Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Donut Talk --The Off Topic Thread...about Donuts.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 928 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 9:58:55 AM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Since the Movie Forum has it's very own Coffee Talk thread I thought that it would be nice to also have a donut thread to go right along with it. I mean, what else goes better with a damn fine cup of coffee than a donut? Mmmmm, Donuts. DISCUSS!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 10:50:17 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I'm no longer able to eat donuts and life is definitely not the same. Other than that useless contribution, I have nothing to contribute to the topic, though I wish I did.

P.S. I used to love donuts, too much, actually.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 10:57:13 AM PST
Cavardossi,
I like donuts as well. My favourites are apple donuts and jam donuts.

http://www.greggs.co.uk/menu/sweet/jam-doughnut

Greggs make delicious sausage rolls and apple danish pastries as well :)))

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:26:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:29:57 AM PST
I've always been more of a donut hole kinda gal...winks*...Especially @ Hallowe`en...Dunkin Donuts has these little {{{scary}}} haunted house boxes of donut holes...they're called Munchkins*...I love them~~~

http://portlandpirates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tumblr_m9qvt6N6wW1qh7dtpo1_1280.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:41:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 11:46:52 AM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Every holiday should have it's very own special donut. Even holidays like Groundhog Day, or President's Day. They could have the Groundhog Day Donut be chocolate frosting on a chocolate donut, and put some little edible googly eyes on it plus some chocolate sprinkles. And the President's Day Donut can have red, white and blue frosting. Next month is March and that means St. Patrick's Day and we gotta have some donuts with green frosting on that day don't ya' know?

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 11:42:18 AM PST
Ah, donuts. Another Twin Peaks staple. Krispy Kremes, for commerical donuts, are damn fine. I am particularly partial to the blueberry cake donuts. But for real donut perfection, hie thee to Telluride, CO, and Baked in Telluride. That bakery fuels the film festival year after year, and has the best donuts, bar none, that I have ever had.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:50:01 AM PST
That 's funny you should mention March cuz my birthday is tomorrow!!! YAY!!!...Anyway...Speaking OF: How about a March madness donut??? HA!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:52:56 AM PST
Bittersweetie,
March 1st is St. David's Day :))

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 11:54:00 AM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Well, allow me to wish you a Happy Birthday, Bitters! Do you have any special plans? You and your favorite guy maybe going out to have a cup of damn fine coffee and a birthday donut together perhaps?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:01:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:02:45 PM PST
No Kacee...I didn't know that!!! But did you know that Witches celebrate the Goddess Juno tomorrow???...(a time to honor the strong women in your life...with a cup of strong...COFFEE) winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:02:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:04:07 PM PST
HA! Absolutely RockZY!!! That's exactly what we'll do...Donuts & Brew!!! winks*

And thanks for the early Birthday Wishes*!!!...I usually don't make a fuss about it but i'm feeling a little "raw" and "fragile" today!!! pout*

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:10:39 PM PST
vivazappa says:
What ever happened to Winchell's donuts?

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:11:25 PM PST
Boy, considering how much I dislike basketball, I could suggest a pretty revolting March Madness donut. But I will not.

Let me, however, share a donut anecdote. In Cambridge (UK), there is a bakery called Fitzbillie's (because it is right across from the Fitzwilliam Museum), a venerable institution in that venerable university city. (It nearly went under during the recession, but fortunately was rescued.) It is THE place for getting something suitable for afternoon tea. In my day, the counter staff resembled reduced duchesses, and every baked good had a very specific name--chocolate sponge, for instance, or Norwegian crisp for what the uninformed might call an elephant ear. The story was told of an unwary student from the US going there for the first time, getting up the counter, and, gesturing at some items, said to the reduced duchess, "I'd like half a dozen of those doughnuts, please."

"Those are not doughnuts." replied the reduced duchess, in tones more of sorrow than anger.

"I'd like half of dozen of those, please?"

"Those are not doughnuts."

"Half a dozen..."

"Those are NOT doughnuts."

"Half a doz..."

"Those are not--doughnuts."

At this point, the hapless American, realizing that he was dealing with some sort of imponderable in British culture, decided to abandon his original request, and, pointing at another item, said "I'd like half a dozen of those, please."

The reduced duchess complied, saying, with satisfaction, "THOSE are doughnuts."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:12:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:14:43 PM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Well, I hope that things get better for you as the day rolls along. If not, go out and buy yourself an early birthday treat tonight somewhere. Make it something really special. That will help cheer you up.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:21:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:22:35 PM PST
pout* pout* pout* tears* tears* tears* snivels* snivels* blows nose* blows nose*...wipes nose* on rockZy shirt sleeve~

Thanks ROCKZY...I feel better now!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:31:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:32:31 PM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
..."wipes nose* on rockZy shirt sleeve~"

Eeewww, gross! Well, there there, now, everything will be just fine. *pats Bitters back* Let's turn that frown upside down now, whaddaya say, Birthday Girl, how 'bout it?!

"Thanks ROCKZY...I feel better now!!!"

There ya go, now, that's what I like to hear!

Now, excuse me for a minute while I go change this shirt real quick.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:36:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 12:37:01 PM PST
ROFLMAO....Thanks for the laughs RockZy...Ooh I like your new shirt!!!...Hopsack??? Cool for the climate!!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:43:03 PM PST
Big birthday, BS?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 12:46:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 1:17:36 PM PST
HA! Well not explosively `BIG` if that's what you mean...Although All my Birthday's are pretty `BIG`...by nature!!!...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 1:19:43 PM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
"...Ooh I like your new shirt!!!...Hopsack??? Cool for the climate!!!"

Hahah...it's my best stain resistant shirt. But just in case, I also brought along a box of kleenex. Now let's make those next tears of yours tears of joy.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Bittersweet, Happy Birthday to yooouuuuu!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 1:23:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 1:23:36 PM PST
<Blows nose* with Kleenex> Thanks RockZY!!! BUT the fireworks don't start until tomorrow night* U NO!!! winks*

---------||--------✰-------------------. ---------||---------------------✰----. -----
------------------------- ---------||-----------------------------. ---------||
------------------------- -----\\* * * .//------------------------- -----\\* * * .//
------------------------- ----.* * * * *.----------------✰-------. ----.* * * * *.
---✰-------------------- -- =-** pop! **-=-------------------- -- =-** pop! **-=
-------------------✰---- ---. *.* * *.* .---------✰-------------- ---. *.* * *.* .
--------------✰--------- ----//.* * *.\\--------------------✰--- ----//.* * *.\\
--------------------✰--- ---------||----- ---------||-----------. ---------||-----

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 1:52:16 PM PST
I like donuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 2:13:59 PM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
"I like donuts."

<The Donut Support group stands up in acknowledgement>

"Welcome, Charlie. You are amongst friends here. Now sit back, relax, and have a donut. Let the munching games begin!"

<Group tears through 4 dozen donuts in minutes.>

Burp. Great, now what are we supposed to do for the rest of the hour? You geniuses ate up all the donuts already!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 2:25:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 2:26:08 PM PST
What is that white powder all over his lips RockZy??? Just l@@king at IT makes me want to lick it off!!! winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 2:31:48 PM PST
R0cK-N-RoLLA says:
Oh, REALLY NOW? Hmmm, that is interesting.

Psst, somebody get me a powdered donut. Quick!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the Active discussions in related forums feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  928
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions