a good interpretation.)

Lorax (I have not been eight years old for a very long time.)

Moonrise Kingdom (Lovely to look at, so twee it makes my teeth itch. Worthwhile for the oddness.)

Paranorman (I'm a sucker for stop-motion. So, it's in.)

Project X (I have no opinion. I did not see it.)

Prometheus (Incredible-looking, in-the-end disappointing. I don't regret seeing it, but I don't ever need to see it again. Too long, as per usual.)

Ruby Sparks (Funny, but I'm not up for repeat viewing. Verging on twee.)

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (Speaking of twee... Carrell acts doleful, counterbalancing the twee-ness to a very slight extent. Tiresome. The end of the world seemed to take a long time getting here.)

Snow White and the Huntsman (Unlike so many, I liked it, if only for the CGI. Nicely done magical realism eye candy.)

Wanderlust (Big tub o' meh on this one. Contrived forced pathos/humor. Seen worse, but hope to see much better.)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 11:42:05 AM PST
jacob says:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Target Exclusive
Cabin In the Woods
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dictator Best Buy Beard Exclusive
Man On A Ledge
The Raid Redemption
I plan on getting Argo, End of Watch, Django Unchained, Les Miserables, Flight, Lincoln, The Hobbit, Zero Dark Thirty,

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:12:37 AM PST
Alex says:
I plan on getting Dredd, The Hobbit, Django Unchained, Argo, Looper, Man with the Iron Fists, & Hotel Transylvania.

Note I did also buy Beats, Rhymes, & Life, A travels of a Tribe Called Quest, and The Art of Rap, and some animated DC/Marvel films, but I didn't include them in here for what ever reason.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions