Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Star Wars Episodes 7-9 What things would you like to see implemented into the new movies?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2013 8:02:17 PM PST
greenarrow says:
Star Wars Episodes 7-9 What things would you like to see implemented into the new movies?

(Characters, places, planets, starships, story plots, timeline, sound effects)
What would be cool to see?
Should the main hero be female? Should any of the old characters reappear in the new movies? Who should the villain be?

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 8:29:32 PM PST
RichieV says:
Mara Jade and Thrawn

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:44:44 PM PST
Balok says:
I would like to see implemented a promise that I will never have to hear or see anything about them.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 12:15:33 AM PST
As much as I love the Expanded Universe, we all know what happens. We even know Lucas's ideas for Episodes 7-9. What would really be cool was something completely different, that while may not tie in with the Expanded Universe, ties in with the movies. Have Boba Fett and a Sith as the main villains. Boba Fett has been peppered throughout the series, and survives in the EU, so it would make sense to have possibly the most popular villain. A Sith or maybe a Dark Jedi is also essential if only for a lightsaber duel. Mara Jade, a reborn Palpatine, Ventriss, or someone new would be cool. Finally, perhaps a journey to learn more about Padme Amidala by Leia (assisted by the Force ghost of her father Anakin) would be cool. It would compliment Luke and Obi Wan's journey.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 7:46:07 AM PST
Before anything, let's just hope that Disney can get ahold of the original theatrical versions of the first three films and release what the fans have waited so long for.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:24:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013 5:24:31 AM PST
W.T. says:
I think this would be the perfect time to officially transition Boba Fett on-screen to "anti-hero" status, which is what he is in the books and comics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:25:17 AM PST
W.T. says:
With Disney, you probably won't even be able to get the revised versions except once every decade when they come out of the "vault".

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 1:09:35 PM PST
U-tech says:
I am a huge Star Wars fan. I was 4 years old when A New Hope came out and it changed my life. I had all the Kenner action figues ( still do ), action sets, lunchbox, etc. I just recently got my 4 year old and 1 year old sons to watch Return of the Jedi and they are both hooked. With that being said, I don't want to see Jar-jar or ewoks ever again. I think Disney will do a good job and I will bring my kids to opeining day in 2015 !

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 1:16:38 PM PST
Good point.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:47:38 AM PST
Should any of the old characters reappear in the new movies?
NO

Then again I am not against what Lucas had planned for 7-9. What was that anyway... H&L having twins?

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 11:32:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2013 11:33:18 AM PST
W.T. says:
I really like the idea of it being set a generation removed, with Luke in a classic "Obi Wan" type role, either as an old man or as a spectral adviser.

There's a precedent for each trilogy to skip a generation into the future. They should continue that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 4:37:53 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Luke being the wise old jedi who has a small but strong role in the movie would be perfect.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:59:56 PM PST
dan says:
luke needs to reopen the jedi academy

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 2:59:27 AM PST
Natalie says:
Part of me wants to be snarky and say 'I wish they'd implement moving on from the SW universe,' but I know so many people that adore SW (well, the originals anyway - who the heck thought JarJar was a good idea? Worst character ever...), that I just hope they do it justice.

I don't know much about the universe, other than I MUCH prefer the originals to the newer films - not just for storyline, but characters and character development. As for implementing ideas from the books and whatnot? I don't care. Just no more JarJar or Padme/Queen Amidala and her idiotic costumes & makeup.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 4:28:01 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
Luke as old grizzled Jedi master, who has been fighting hard with the rebels against the remnants of the Empire, and has been helping the rebels rebuild the Republic. Luke has trained new Jedi which includes, but is not limited to, any offspring of Han & Leia.

Rumors of a NEW Sith threat is whispered across the galaxy. Maybe Palpatine's secret apprentice he was training to replace Vader, much the way he had Anikin lined up to replace Duku.

BETTER, LESS MORONIC, COMIC RELIEF THAN JAR-JAR! Actually the comic relief that was already there (3PO & R2) will work just fine and also would have been adequate in the prequels.

That's my 2 cents.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 7:17:00 AM PST
D. Larson says:
Preaching to the choir with that! Could we get rid of the ludicrous costumes, the hideous makeup, the gawdawful hairstyles? They look ridiculous, and who can "act" under all that glop. Padme Amidala might have turned in a tolerable performance if she hadn't had to wear those silly getups.

Of course, that doesn't explain Hayden Christensen, who was wooden and stilted wearing off-the-shelf stuff.

As the the Binks's and all their kin....could we blow up just one more planet?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:14:21 AM PST
You were there, Natalie, you had a chance to talk George out of Jar Jar, so don't blame anyone else. By the way, you were good in Black Swan.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:16:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 12:17:12 PM PST
vivazappa says:
Episode 7: Gun control has taken over everywhere!
Death Stars and Laser Swords are outlawed.
Mud wrestling becomes the only way to settle a score.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 10:12:29 PM PST
Just announced.....J.J. Abrams("Lost", "Star Trek" reboot, "MI 3") will direct the next SW film, it has been confirmed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 4:26:05 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
Star Wars Episode VII: Revenge of the Lens Flare

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2013 1:45:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 2, 2013 1:47:11 AM PST
M. Gaudet says:
Less CGI, more acting. Mark Hamill.

No George Lucas.

No Hayden, no Jar Jar.

No Prequel inserts of Sam Jackson, Or of Ewan Mcgregor.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:32:01 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I still have my THX box set, with the episodes 4-6 in their original form with the only the sound tweaked. A dvd release of them would indeed be nice.

The whole "Han shot first" thing, there's no laser blast in the version I have...just a puff of smoke...

But I do like the recent rumor/news of story lines that deal with Boba Fett and Han Solo origins/back stories. I've never read any of the books, so I don't know of other character stories that are out there already.

I'd like a bit more adult themed/darker/scarier/more ominous overtones in the new films. Sure, kids should be able to watch them, but don't go so heavy on the kid thing (Phantom Menace).

I'd like to see the time that the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. A good, quality script dealing with some Imperial entanglements involving younger Han, and Boba Fett in pursuit. Of course different than we've seen before. Different Sith Lord, Different Jedi, good, exciting plot, today's cgi. I mean, it's a good formula. I'd love to see some more out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:51:03 AM PST
Who cares about Han Solo, anymore, now that they've castrated him into a Disney Dudley Do-Right?

I want to see ewoks pummel Lucas' junk for 20 minutes, then have Jar-Jar cut him open and sleep in him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:07:11 AM PST
http://tiny.cc/ulscsw

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 11:32:55 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
I would be interested in his origins. So, I do.

To your suggestion, yes...gold. Although I'd just have Lucas do a Hitchcock walk-through cameo, only to be cut down by an errant Light sabre thrust...or something like that....then have the Sand People drag him out of sight...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions