I watched 'Ed Wood' again last night, to be sure: yep, it's Burton's masterpiece.
I'd give it a 9/10.
Same rating for 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure', incidentally, as it was my personal favorite for a longer time, and I have a hard time judging it objectively.
No review now, but let's bask in several of Criswell's greatest predictions, as I open the purple velvet boards (literally) of the Crisy's "Your Next Ten Years" volume. . .
* Q: "What is the new Teen-Age threat, Criswell?"
A: "I predict it will be "Spite disease," where anyone can be infected with the mere prick of a pin to implant syphilis, small pox, scarlet fever, gonorrehea, measles, or malaria! This toxin is placed on the head of a pin, imbedded in a ring, and there mere brush or scratch of the skin can infect! High school students have been known to infect teachers and parents with this new "spite disease" just for personal revenge!" [I dunno about "spite disease"...how about "pin-prickers youth brigade"...sounds more punk.]
* "I Predict the return to all-male casts to the screen, as in the old days of the westerns, for men resent seeing a brave stalwart hero submit to a woman and her domination at the end of the film! Men can always live the life of a hero but cannot accept female domination!" [...other than 'Master and Commander', I can't think of any all-male cast movies since this prediction.]
* "I predict the the best seller the 1970's will be 'The Cannibal Cookbook'! With the rise of African culture, habits and living pattens, the consumption of human meat will be common place thing ▬ by other humans!" [....as opposed to aliens, I presume.]
* "I predict that one of the top secrets of our Pentagon, whispered around Washington, D. C., will be a potent gas, which can be sprayed over a city, causing all of the inhabitants to have their eyes turn to jelly! The major breakthrough in destructive gas will be known within the next five years! All mankind is basically depraved!" [I believe that last part has come true.]
* I predict the completion of a new death ray which will kill unborn children by rendering every man and woman sterile." [...out with the old death rays, in with the new!]
Recent discussions in the Movie forum
|Exciting/unusual FIlm clips.||62||2 minutes ago|
|Movie Game! Ten Movies Where . . . (June 2016)||884||12 minutes ago|
|Who Shouldve Won The Oscar-2000-2015||5||34 minutes ago|
|Who Shouldve Won The Oscar-1970s||43||48 minutes ago|
|One Degree of Separation - Season Five||3876||59 minutes ago|
|The top ten anything thread||7031||1 hour ago|
|Even More Reviews on the Last Movie You Watched||4861||1 hour ago|
|★ Return of the World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever! ★||573||2 hours ago|
|"Star Trek: Beyond"||179||2 hours ago|
|Alibi Lounge II: Cast Iron||3019||19 hours ago|
|Celebrities that look alike||504||22 hours ago|
|Anyone Else Wish That Rock~N~Rolla and William A. Smith Would Finally Just Ignore Each Other Already?||47||22 hours ago|