Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Coffee Talk--The Off Topic Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 10:09:22 AM PST
Very simple--in the spirit of Linda Richman, introduce a topic of any sort, and invite us all to DISCUSS!!!!!

A continuation of the spirit of the Worst Discussion Thread.

Just a few guidelines, please. Write in clear English, please. No sock puppets. Everything is open for discussion, but shall we try to keep personalities out of it?

And let me start with: the upcoming Academy Awards. Can anyone remember a year in which there was so little that was interesting among the nominees?

DISCUSS!!!!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:15:53 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Uh, yeah...I'll take a vanilla latte and a blueberry muffin to go please. I'm kinda in a rush.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:23:45 AM PST
I came for the coffee ;)
http://youtu.be/ab-l6vhq5vc

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:40:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 10:44:19 AM PST
This is the brand that I drink :)

http://youtu.be/LgR6u7mULHk
http://youtu.be/jLRJu-dS704

I didn't know this, just discovered the advert now.
http://youtu.be/S9Za2zKddkw

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 10:41:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 12:29:59 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
You really must try the blueberry muffins, Rusty. They're simply deelicious!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:49:52 AM PST
"Folks, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just let it happen. Could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee."

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:03:50 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I like to get massages in my special place.

"That's right, My Special Place Massage Parlor over on the corner of Oakwood and Beaver St. Because YOU deserve to be treated special."

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:05:05 AM PST
Ladies and gentlemen: the coffee bar is to the left, the baked goods to the right. Exact change is appreciated. Don't forget to tip the barrista.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:07:15 AM PST
In particular, let me recommend the dark roast Sumatra.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:39:29 PM PST
RE: "Don't forget to tip the barrista."

As the great Mr. Pink says, "Uh-uh, I don't tip."

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:42:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 1:49:36 PM PST
I don't drink anything but GREEK!!!...pout*

BUT...I think the problem is with TOO many award shows leading up to the Academy Awards!!!...I'm tired of the same winners and the same speeches...It's just boring!!!...Even the RED CARPET is...zzzzzzzzzzzz....Oh sorry I fell asleep there for a minute!~!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:47:20 PM PST
B: You may find the excellent Cuban coffee a suitable alternative.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 1:50:36 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 2:03:08 PM PST
Rock, I love me some muffins, but the blueberries gotta roll. Now a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup o'joe hits the pleasure centers like a velvet hammer, Oh Yeah :)

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:32:12 PM PST
Hikari says:
Mr. Smith--
I think it's customary when lauching a new room to make all the drinks gratis. That vastly increases foot traffic & whips up enthusiasm for the new hot spot.

I say all the coffee and pastries should be ON THE HOUSE for the Grand Opening, and since it's getting late now, that offer should be extended into tomorrow, as well. Patrons are always welcome to tip generously if they feel so moved. Periodic entertainment helps to maintain interest when conversation starts to lag. The baristas could have a competition to see who can whip up the biggest head of foam, shirts optional!

Just an idea. I know a little something or two about marketing a new Lounge concept. :-)

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:08:04 PM PST
H: Of course--for the first three days, refreshments are on the house. I do hope you tip the barrista, however--he's a whiz at complicated mixtures.

Did you like the scones, by the way? A personal specialty. And as I said--we do have several rather special coffees. I can manage Cuban, but the prep for Greek or Turkish gets a little complicated.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:17:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 3:19:27 PM PST
Wow.

Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

Bottle & Fresh Horses

"WOW".

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:45:59 PM PST
Like Winston Wolf, I like my coffee with lots of cream and lots of sugar.

But yeah, go Argo.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 4:29:28 PM PST
Ms. Fizzy, above, is certainly a comely lass. Rather Vargas in style.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 4:48:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:38:43 AM PST
Appreciated, I have it on good authority that this was intent.

I do have an inside track.

Edit to add: The title "Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big and Buzzy"...Here is the story Brian Blush(recent replacement lead guitarist on this CD) awakened from sedation in the hospital and those where his first coherent words.

During WWII "Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big and Buzzy" was the name given the BOMBER that flew over Europe dropping NOT bombs but CANDY and GUMBALLS.

So yeah you hit the nail square and delivered it home as a knowledgeable craftsman would.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:27:29 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
How to kill a moose with just a rock: (Note: this will only work with a male moose-identifiable in the same manner you would recognize a large male bull). Approach the moose stealthily while he is feeding in a pond or pool. Approach from the rear with a suitable size throwing rock at the ready. When the moose puts his head down into the water to feed, throw the rock and hit him in the family jewels. The moose will, of course, do as any male, and inhale sharply in order to scream--and he will suck in vast quantities of water and drown. (Note: Should you mistake a female for a male, as soon as you realize your mistake, run like hell!).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:38:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:46:21 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:44:35 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Bitter: Sorry about that. I promise not to do it again. Perverse sense of humor I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:47:17 PM PST

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:50:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 5:51:31 PM PST
We are all verklempt about it.

We'll get over it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  1184
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions