Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Children Who Chase Lost Voices Content

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 1:42:40 PM PST
I am looking into getting Children Who Chase Lost Voices for a friend, but I have seen noted, specifically in the Amazon Editorial Reviews section for the DVD, that there is brief nudity. I wanted to know how inappropriate the content is. (e.g. the circumstances, is it highly sexualized, is it graphic, etc.) I would really like to have more information in reference to this before I purchase anything. I have seen wonderful reviews here on amazon on the movie, but nothing in reference to the brief nudity, which could be a positive indicator, but I still wanted more information, if possible, from someone who has seen the movie.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 2:55:03 PM PST
It's a little girl in the bath, nothing sexualized about it from what I remember seeing it in the theatre, certainly not highly sexualized, I don't seem to remember it being graphic either, but I don't really know what you mean by that as while I don't think there was genital nudity I probably wouldn't remember if there was or wasn't if it wasn't sexualized anyway, I mean, they're a small child, my response would be "oh look a vulva/penis/ambiguous... well, back to the plot and characters". If anything I'd warn you that the level of violence in the movie is far from minor and there's quite a bit of gore so if you're buying it for someone who's easily upset by things in movies then you might wanna screen it first.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 3:35:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 3:44:45 PM PST
J. O. says:
It'd probably be a good idea to screen just about any anime with a TV-14 (pg-13) or higher rating before letting your kids under that age watch it.
For starters, anime is NOT cartoons. Please keep that in mind. That being said, there's lots of anime that are perfectly suitable for any and all ages. Just look at Pokemon.
If you really want to keep any questionable content from even an early teenagers eyes, you'd probably be best checking out some anime websites. Animenewsnetwork has some pretty good info... and probably a whole lot more in their discussions/forums that each listing has. And that'd be the perfect place to ask these questions. Not to demean Amazon or anything but the anime community here isn't extremely big. But, you'll usually get at least a couple of answers to almost any general question.
Just be aware that anime does have a lot of comedy... And, in some cases that may or may not involve skirts blown up by the wind and a panty shot here or there. Even some nudity, but it's mostly done in a extremely humorous way. More for comical effect than in a definitively overt sexual manner.
Just keep in mind the overall story is what really counts. If your kid's got a good head on his/her shoulders, then just about any (age appropriate rated) anime is going to be ok for them to watch.

But I digress. Sakura Rustlerose is right, it'd probably be wise to screen anything before letting them watch it. Or at the least, sit down and enjoy it with them.
Just keep an open mind.

Hope that helps.

Edit: For the record, Don't confuse Anime and Hentai either.... Hentai is the Adult ONLY (18+) stuff. And will most likely always be labeled as such.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions