Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Ratatouille

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 18, 2012 4:32:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 4:41:03 PM PDT
mack says:
Has anyone ever seen this Disney Movie...I could watch this movie
over & over...I am a kid at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMY!!!!!Linguini!!!! Collette!!!! Skinner!!!!!

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 4:42:47 PM PDT
It's not Disney, it's Pixar. Two very different things.

Haven't seen it. I hope it's at least better than Finding Nemo, but I'm sure it's not The Incredibles.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:34:00 AM PDT
"Ratatouille" had its charms, no question. It was very successful, and praised by critics. The graphics were nice because of the French setting. It's a nice Pixar venture, for my money. Not as entertaining or fun as "Finding Nemo" ... but we all have our favorites. (I also enjoyed "Meet the Robinsons" but that's not Pixar, it's Disney.)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:33:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2012 7:34:09 AM PDT
Hikari says:
I saw "Ratatouille" at a Sunday matinee showing and there were a lot of kids there. Next to me was a tot of no more than 21/2--she was still in diapers. I groaned inwardly, sure that this was going to be too long and sophisticated for a 2-year-old to sit through. For an animated feature, it's pretty long, what, 90 minutes? There's a lot of talking, French . . .making of omelettes and such. I thought her parents were boneheads for bringing her.

Dang if she didn't sit captivated though the entire thing--didn't move, didn't make a peep. Really. She was better-behaved than most of the older kids present. Surprised the heck out of me. Quite a remarkable young lady, thought I--only 2 years old and captivated by the spirit of Paree. Maybe I was sitting next to a future Julia Child. :)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:35:16 AM PDT
mack says:
Ratatouille is my favorite...................Hands down..........

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 8:36:56 AM PDT
mack says:
It's a very enjoyable movie!!!!!!!!!!!! I have watched it many times!!!! And will continue to do so!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:41:55 PM PDT
That tot probably wouldn't have used excessive punctuation. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 1:46:56 PM PDT
Wasn't a big fan of the movie.

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 4:08:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 2:50:21 PM PDT
mack says:
Ratatouille movie comes on it has the Disney Castle in the intro before the movie starts.....I have the dvd.....It's WALT DISNEY PICTURES PRESENTS: Pixar animation studio film..So Pixar is associated with Disney on this movie... Disney is the production end of this movie & Pixar did the animation....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:10:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 23, 2012 4:14:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:10:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 23, 2012 4:12:03 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:13:04 PM PDT
mack says:
Read message on 10/23.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:36:35 PM PDT
Ok, so? It's still not part of the Disney Animated Features canon, if that is what you were implying.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 5:48:06 PM PDT
Scarlet Lady says:
Well cool - have eaten said dish many times (made with the kids!)

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 11:58:10 AM PDT
mack says:
It is associated with Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why do they show in the intro before the movie starts The Disney Castle???? Why is that??? On the cover of the dvd it say's DISNEY. Pixar..And on the back of the dvd cover it say's Walt Disney Home entertaiment. Pixar is assocated w/Disney....It's Disney/Pixar.......Just stating the facts....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 11:59:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 4:03:41 PM PST
mack says:
Read new comment on Oct. 24....REMY Forever!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 1:11:19 PM PDT
You are just rambling on, aren't you?

Yes, it is distributed by Disney, but they are not the artistic company behind it.

Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 1:53:32 PM PDT
Yes, it is distributed by Disney. It's a business arrangement, it's contractual. But Uncle Walt's decendants didn't create this film. The only reason we should know the difference is because Pixar's films are better, which is helpful when making a decision. They are fresher, funnier and visually more interesting and have been for quite some time now.

Other wise I completely agree with mack. This is by far my favorite animated film. Not just because I laughed all the way through it but also it was a beautiful thing to watch. The humor was sophisticated and yet, apparently quite suitable for a 2-year-old future Julia Child.

I would have used more punctuation but mack has cornered the market on exclamation points. My lack of punctuation notwithstanding, I am certain that I like "Ratatouille" just as much as mack and I recommend it without reservation.

After I saw the film the first time, I wanted to see it again, so I asked a friend to go see it with me. Her response was, "I'm not going to see a movie about rats in a kitchen!" It takes all kinds.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 2:42:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 2:55:36 PM PDT
mack says:
My point they are associated together in this movie . Even though pixar did the animation part of this movie. And I don't ramble on. I agree it is distributed by Disney. Okay. I just like to make things perfectely clear & no misunderstandings.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 2:47:58 PM PDT
mack says:
Do you have the movie? Check out the front & back of the dvd cover...And what does it say. I read it already. I think we are both on the right track.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 2:52:53 PM PDT
mack says:
That's all for now!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 3:49:28 PM PDT
But things were clear. You worded your original post looking like it was made by Disney, not Pixar.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:40:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 7:56:52 AM PDT
mack says:
yes it is clear now..Disney did the production part of the movie and Pixar did the animation part of the movie..If you have this movie check out & read the back cover of the dvd. Also Disney did the marketing for this movie and they
are in partnership with Pixar. Ratatouille will be on the T.V. ck. times below...

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:52:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 7:56:08 AM PDT
mack says:
RATATOUILLE ON NEXT WEEK............On DisnXD..............................Mon. 5th at 5:00p.m. & Tues. at 7:00a.m.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 12:48:51 PM PDT
I wasn't a fan of Ratatouille. It was alright, just not the best of Pixar's films.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions