Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Movies You Think Should have Sequels

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2013 1:29:09 PM PST
J. Case says:
It could be because of loose ends, some information in the movie that left it open for a sequel, or something else.

Cry Wolf (2005) If you see the end of the movie it leaves it open for a sequel with Dodger, and Owen to return.How would Owen be able to prove something about Dodger when I think she said who would believe you?

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 3:36:52 PM PST
Titanic

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 4:13:10 PM PST
glory be says:
No, no sequels. A movie should be complete and not leave loose ends. But you could take characters like Nick and Nora and create more stories which is what happened. However, each movie should be fiished and not leave you to wonder.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 7:31:02 PM PST
FlannMann says:
All the Star Wars and Star Trek movies leave loose ends and make up part of a larger story.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 8:22:46 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2013 7:15:59 AM PDT]

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 9:16:53 PM PST
D. Larson says:
"E.T.: The Revenge!"

"Terminator 5: Batteries Not Included"

"The Goonies vs. The Ghoulies"

"You've Got Spam"

"Lebowski 2: Son of the Dude"

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 9:25:13 PM PST
Balok says:
It's much too late now, but I thought that _Red Rock West_ could have used a sequel involving the further adventures of Nicolas Cage's character.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 11:36:57 PM PST
Mike Gordan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 5:55:49 AM PST
stevign says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 8:57:20 AM PST
Spaceballs II: The Search For More Money

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:09:37 PM PST
Captain says:
The Hobbit

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 5:11:55 PM PST
Buckaroo Banzai!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 5:14:11 PM PST
Actually I don't want a sequel to Inception. The story is over. A sequel would only disappoint and tarnish a very good film.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:49:31 PM PST
D. Larson says:
I liked the bit where the Roger Ebert puppet says, "Richard Roeper is off tonight with a case of "Who gives a &%#@"."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 9:16:02 PM PST
J. Case says:
The reason or reasons as to why please.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 9:27:32 PM PST
J. Case says:
I disagree.
Trilogies need sequels. Try to fit all information in one movie for Star Wars ending with Return of the Jedi it would be to long.
Or be boring to have no sequels, and are going to have loose ends.Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure They needed to pass their History class. Bill and Teds Bogus Journey They get killed, need to return to living so they can win Battle of the Bands save their girlfriends and the defeat the main Villain.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 3:43:48 AM PST
Mike Gordan says:
D. Larson: And here's a list of Ebert reviews to each of the ''movies'' he had to cover:

Transporter 3 (which became a real movie, btw; just didn't have Miss Daisy in it): Well, they were going to deliver a bomb one way or another. Thumbs down.
Happy Madison (Adam Sandler plays President James Madison and Rob Schneider plays two vice Presidents who both die from severe heart-attacks): I wouldn't eat this movie if it was a sandwich. Thumbs down.
Rudy 2 (this time, Rudy's a short, stout boxer and the film's about 90 minutes long): Rudy 2dy, not fresh, not fruity. Thumbs down.
The Nightmare Before Hanukkah (ooh, wow! This sucks!): I couldn't agree more. Thumbs down.
Speed 3: Stop the short bus; I want to get off. Thumbs down.
Schindlers's List 2: Schindler's Pi2$ed: Liam Neeson reprises his Oscar nominated role in Schindler's List 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 8:13:21 PM PST
J. Case says:
Is this serious?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 10:40:50 AM PST
J. Case says:
Inception is a movie with a ambigous ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 11:41:02 AM PST
Lauren says:
@J. Case Exactly. Inception is intended to end ambiguously - it's up to the viewer to consider what they think happens afterward - and to add a sequel would lessen the impact of the original.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 11:48:18 AM PST
Lauren says:
@J. Case Trilogies are obviously planned to have sequels, so if that's what you mean by "need" I have to agree. But I think any movie should stand or fall on its own merit, and in my opinion if you need a sequel to really understand what's happening the movie fails.

Loose ends are fine with me in some cases if the main plot is pretty well wrapped up. I'm perfectly happy to use my imagination to think about what happens next and don't need a director to do this for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2013 6:45:04 AM PST
D. Larson says:
A sequel to "Inception"?

Wouldn't that ruin the entire point of the movie, that we never know if any of this is "really" happening, or if it's all in Leo's head?

It's all in the levels! Dream within dream within dream, and all that.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 1:13:57 PM PST
J. Case says:
Prometheus If you see the movie it's obvious that it leaves it open for a sequel.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 5:03:48 PM PST
Spaceballs

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 9:26:39 PM PST
D. Larson says:
I'm not sure Spaceballs should have been made once, let alone twice.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions