Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Agree Or Disagree

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 509 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:12:39 PM PST
I didn't understand the statement so I opted to go with Baekyr's statement instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:33:15 PM PST
rick tan says:
agree. violence is easier to do tho, and do well. when actors talk about secks scenes, awkward is the first thing they usually say

statement: ellen page will still be relevant in her 30s

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:36:49 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 8:43:03 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:40:20 PM PST
Agree. I think she's an interesting personally but it doesn't come off well on screen most times. It often seems to me like Page is trying to imitate other actors rather than be her own charming self. Another one like that is Kristen Bell.

Statement: Roland Emmerich movies are funnier (unintentionally) than Judd Apatow's are (intentionally).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:42:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 8:44:30 PM PST
Agree. Disregard my last Agreement I guess, but I use the same Statement for this one too.
----
P. S.: "at least one really unnecessary sequel or prequel to a classic movie."

That's a massive underestimate!
-----
Statement: Roland Emmerich movies are funnier (unintentionally) than Judd Apatow's are (intentionally).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:45:35 PM PST
Whoops I deleted my last one cause I thought I was late. I'm a tad off today, I think. Sorry bout that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:48:07 PM PST
Agree:

Statement: British actors are on equal level talent wise as American actors

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:52:13 PM PST
rick tan says:
ot kinda, was 2012 that bad tho? i could see ppl doing the "lets hide in a ship" thing. also do u consider "superbad" apatow? no rite? it's kinda good i thought

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:53:55 PM PST
Yeah, it was me who was late.

Agree. Per capita I might even say British actors are superior to American.

Statement: Canadians are just like U. S., except much nicer. Just like Kiwis are the refined version of Aussies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:55:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 8:57:43 PM PST
I liked '2012' as a pure popcorn absurdly overwrought movie...up until the ending, where it got to be too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:56:18 PM PST
Agree.

Statement: In regards to fight scenes Japanese and Korean movies are better than American and British films.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:00:40 PM PST
Yes, agree. I'm glad you didn't say Hong Kong because I think those are overrated at this point.

Statement: I'm not some PETA fanatic but shooting dogs dead for 'black comedy' in movies was never funny.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:02:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:03:49 PM PST
* further explanation: maybe that shooting-dogs cliche in modern comedies isn't that well-known to you guys? All I know is it really gets on my nerves. And the worst scene in the Coen brothers catalog is when they kill off the pooch in the gas mask from 'The Ladykillers'. Not funny. Not offensive, only dumb.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:06:42 PM PST
rick tan says:
ya i haven't seen alot of those scenes. i've prob only seen 1 idk which movie, but dog death scenes would be kinda disturbing to alot of ppl i think

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:07:38 PM PST
Agree. I've never cared for that at all.

Statement. Movies about authors writing in strange cabins has been done to death and needs to stop. Or at least slow way, way, down... like almost to the point where no one even makes them anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:08:58 PM PST
They are definitely overrated at this point. I too think they've gotten a bit full of themselves.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:10:47 PM PST
rick tan says:
uh, hopefully baker can comment on that lol. not familiar with those movies

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:12:42 PM PST
rick tan says:
really guys? fearless/ip man y/n?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:20:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:23:14 PM PST
I haven't seen too many like that. I'll tentatively agree because I thought the one with Johnny Depp and John Turturro was trite and overdone.

Statement: The following still holds true today in movies... "I don't think plot as a plot means much today. I'd say that everybody has seen every plot twenty times. What they haven't seen is [all kinds of] characters and their relation to one another. I don't worry much about plot anymore." - Howard Hawks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:35:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:58:55 PM PST
rick tan says:
agree. it's good to have plot and focus on character relationships, but agree if i had to choose between the 2. the best do both though

statement: canadians are better-looking than americans

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:37:24 PM PST
I don't watch many prevues so I'll let JB or someone else field this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:56:09 PM PST
I don't watch teasers either.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:57:08 PM PST
rick tan says:
lol jb you still here. psure its us 3 so ima edit my statement incase you guys or anyone else wants to continue

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:59:30 PM PST
Yep still here.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 10:02:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 10:03:47 PM PST
Agree (probably?)... I don't know, since they're always decked out in so many layers of seal skins.
If I had to take a guess...probably. Americans are an unholy sight by and large.

Statement: The Movie Industry of the old Soviet Block Countries isn't what it used to be.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  509
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions