Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The top ten anything thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2015 12:44:21 PM PDT
SuziBeth says:
Ten Famous People Who (Audibly) Farted Live On Air:

1. Hilary Clinton
2. Nancy Grace
3. Tiger Woods
4. Whoopi Goldberg
5. Larry King
6. Eva Mendez
7. Leslie Nielson
8. Regis Philbin
9. Julianne Hough
10. Al Roker (this one might not count as it turns out he actually pooed himself)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2015 4:07:31 AM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
I use to own a Rolls-Canardly. It would roll down one hill but could hardly roll up the other. (snicker)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:36:39 AM PDT
Larry, don't forget when it rains, put the umbrella up!!

http://www.helenatrailriders.org/historydaypics/clowncar.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2015 1:34:37 AM PDT
Lol...

If I win mega millions on the Lottery, I'll buy you one of these:

http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/phantom-family/phantom-drophead-coupe/

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:52:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author 6 hours ago
My Top Ten People with Missing Body Parts:

1. Harold Russell - Lost his hands in World War II, received two Oscars for appearing in "The Best Years of Our Lives."
1. Jerry Garcia - Fewer fingers, more music.
2. Peg Leg Bates - Appeared on many telethons dancing on his peg leg and playing his accordion.
3. Pete Gray - Pitched and batted in the major leagues in 1945 with only one arm.
4. Harold Lloyd - Scaled tall buildings in a single climb while missing three fingers from his left hand.
5. Jim Abbott - Major league pitcher who pitched a no-hitter with only one hand.
6. Herbert Marshall - Actor who lost his leg in World War I.
7. Sarah Bernhardt - Hurt while performing, she lost her gangrenous leg and spent the rest of her career sitting down.
9. Larry Holyfield - Spent the rest of his career fighting with fewer than two complete ears.
10. Jessica Cox - "Recognized around the world as an inspirational keynote speaker. Born without arms, Jessica flies planes, drives cars, and otherwise lives a normal life using her feet as others use their hands. Today Jessica holds the titles of the first person without arms in the American Tae Kwon-Do Association to get a black belt, and the first woman pilot in aviation history to fly using her feet."

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 11:57:52 PM PDT
Jonathan says:
Top Songs with ''Mama'' in the Title:

1. Mama, You Been on My Mind, by Bob Dylan or Jeff Buckley (tie)
2. Long Tall Mama, by Big Bill Broonzy
3. Mama Told Me Not to Come, by Randy Newman or Three Dog Night (tie)
4. Look Out Mama, by Hurray for the Riff Raff
5. That's Alright Mama, by Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup or Elvis Presley
6. Crazy Mama, by J.J. Cale
7. Rag Mama Rag - The Band
8. Save It, Pretty Mama, by Louis Armstrong
9. Pistol Packin' Mama, by Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters
10. Mama, by Electric Light Orchestra |or| Mama Roux, by Dr. John (tie)

Posted on Aug 31, 2015 1:22:31 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
Top Ten Non-English Ways to Spell Ten

10. Daśa (Balinese & Sanskrit)
9. Chai (Burmese)
8. Sepuluh/sapuluh (Indonesian/Malay/Sundanese/& others)
7. Maxal (Seediq & Truku)
6. Sampû (Tagalog)
5. Múte (Late Egyptian)
4. Menget-kina (Alyutor & Koryak of Siberia)
3. ʿSgohi (Cherokee)
2. Ašarä / ʻéser (Arabic/Hebrew)
1. Dek (Breton, Esperanto & Welsh)

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 1:33:19 PM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
Between now and the end of the year, here are my top ten most anticipated films remaining for 2015:

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: No duh! What else were you expecting? Jem and the Holograms?
2. The Hateful Eight: Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. 'Nuff said.
3. Crimson Peak: Big fan of del Toro's work, and the production values look rich, vivid, and handsome as ever before; very atmospheric.
4. Black Mass: Hopefully, this will be the big ensemble film of the year, and I love a good gangster ensemble (see Goodfellas as example).
5. Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse: Because the ridiculousness of the five micro trailers makes this movie look hilarious.
6. Legend: Forget about Mad Max; Tom Hardy's portrayal as the Kray's is where it's really at.
7. Burnt: Bradley Cooper is currently on a red-hot streak since 2011's Limitless, and I have a soft spot for the culinary culture.
8. Pawn Sacrifice: Not a big fan of Tobey Maguire, but it could turn out to be a very intellectually engaging film.
9. Sicario: Subject matter is a little bothersome, but I wouldn't mind a good pot-boiler action-thriller if it's not too preachy.
10.Victor Frankenstein: Which, in many ways, reminds me of films like Van Helsing and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Films that were shortlisted (for one reason or another):

Bridge of Spies: Almost made my top ten list, but enough viewings of the trailer leaves me wondering if Spielberg is going to be preachy again.

Carol: Because it seems to me like Hollywood believes that lesbian adultery is in any way justifiable just because it's politically correct.

The Good Dinosaur: A troubled production period, a nauseatingly sentimental trailer, and the fact that Pixar has never gotten drama right.

The Intern: Maybe Robert DeNiro is trying to prove that he can do comedy. But I'm just not a big Anne Hathaway fan.

Joy: My biggest problem is Jennifer Lawrence, who I am absolutely no fan of; even if it is good, I'll probably struggle to fully buy into it.

The Peanuts Movie: Cautiously optimistic. Blue Sky Studios doesn't exactly have a good track record, and I for one struggle to see a scenario that Charlie Brown could possibly function outside of a half-hour block without growing a little stale.

The Revenant: I've only see one Innaritu movie thus far that I have liked thus far--Birdman. Who knows if it'll be any good.

Spectre: Looks like Christoph Waltz will be too busy playing what he's always been to reteam with Tarantino--a Bond villain (as it looks to progressively reintroduce 007 to the classic mode). I'm just not a big fan of Daniel Craig's Bond (though I have yet to see Quantum of Solace--I've heard it was really bad, however).

And that's about it.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:23:07 AM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
Ah, hadn't thought of that Jeff.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2015 3:08:54 AM PDT
That's because they only made it to #99 on the Hot 100 Chart.

Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean was a big hit in 1953 when first released. #23 on hit charts and #1 on R&B charts and jukebox charts.

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 1:33:52 AM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
Jeff: I think the one that surprised me the most is Ruth Brown's "Mama He treats your daughter mean" didn't make it higher. Different parts of the country played some records way more often (on the radio) than other parts of the country. I remember the Jackie DeShannon, when you walk in the room, but it wasn't much played around here. The others I got no idea, never heard of them.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:56:39 PM PDT
Top Ten Records Which Only Made It to #99 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart Between 1955 and 1986.

1. Teenage Heaven - Eddie Cochran (1959)
2. You Can't Get to Heaven on Roller Skates - Betty Johnson (1959)
3. The Old Payola Roll Blues - Stan Freberg (1960)
4. The John Birch Society - Chad Mitchell Trio (1962)
5. Mama (He Treats Your Daughter Mean) - Ruth Brown (1962)
6. Where Do You Come From - Elvis Presley (1962)
7. When You Walk in the Room - Jackie DeShannon (1964)
8. Sally Was a Good Old Girl - Trini Lopez (1968)
9. Alone Again Or - Love (1970)
10. Southbound Train - Graham Nash & David Crosby (1972)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 4:12:22 PM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
Maybe not a top ten list per se, but a list of reboots or revivals that are actually pretty good:

Batman Begins
Goldeneye
The Punisher (2004)
Mask of Zorro
Godzilla (2014)
Star Trek (2009)

And...that's about it.

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:17:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2015 6:56:08 AM PDT
Top 10 favorite witches birth totems and spirit guide familiars:

Bat
Bear
Blackbird
Raven
Black Cat
Crow
Border Collie
Bee
Lion
Dragonfly

OK...1 more 4 good luck*: Spider

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 2:14:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 24, 2015 2:16:47 AM PDT
Top ten Most Hated Sports Teams!

10. Golden State Warriors
9. Portland Trailblazers
8. Dallas Mavericks
7. Oregon Ducks
6. Sacramento Kings
5. Seattle Seahawks
4. Boston Celtics
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Florida Gators Football
1. Arizona Wildcats

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 2:23:14 PM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
Top Ten Worst Cars I Have Owned
1. 1967 Plymouth Valiant (piece of crap, it broke down one time too many and I sold it for 35.00)
2. 1978 Toyota Pickup--Bought it from a preacher. Maybe I gave up on it too soon, but it broke me buying it--paid a thousand, sold it for 750.00 two weeks later,
3. 1958 Studebaker Goldenhawk--terrible steering. Back end slide around every time you took a corner faster than 20 miles and hour. in the rain you had to slow to almost stopped to get around a corner.
4. 1956 Pontiac Starchief: Another piece of crap, my first car, selected by my dad. Never ran an entire week without needing some repair.
5. 1978 Toyota Stationwagon--hood flew up, smash front windshield as I was coming down an onramp at 55 miles per hour. Almost wet my pants. Couldn't see anything. Later waterpump went out, tried to fix myself and bolt broke off in engine--did not have the right tool to get it out, blah blah blah.
6. 1966 VW--never ran right, mechanics could not figure out what was wrong with it. I had it painted shortly after I bought it and the next day someone keyed the whole drivers side.

7. 1969 VW--My son installed a shift kit and it never would shift right for me. Always something wrong with it.
8. 1987 Ford Pickup: Everything wrong. Near Bankrupted me. Couldn't afford a different vehicle so kept trying to fix this piece of junk.
9. 1989 Mercury ?? Looked like the Ford T-bird of that year. Trannie went out the second week I owned it. Then started leaking oil bad.
10. 1995 Lincoln Town Car: Transmission went out a month after I bought it. Steering was dangerously bad. Power system for passenger door went out, parts were 250.00--a friend fixed it with a bobby pin! Had it 4 months, cost me over 1000.00 in repairs.

Posted on Aug 22, 2015 9:31:46 AM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
Box office predictions this weekend:

1. Straight Outta Compton
2. Sinister
3. Hitman: Agent 47
4. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
5. American Ultra
6. Man from U.N.C.L.E.
7. Fant4stic
8. The Gift
9. Ant-Man
10.Minions

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 7:59:05 AM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
Top 10 Box office predictions for the week:

1. Straight Outta Compton--mainly because at least one of the screenings at my local theatre is sold out
2. Man from U.N.C.L.E.
3. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
4. The Gift
5. Fant4stic
6. Vacation
7. Ant-Man
8. Ricki and the Flash
9. Minions
10.Trainwreck

Posted on Aug 7, 2015 12:36:57 PM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
I'm just going to rank the NFL teams heading into the regular season.

Top 8 likeliest teams to win the Super Bowl:

1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. New England Patriots
6. Pittsburgh Steelers
7. Denver Broncos
8. Dallas Cowboys

Top 8 Darkhorse Superbowl Contenders (at best, a playoff team):

9. Miami Dolphins
10.Arizona Cardinals
11.Cincinnati Bengels
12.Kansas City Chiefs
13.Philadelphia Eagles
14.Detroit Lions
15.Minnesota Vikings
16.Buffalo Bills

Top 8 teams that might make the playoffs (probably won't make the Super Bowl):

17.San Diego Chargers
18.Carolina Panthers (might win the division)
19.New Orleans Saints (might win the division)
20.New York Giants
21.Cleveland Browns
22.Houston Texans
23.St. Louis Rams
24.Atlanta Falcons (might win the division)

And finally, the 8 teams that stand no chance whatsoever at making the postseason:

25.Tampa Bay Buccaneers (only rated this high because they could hypothetically win the division; still won't reach the Super Bowl, though)
26.Oakland Raiders
27.New York Jets
28.Washington Redskins
29.Jacksonville Jaguars
30.Chicago Bears
31.San Francisco 49ers
32.Tennessee Titans

Posted on Aug 4, 2015 10:35:53 AM PDT
Top ten Homer Simpson Quotes:

1. "Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?" - Treehouse of Horror III
2. "Homer, there's a family of possums in here!" "I call the big one Bitey." - Marge Vs. the Monorail
3. "Hey kids, how was school?" "I got expelled." "That's my boy! Mmm... beer..." - Whacking Day
4. "Sorry Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for these back door shenanigans. Sure I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no!" - Last Exit to Springfield
5. "Oh my God! Someone's trying to kill me! (with a sense of relief) Oh wait, it's for Bart." - Cape Feare
6. "'You will find happiness with a new love.' Oh, even the Chinese are against me! What's the point, I can't fight fate." - The Last Temptation of Homer
7. "To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - Homer vs. the 18th Amendment
8. "Homer, has the weight loss tape reduced your appetite?" "Lamentably, no. My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety." - Bart's Friend Falls in Love
9. "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel." - Boy Scoutz 'n the Hood
10. "If you don't start making more sense, we're going to have to put you in a home." "You already put me in a home!" "Then we'll put you in the crooked home we saw on 60 Minutes!" "I'll be good." - Itchy & Scratchy: the Movie

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:16:57 PM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
"I don't even know who I am!" Bo Derek from the Tarzan movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2015 8:34:48 AM PDT
Mike: I swear, Michael Stephenson's performance in Troll 2 may be my single favorite performance in bad movie cinema, even more than Tommy Wiseau.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2015 8:24:53 AM PDT
Mike Gordan says:
"You see this writing? You know what it means? Hospitality! And you can't p!2$ on hospitality! I WON'T ALLOW IT!"

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 7:39:35 AM PDT
At least one other bad line, or rather three, from Flash Gordon:

"I will never tell you! Never!"
"Bring me the bore-worms."
"NO! NOT THE BORE-WORMS!

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 6:08:01 AM PDT
Top Ten Favorite Lines of Dialogue From Bad Movies:

1. "Nilbog! It's 'goblin' spelled backwards! This is their kingdom!" - Troll 2
2. "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!" - The Room
3. "What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!" - Batman & Robin
4. "There are some stains you can never wash out." "Let's try. I want to scrub your bubbles, Dex." - Foodfight!
5. "You have the manners of a goat! And you smell like a dung heap!" - Highlander
6. "Anyway, how's your sex life?" - The Room
7. "Your emotions make you weak! That's why this day is mine! I'll kill you next time!" - Batman & Robin
8. "Tra-la-la-la-la, oh where is Santa Claus?
Tra-la-la-la-la, Santa isn't here
Tra-la-la-la-la, we'll just have to work some more
Tra-la-la-la-la, Santa's never been late before" - Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny
9. "It's not over! Everybody betrayed me, I fed up with this world!" - The Room (intentional bad grammar, because that's how Wiseau actually says it)
10. "You are not sending me to the cooler!" - Batman & Robin
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 253 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  125
Total posts:  6321
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  10 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions