Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 9:56:15 AM PST
bella7 says:
Not me, man! I've been down-voting per your request.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 10:17:48 AM PST
Where are all the usual suspects that can't stay on topic on a great discussion thread such as this (or are they all on my threads)? I miss their off-topic asides and attempts to derail the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 10:25:29 AM PST
Widl says:
James,

How's the weather in Memphis?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 10:28:06 AM PST
We ducked an icy winter this year. It's a bit cool, but the sun is out, the sky is blue. A very pleasant day actually. Can't wait to get off work, and do some filming when I get home.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 10:35:03 AM PST
Hey, Fenian, you know this was the last year for the International Folk Alliance being held in Memphis. Sad actually because it was really cool. The Fretless tour actually started here. You probably wouldn't have known it, but I've been attending events by the Celtic Arts Alliance for some years now. Really good stuff.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:21:17 PM PST
M. Flanders says:
Ooooh, Sawyer from Lost....

I love him. If I were a guy, I'd totally have a man-crush. As is I'm a chick but he's desirable regardless of sex/gender/species....yeah.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:23:22 PM PST
KinksRock says:
He did a guest spot on "Community", and it was clear that he totally outshone the star of the show -- who would normally be considered good-looking -- in the looks department. I turned to my wife and said, "I forgot how good-looking he was." ("Lost" had been off the air for a while.)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 1:19:09 PM PST
Savage Lucy says:
My brothers were making fun of my and my love of Tom Jane for some reason the other day. I argued "He's a hansom man!" And my brother looked thoughtful for a moment and agreed, "He IS a hansom man."

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 1:57:33 PM PST
cvairag says:
this is great - i feel like i'm really alive for the first time

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 2:14:09 PM PST
KinksRock says:
Well, that is a shame. This horrible thread has made someone feel good.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 4:41:45 PM PST
Jonathan says:
Re: George Bailey & "What the allegedly "good guys" in 'Wall Street' do is just as reprehensible as stock manipulation as anything Gordon Gekko does."

... and the funny thing is, I know you aren't being the least ironic! Truly the worst, terrible, despicable. . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 5:13:15 PM PST
"Where are all the usual suspects that can't stay on topic on a great discussion thread such as this (or are they all on my threads)? I miss their off-topic asides and attempts to derail the discussion. "

Well, I would be glad to try but I have read several of these posts and I can't figure out what this is all about. Hard to be off-topic when you can't figure out what the topic is!

WHY is it the worst thread...ever?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 6:59:15 PM PST
Jonathan says:
It's a horrible horrible joke filled with rotten statements we sometimes pretend we don't mean.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 7:57:28 PM PST
Gee...it's quiet today.....GOOD!

Shut-Up!

in a more serious side-note, this thread is having a very strange effect on me. I've taken to feeding under bridges, and have made a cave in the mountains my home. I now also have a pet bear.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 7:10:22 AM PST
Hikari says:
@M. Flanders & KinksRock, Re. sexy Sawyer ..
We all have our celebrity crushes for which we'd happily go gay. Fortunately for me, I can lust after the divine Josh Holloway without abandoning my team or my scruples. (well, my scruples, just a little bit . . .)

I rented LOST from Netflix and within minutes of Sawyer's first appearance onscreen, I said to myself, "I am SO going to have to buy this show." And I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 8:34:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2012 8:35:57 AM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
"WHY is it the worst thread...ever?"

It was born under a bad sign?

Albert King - 1981 - Born Under A Bad Sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKY8KIt9kqc

Born under a bad sign
I been down since I begin to crawl
If it wasn't for bad luck,
I wouldn't have no luck at all

Hard luck and trouble is my only friend
I been on my own ever since I was ten
Born under a bad sign
I been down since I begin to crawl
If it wasn't for bad luck,
I wouldn't have no luck at all

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 8:16:08 AM PDT
And TAS, as usual, fails to get a joke--any joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 8:19:22 AM PDT
JB: The end does not justify the means. :) That is true for either Gekko or for Sheen in that dreadful excuse for a film.

A distinction that Stone is unable to comprehend.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 6:02:44 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Hikari - What team are you on? And are you winning?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 9:35:30 AM PDT
Hikari says:
@Kinks
I thought the subtext was pretty clear from my drooling over Josh Holloway above which team I'm on. Though I can't say that I'm Winning!, most unfortunately. Long dry spell of strikeouts at the plate. Loooooong dry spell. I can't even remember the last time I made it to first base, even.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:53:38 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Hikari - I don't know if you are a woman or a gay man. Drooling over Josh Holloway does not answer the question because heterosexual men drool over him, too. He's that hot.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:26:01 AM PDT
Kinksrock: Reminds me of a game for straight men: if you had to have sex with a man, any man, (not that there's anything wrong with that), who would it be?

Oddest answer I've ever heard: William Shatner.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:29:51 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
If I was a dude, I'd say David Bowie. Because 1. You're in good company. 2. David Bowie exists in a dimension outside of time and sexual preferences.

I am a heterosexual female however. If I had to go gay for a woman probably Scarlet Johansen. Or possibly Lady Gaga (She exists in the same dimension as David Bowie. Win.)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:54:05 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
Sawyer from "Lost". No one could blame me, and no one would judge.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 2:53:26 PM PDT
jbaker: "It's a horrible horrible joke filled with rotten statements we sometimes pretend we don't mean. "

Well, that's about as cryptic a response as is possible!

Uh...what?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions