Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Your Review of the Last Movie You Watched

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 10:52:04 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:45:48 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 10:53:08 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 3:42:15 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
C McGhee,

I thought The Passion of the Christ was a great movie.

I agree with you, that people got hung up on the violence, but the violence did reflect what was told in the Bible, therefore I felt it was hypocritical for Christains to complain about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 3:45:57 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
tarek,

Your assumption that Alba's butt would only please the "male" audience is old fashioned and close-minded.

You find nudity in an art form (like movies are) to be demeaning to women?

Are you a Taliban, Muslim, or what? "Demeaning" is all in your mind, Osama. Although I respect your right to cover all of your women in Burkas if you like, just don't cover Alba!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 3:50:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:42 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 4:12:13 PM PST
Hikari says:
@tarek, cherie
That's why they call it 'discipline', my dear. It's supposed to hurt.

I will never mar your pretty face--I will just break your spirit a little bit, so you can reflect upon the misbehaviors that got you into such a mess as an SJP-bondage marathon. ;-)))

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 4:28:33 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:42 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 4:49:21 PM PST
Hikari says:
@WK
I am hardly 'bad'--I am tops at what I do. I am a consummate professional. All the 'bad' cases get sent to me, see . . .my partner ILHJ and I make a dynamic tag team. Her specialty is role-play & paddling. If you want your spankings with a British flavor, she's the disciplinarian to see. I get the more hard-core, really recalcitrant cases. It's a tough job but someone has to do it . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 5:03:56 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 5:11:08 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
Oh, I've got to party with you, Hikari! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 5:38:56 PM PST
Hikari says:
Yeah, yeah . . .that's what you all say . . .and still, I was on my own last night for New Year's!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 6:00:13 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:45 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 6:02:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2011 6:05:36 PM PST
Hikari says:
A New Year's Day double-feature at my local dollar-plex:

UNSTOPPABLE starring Denzel Washington & Chris Pine

Another entry in the 'frantic action' genre from director Tony Scott. The second train-themed collaboration with Tony Scott for Mr. Washington, recently seen in "The Taking of Pelham 123". This was a better effort than the predecessor, thought the same massive carnival of machinery: cars, trucks, trains, choppers, police cruisers, tankers, etc. most of them flipping over and exploding at some point, are on display. As with the earlier film, the 'media' is an everpresent force, frequent 'media updates' being cut into the action to make us feel as though we are right there with the players as the events unfold. I've heard this summed up as "Speed: on a Train" and that's as apt a description as any, and all you need to know to grasp the basic plot premise. Achored by two likeable actors in Washington & Chris Pine, this is not a great film, just an entertainment . .some stunt ephemera that passes quickly and will be forgotten about shortly after final credits roll. But you could do worse for passing a couple of hours--especially if you can still catch it in second-run at your local dollar theatre. If not, it's not too long a wait til the DVD is out & it will keep until then.

Denzel did a movie 10 years ago featuring himself in a cramped, run-away mode of transport, "Crimson Tide". His partner in that was Gene Hackman. "Unstoppable" is no "Crimson Tide". It's not even a "Speed". But it is certainly better than Speed 2: Cruise Control by a comfortable margin.

RED Starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich & Helen Mirren

The day's second feature & a great deal of fun. To show you how much, I would even gladly pay full ticket price to see it again. Bruce Willis is living a comfortable, if sterile, suburban retirement, where the only thing he really has to look forward to is talking to his Social Security pension rep (Mary-Louise Parker) every month on the phone. About 15 minutes into the film, Bruce's quiet 'retirement' comes to an end as a horde of SWAT team guys descend on his quiet neighborhood and reduce his house to a pile of bullet-riddled rubble. Bruce is, of course, ex-CIA ops, code RED (Retired & Extremely Dangerous) . . .and he goes on a road trip to first collect his lady friend from the SSA (more like 'abducts', but he has his reasons) and round up the rest of his old gang for one final mission, to find out who wants them all dead and why. The rest of his old crew are likewise bored stiff in retirement and happily get back in harness for one final gig. Probably the most fun I've had at the movies this year. Willis proves again that he singlehandedly is bringing sexy back for middle-aged bald guys everywhere. He's never been better. John Malkovich isn't known for comedy, but he gets the goofball role here and nearly steals the show away from the likes of Willis, Richard Dreyfuss & Morgan Freeman. Add Brian Cox & Helen Mirren & it's a veritable Who's Who of estimable acting talent all having a romp. These oldsters run circles around Angelina Jolie & Matt Damon both as action heroes. I liked it so much I may have to buy it when it comes out on DVD.

It felt kinda like 'Star Trek' day for me--first Chris Pine (Kirk) and then Karl Urban ('Bones') each show up in one half of my double-feature. Karl Urban is turning into the Bruce Willis of his generation--humor, action, romance--he does them all while looking fine with varying degrees of hair. Like Bruce, if he ever goes bald, he will still look fine. And he does great with accents--a skill even Bruce himself can't boast of.

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 6:20:55 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2011 10:07:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 6:41:42 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 6:44:10 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 8:45:25 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
tarek says:
D.D: "Your assumption that Alba's butt would only please the "male" audience is old fashioned and close-minded."
Is it supposed to be a compliment or an insult ? ^^

DD says: It's neither but I guess you find it good to be close-minded in this way? And you're proud to agree with the moral majority, Nazi's and the Taliban?

Allllrighty then.

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 8:59:43 PM PST
Just watched "Surviving the Game" with Ice T for the first time.....I realize this is an old one....but reading Rutger Hauer's book & how he discusses how the filmakers kept delaying his & Gary Busey's confrontation scene made me curious about it....this story of course has been done to death in T.V. shows (Charlie's Angels, Hulk) & the film "Hard Target"......but overall with a cast like Hauer, Busey, F Murray Abraham, Charles Dutton, & Ice T himself...how bad could it be??...well....it isn't bad....just slow....plus there is not a single woman in this....a little eye candy would have been nice even if for just a moment....overall...I expected a little more action here......hate to admit it...but Van Damme's film is better...& more action packed....all the actors in "Game" have done better films

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 9:23:15 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2011 10:07:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 12:42:27 AM PST
C McGhee says:
Hikari- on your own

go see Black Swan. Natalie Portman has an idea about how to turn loneliness into togetherness. Instructions included if you pay attention.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 12:57:27 AM PST
C McGhee says:
JM- earliest London performances of Messiah, here so falsely portrayed

you will then enjoy the music in BLACK SWAN as it isn't adulterated. You will of course never get a look at the complete score but the haunting white swan & black swan & sorcerer melodies are there.

I have heard of A Harlot's Progress & it used to be on the rent shelf at our local DVD dealer. The music tampering probably ruins my desire to see that one. I need to shorten my list to see anyway. Thanks for the input.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 1:41:50 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2011 10:07:08 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 8:03:23 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:52 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 8:31:26 AM PST
Hikari says:
@mcghee
Zat you suggesting some me-on-girl action? Not really my thing. Plus it doesn't address the issue of me being *all by myself*. Nearly as hard to find female company as male. I've got togetherness with my cats. (No bestiality jokes, please. Besides they are all females--no girl on girl action for me, especially of the interspecies kind.) I have my B.O.B. (Battery Operated Boyfriend) but I've been leaving him in the drawer lately. He's so uncommunicative and never wants to cuddle.

I will have to see "Black Swan" on my own if I get there--I can't find a soul who will agree to go with me. To "True Grit", either. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 8:56:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:32:54 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions