JAWS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 5:33:56 PM PST
mack says:
Which one of the Jaws movies was your favorite? The first one was
my favorite one.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:12:59 PM PST
The first one is the only one that is accountable for.

My pick for Spielberg's third best. There are those however, who make a case for it being his best.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:34:28 PM PST
I actually like the second one better than the first, yes, it does lose the suspense of the first film, but the stakes are raised higher here, because more people are terrorized & the shark's demise is better, Brody really turned the tables on it, plus we get a more realistic view of politicians who are more concerned about profits than people's lives

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:03:17 AM PST
First Jaws movie is an alltime classic. The others were just a cash grab.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:19:59 AM PST
Ahmad says:
My copy of First Jaws is so dark, I mean the light and colors. I did not like it, I couldn't watch the movie. I hope there are other better versions (or perhaps that's how the director wanted the movie to look?!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:27:05 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Ahmad

Is your copy a DVD or the recent Blu-ray? If it's the Blu-ray, it's probably what Spielberg wanted. You might try turning up the brightness level of your TV while watching it if you feel it's too dark. I do that when I feel a picture is darker than I like. In fact, with BDs my brightness level gets a workout. They are frequently too dark for my taste.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:41:03 AM PST
Ahmad says:
Hi Cavardossi,
My copy is a DVD. What did you mean by BDs?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:46:56 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Ahmed

BD is the accepted shorthand for Blu-ray Disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:02:22 PM PST
mack says:
I agree.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:46:55 PM PST
BackToGood says:
The first one by a landslide! The original is contender for one of the greatest films of all time, so no contest. Still burns me that Spielberg did NOT get nominated Best Director. Seriously? It's one of the best directed films ever!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 1:36:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2013 1:38:36 AM PST
W. Grieve says:
The original movie worked because the shark didn't..
Couple yellow bouys with Williams score and Shaws Indiannapolis monologue...and you have a masterpiece via lateral thnking and misadventure..

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:01:47 AM PST
Even after seeing the original JAWS as a kid, I always liked the later series entry Jaws 3 best.

As a Midwesterner, the original was so far removed--cuz we ain't got no oceans 'round these here parts--that it didn't scare or really fascinate me. I could better grasp the concept of Jaws 3: that being, a baby great white shark confined to, and then its larger mother menacing, an aquatic park--even though it was still coastal-situated Sea World.

The script provided for some tense moments--especially, when momma Jaws threatened some trapped tourists in an underwater tunnel. The requisite open water attacks on water skiers, scuba divers, and swimmers were done well, too. And while the 3D effects dampened the overall quality of the movie, the cast wasn't shabby: Dennis Quaid, Louis Gossett, Jr., and Lea Thompson were all on the verge of becoming A-listers, at the time!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 12:39:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2013 1:39:35 PM PST
Hahaha....I loved the entire Jaws franchise!!! It was a brilliant summer movie concept!!! They're "classics" that have stood the test 0 time!!!...

Follow Jaws with a chaser 0 "Deep Blue Sea" FTW!!!

Thank you

(*ed
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions