Customer Discussions > Movie forum

It's a Halloween Party! Who will you come dressed up as?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2012 5:18:52 PM PDT
BOO! It's a big Monster Mash Bash and you're all invited! Tell us a favorite character from either the Movies, Television, Books, or wherever, who you will dress up as for the party.

Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKSjp0xvI7c

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:35:48 AM PDT
bella7 says:
Hi Rock,

I STILL haven't decided. Hmmmmmm.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:42:36 AM PDT
Hikari says:
Lisbeth Salander.

Gotta get busy piercing . . .

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 6:49:03 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I did an awesome Beetlejuice a few years ago with my friend as Lydia. It was awesome. I got a black suit from a thrift store, then used white duct tape to make it striped. Got a Beetlejuice bald cap with funky hair and painted my face all up. It ended up looking great!!

been Michael Meyers, been Death....been 80's headbanger...

Honestly since my nephew loves Iron Man I've been wanting to get an Iron Man suit. and not a cheap one either...a movie quality Iron Man suit...that would be awesome. Rocket propulsion and flying guidance systems would be a nice plus...but I'm sure outside of my budget....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 9:22:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 11:41:53 AM PDT
Hi Bella!

"I STILL haven't decided. Hmmmmmm."

Well, I've got an idea...how about a Debbie Downer costume? Yeah, because you're indeciseveness is really starting to drag the party down here! LOL.

I'm joking. Actually we're not having much of a party at all here are we?. What's happened to the Movie Forum lately? It used to be so much more lively around here. Now it's like Night of the Living Dull.

Oh well, thanks for stopping by.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 9:22:56 AM PDT
"Gotta get busy piercing . . . "

ow, Ow, OWW!

Hee hee!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 9:26:19 AM PDT
An Iron Man suit would be pretty cool. I'm sure that with the success of the Avengers movie this past Summer that we will be seeing a lot of little Iron Man's running around Trick or Treating this year.

I was watching a lot of Comic Con clips on You Tube this year and they had a few people with really nice elaborate Iron Man costumes that looked pretty damn awesome. Comic Con is like Halloween in the Summer for a lot of folks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 9:36:26 AM PDT
bella7 says:
Debbie Downer.............WAAHHH wahhhh...........

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 9:39:57 AM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
I will come as myself. My face is guaranteed to frighten the ants out of parks.

If that's too strong for everyone, I will come as The Mummy, wrapped, of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 10:18:43 AM PDT
Aiyeee! Actually, a 'Come as You Are' party sounds much more scarier than a Halloween Party. We gotta draw the line somewhere people so there will be absolutely no admittance whatsoever to anyone who is not wearing a costume! Although now that I think about it, that may be hard to determine who's actually in costume or not these days. Ah, hell, just as long as you shower than that oughta be good enough. That goes for you too, Beetlejuice!

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 11:01:03 AM PDT
SNL Halloween at Vincent Price's pad. With Bill Hader as Vincent Price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9CiUMGXsw4

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 11:14:39 AM PDT
D. Larson says:
I do know somebody who has a complete Imperial Storm Trooper suit of armor, and not a cheap one, either. White plastic of some sort, and, I'd guess, not particularly comfortable. He's also got a Battlestar Galactica full-size Cylon standing in the corner, like seven feet tall and molded of resin.

So an Iron Man suit doesn't seem so far-fetched.

I once went to a costume party dressed as Daryl Hannah in "Blade Runner" and the Polaroids of that are not pretty. So mostly we stick to the commercially available stuff like Captain Jack Sparrow a couple years ago when everybody was dressing like Captain Jack Sparrow, or the classic mermaid/hula skirt with cocoanut bra/angel wings sort of thing.

Maybe a Jane Lynch tracksuit as per "Glee" this year. The Gleesters will get the joke, and everybody else will think I'm just lazy and fashion-deaf.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 11:30:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 11:32:10 AM PDT
I went to a Halloween City shop last weekend and saw that they do have the Jane Lynch Glee tracksuit costumes out this year.

And while not an actual costume, although that would have been pretty cool, was a 10 foot tall Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. It was one of those blow up kinda deals that you set out on the front lawn. It looked great. I plan on going back this weekend to get a picture of it, I'll try to post it if I can.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 1:32:57 PM PDT
Hikari says:
@RnR
One of the gifted Bill Hader's very best.

I just had a brain flash. I could buy me a tat-sleeve shirt and come to the Halloween bash as "Stefon", the gay club boi from NYC. Then I wouldn't have to get any more piercings . . .Hmm.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:02:24 PM PDT
"....been 80's headbanger..."

Dude, Rock said "costumes", not day to day wear. ;)

I'll be coming as one of the Baseball Furies from 'The Warriors'. Chicks dig those tight baseball pants, yeah?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 4:11:33 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I would go as either Mikael Blomkvist or Nick Angel from Hot Fuzz. If both were taken my last and final choice would be The Doctor.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:20:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 4:45:56 PM PDT
"Stefon"

Hahah, Stefon would be fun and easy to dress up as.

For other SNL characters that would make for great Halloween costumes, how about Mike Myers' 'Sprockets' show host, Dieter? All you need is some black pants, black shoes, black long-sleeved shirt, and hair grease. Oh, and some wire frame glasses. "Would you like to touch my monkey?"

Another favorite SNL character of mine that would be a hoot to dress up as is Martin Short's Ed Grimley. "This is like a joke, I must say." "I'm going completely mental, I must say!"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:25:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 5:03:27 PM PDT
"Chicks dig those tight baseball pants, yeah?"

I think Stefon would like them even more. Dieter might too? Is Dieter gay, does anybody know? He's gotta be at least bisexual?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:29:36 PM PDT
Hey, I'll get it any way I can.

"You have a GREAT butt!"
"Gee, thanks fella...you too."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 4:48:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 4:49:45 PM PDT
Ed Grimley: "You have a great ass, I must say!"
Dieter: "You may not only just touch my monkey, but you can spank it as well."

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 5:11:55 PM PDT
I just thought of another great SNL character that would be fun to dress up as...Pat from "It's Pat!" played by Julia Sweeney.

A lot of people say, "What's that?" It's Pat!
A lot of people ask, "Who's he? Or she?"
A ma'am or a sir, accept him or her
or whatever it might be.
It's time for androgyny.
Here comes Pat!

It's Pat

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 9:07:10 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Oh, Rock . . .the glory days of SNL!

"Pat"! Ha!

Dieter is an interesting idea. I don't have a monkey, but I could do a fair German accent. Of course, what costume party would be complete without "Garth" from Wayne's World? Or Hans? I know--'The A_@l Retentive Chef" would be an easy costume! Hat, apron, paper bag full of organized garbage . . .it's a plethora of possibilities! The '80s-early '90s (pre-Sandler) were my SNL era with the holy trinity of Carvey-Nealon-Hartman (RIP, Phil--still the best Bill Clinton evah.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 6:27:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2012 6:28:39 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
"This is the time on Shprocets when we dance!!"

man...when Mike would dance at that part, jutting his arms up and down with that face - oh my God that would just kill me...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 6:31:45 AM PDT
"Hartman (RIP, Phil--still the best Bill Clinton evah.)"

Yes indeed. But, before this thread turns into a complete SNL Party, I just want to add one last thing, Phil Hartman as Frankenstein...Best. Frankenstein. Ever.

"Fire Baaaaad!"

Weekend Update Segment - Frankenstein
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-segment-frankenstein/1352850

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 6:33:41 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
That one was a bit of a cheat that year hahaha, but since I had to cut my hair (16-18inches) after graduating college, I've been jilted about it. So I tend to jump at the chance to get out the leather jacket, the bullet belt, and well - long haired wig (sighs)...along with what I do usually wear on the weeknights and weekends hahahaha, so yes - probably not as much of a costume as it should be.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 107 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  2651
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions