Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Your Review of the Last Movie You Watched

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 9:37:03 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:45:38 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:10:41 AM PST
Personally, I enjoyed Terminator: Salvation. I kind of lost interest in the franchise after T3, but Salvation really surprised me with how good it was and renewed my interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:29:53 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:45:39 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:33:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 10:36:21 AM PST
I await their wise council. But I won't be holding my breath waiting, at least in Hikari, and J.P. Baker's cases as I doubt they've even watched it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:41:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:16 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 10:42:48 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:16 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 10:56:02 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:17 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 11:10:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 11:11:14 AM PST
Part 3 to me was a big disappointment. It just felt like more of the same old thing. Salvation at least finally took us into the future with the Skynet war which is what a lot of fans had been waiting for. I just found it to be a much more satisfying film.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 11:17:19 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:18 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 11:41:15 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 19, 2011 10:45:39 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 12:03:08 PM PST
Yeah but seeing as how it took 3 entire movies just to lead up to the future war with Skynet, it's not really fair to say Salvation brought nothing new to the table. Salvation was planned to be the first of a new trilogy, so taking that into consideration I think they delivered more than enough of a story for the first chapter.

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 12:09:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 12:37:47 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
Winter's Bone 1/10

This isn't the last movie I watched but I see it's up for an Academy Award for best picture, so I have to weigh in with a warning. Don't waste your time, this movie is a piece of crap!

Although, if you like pieces of crap, then by all means, check it out.

SPOILER ALERT -- READ NO FURTHER, ALTHOUGH THERE'S NOT MUCH TO SPOIL, BELIEVE ME...

When I was in grade school I noticed that any time the drama people wanted to pretend they could act, they'd put on a play where they all had to speak in Southern accents! WTF!? Who can't do that? Just get drunk and you're automatically slurring and talking stupid and you're half-way there, without having to be a thespian, y'all.

Winter's Bone (not even sure what that means even after watching the whole dang thang, y'all) is just 90 minutes of sloshing around in the mud, while a cute country teenage girl gets to ask a bunch of hillbillies, "Have you seen my daddy? I done gots three kids to look after and the bank man is gonna come take our house if I don't find my daddy!"

Then hillbilly du jour gets to fetch their shot gun, fire a warning shot and say, "Get the hell off my property fore I fill ya full of lead."

"But I just want my daddy, we got nuffin' to eat and we done need him, waaaah!"

"You heard me girl, now you git, and don't ask no one no more, or you'll be in serious trouble, you hear me, girl?"

"But I need my daddy..."

"Your daddy was a no good low down piece of run over snakeskin no good to nobody; now you best just forget about him. Now git offa my property and don't come back, y'hear?"

Now repeat that loop about 20 more times and you got your academy nominee movie thar.

The only thing I can figure is that pseudo-eridites get to look down their noses at country mud-folk and see them as "cute," the way you would an aquarium full of gerbils, and from that superior position they can pretend to relate to them cute little critters. Oprah group-hug of self satisfaction for pretending to relate to the little people.

Sheryl Lee (Laura from Twin Peaks) makes an odd guest appearance. They could have saved the movie by at least having her show a nipple, but nooooooo... what (the filmmakers felt) we needed was some more sloshing around in the mud, instead.

There must have been a portal through the black lodge that dumped her thar in mud city.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 12:19:31 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:19 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 2:07:41 PM PST
jmgirl says:
Incendiary - 4/10 stars

Michelle Williams plays "The Mother" (her name is never mentioned). Her 4 year old son is her whole life. She loves that boy more than anything, but her marriage isn't doing so well. She ends up having an affair. One day her husband takes their son to a major sporting event, so she invites her lover over for a tryst. Near the end of one of the steamiest, most intense love scenes I've ever witnessed the tv (which has been tuned to the big game the whole time) shows the stadium blow up. A news report says that suicide bombers infiltrated the arena as an act of terrorism. Her husband and son were killed.

The 4 stars I gave this movie were 4 big, fat, well deserved ones. They were all for Michelle Williams, who gave an Oscar-worthy performance, imo. (Maybe a star or two for a naked Ewan McGregor, lol.) She was brilliant as a grieving mother, wracked with guilt. I believed her heartbreak and shed more than a few tears over her fictional loss.

The 6 stars I did not give this one were due to all the extremely WEAK sub plots. There was one involving the suicide bomber's wife and son. Another with one of her husband's colleagues who falls for "The Mother", but has a secret. And of course, there is Ewan McGregor's character, always popping up, but not adding much to the second half of the film.

The focus of the movie was "The Mother" and how she dealt with losing her heart. That's how it should have been, but all the sub-plots seemed to trip over each other, and just fizzle out.

I say watch this one only if you want to see a really great performance (or if you want to see naked Ewan McGregor).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 2:12:08 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
you ever notice in movies, cheating women are sympathetic but not cheating men?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:02:52 PM PST
C McGhee says:
RNR-

http://www.nudecelebrityvideos.net/wp-content/gwyneth_paltrow_nude_breasts.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:04:03 PM PST
C McGhee says:
RNR-

http://images.celebritymoviearchive.com/members/thumbs/b/bM2354-GwynethPaltrow@Sylvia-2.jpg

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 3:05:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 3:07:51 PM PST
T. Smith says:
Moon

5 out of 5

Just an amazing, low budget, sci-fi movie.

The fact that Sam Rockwell didn't receive any awards for his performance is startling and slightly frightening, being that this was in 2009 and if I remember correctly, the Oscars line-up looked more like a popularity contest than a prestigious awards ceremony.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:10:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 3:11:32 PM PST
Leave it to McGhee to find the goods on Gwyneth Paltrow. Ha! She is looking very nice I must say. I have only seen her in a handful of movies over the years so this movie last night and these stills are the only nude shots of her that I have ever seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:12:22 PM PST
C McGhee says:
RNR-

Sylvia was a sexy little girl. She showed her b--bies & 2 nice brown pearls. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:32:45 PM PST
Hikari says:
@rock and the rest of y'all--
I find it hard to believe that Gwynnie has that much to get excited over but to each (two each?) his own. I don't suppose Bruce Paltrow (RIP) or Blythe Danner would be too jazzed about their acting royalty daughter showing nip, but then, Gywnnie's It Girl status was very 1995. 15 years is an eternity in starlet years, and after her Oscar win in 1998 over Cate Blanchett for a period role that was actually deserving of acting's highest accolade, Gwynnie sort of pulled the acting equivilent of Tara Lipinski and withdrew from the public stage for quite a while. Tara knew her gold medal at 16 after all her other competitors skated worse on the only night that mattered was a complete fluke & she elected (wisely) to not push her luck & continue with professional skating so as to display that her medal was, indeed, a fluke, and not because she was the best. Gwyneth elected to spend her post-Oscar win years chasing Coldplay all over the world on tour, then having an Apple and a Moses. Now that she's in her late 30s and making a bid to get back in the game, being naked on film is one way to show that she's still relevant. I did like her turn in "Sylvia" and thought she was well-cast. Most of her other films have been rather disappointing affairs. Besides showing nip, another way for a middle-aged actress who has been known for arty-type pictures to drum up interest in herself again is to sing on film. Meryl Streep did it to great acclaim in Postcards from the Edge & again in Mamma Mia! It will be interesting to see how "Country Strong" performs. I guess it'd be coals to Newcastle to point out that Gwyneth is no Meryl Streep. The title of "Meryl Streep of her generation" goes to Cate Blanchett, whom the Academy robbed in 1998 for "Elizabeth", one of the most powerful female acting performances ever put to celluloid, in favor of a Hollywood dynasty ingenue in an ill-fitting pink dress. Guess Gwynnie dodged a bullet with Brad Pitt, eh? If that relationship had gone off, she'd be in Jenn Aniston's shoes right now instead of Jenn Aniston.

One benefit to being built like a coat hanger as Gwyneth is, is that the Girls stay perky though life. Gwyneth is in the Pre-Raphaelite school and there are many devotees of that look.

I have not seen Terminator 4, so sadly cannot offer comment on it positive or negative. Bale seems like a suitably intense choice, since Edward Furlong has kind of derailed his career. Does anybody else see a resemblance between the young Ed Furlong and the young Leo DiCaprio? I always did. If they would have switched hair they could have easily stood in for each other on their respective films. My only thought re. Terminator 4 is that maybe Chris Bale could consider leaving SOME parts in Hollywood for other actors--is that guy everywhere or what?? :)

I have "Winter's Bone" in my possession right now, compliments of Netflix. Dragged it home over Christmas in the vain thought that I might watch it, but we didn't--we went the trad Yuletide route of "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Scrooge" instead. Time well spent, I'd say, until next year. That bad, huh? Okay, I REALLY don't trust critics anymore then.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:42:48 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:31:27 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:49:26 PM PST
Hikari says:
@W.K.
Maybe Chris Martin will let you sip wine from his wife's collarbones. :))

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 3:55:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 3:59:05 PM PST
Hi Hikari - I usually prefer my women to have a little more meat on their bones than Gwyneth has, but as you mentioned, it is her "perkiness" that grabs my attention.

I recently saw Edward Furlong in a movie which the title is not coming to mind right now, but all I can say is that he looked really bad. Just unkempt, puffy-faced, dark circles under the eyes etc. All I could think is that he must still be having substance abuse problems. Sad.

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 8:19:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2010 8:21:32 PM PST
bella7 says:
Speaking of Gwyneth Paltrow, I watched "Little Faulkers" with Blythe Danner. (I couldn't type the real title due to "objectionable content" warning from Amazon!)

I don't think it will win any awards, but I enjoyed the movie. The dynamics between Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro are funny. Movie was pretty silly and over the top at times with Jessica Alba as a seductress and Owen Wilson as the rich, eccentric friend, not to mention Barbara Streisand as a sex therapist and her free-spirited husband Dustin Hoffman. Several laugh out loud moments. I recommend it if you liked the 1st two movies in the series.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions