Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

What older movie do you wish you could get now on DVD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2011 11:26:26 AM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
Hey, all.
I like old movies, and nearly all of them are on DVD now, but my favorite genre is science fiction and fantasy. And there is one TV movie I want to get on DVD but I can't find it anywhere. The movie is called 'Island City' with Brenda Strong as one of the stars. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's about the aftermath of a very popular serum drug that greatly extends human life. For some people it went wrong and now they are monsters. The humans that benefited from the drug are having to fight the monsters and so built a city in which they are safe.

This movie is just one of my favorites. What movies do you like and can you get them on DVD now? If not, list them here and maybe, together, we can find them. Who knows? :)

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 11:39:22 AM PDT
The Kremlin Letter. Not because it's a great movie, but because it has so many greats in it.
Bibi Andersson
Richard Boone
Nigel Green
Dean Jagger
Patrick O'Neal
Barbara Parkins
George Sanders
Max von Sydow
Orson Welles

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 12:21:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2011 8:38:09 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
"Neighbors" 1981 starring John Belushi and Dan Akroyd. Critics hated it but I really liked this movie. Why is it still not available on DVD?

Edit: "Neighbors" is now available for viewing through Amazon Instant Video...

Neighbors

...and DVD...

Neighbors (1981)

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:10:46 PM PDT
D. Larson says:
Chris Elliot's "Get A Life". One of the best TV series ever made, but still somehow tied up in legal limbo, when shows that truly were horrible crapola are issued as DVD sets every week.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:44:58 PM PDT
123123 says:
One Of My Best Movies I would To see On DVD is, "Legend Of Lizzie Bordon"

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:51:39 PM PDT
123123 says:
Another One Of My Best T.V Series Is, " ADVENTURES IN PARADISE " Wish, Some Company Would Buy The Rights To Manufacture * Remaster This Great Show. I Know PPL are selling this show here . but its a copy from the "Public Domain", and are horrible quality.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 2:03:39 PM PDT
MusicLover says:
I totally agree. "Get a life" was a fantastic show.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 2:27:11 PM PDT
I wish I could get a dvd of Song of the South. This was a great Disney movie.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 2:28:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2011 2:42:10 PM PDT
Godzilla vs. Biollante. Have the VHS, but I'd much rather have it on a dvd with good quality. It's one of the better Godzilla films too. And I know a lot of other Godzilla fans want the same!

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 2:40:40 PM PDT
Jekyll and Hyde Together Again

It was a corny, quirky, sexually off-color comedy movie from the 80's and I loved the hell out of it!!

Can ONLY find it on VHS or bootlegged DVDs that were copied from the original VHS to disc. How I wish they would remaster it, touch it up and put it on DVD or Blu-ray. But alas I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. It's just too obscure a title.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 4:38:48 PM PDT
Zolar Waka says:
Neighbors

110% AGREEMENT. I check every 6 months or so for a DVD release and it just isn't there. I think there's a PAL version and VHS floating around.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 5:44:35 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
I think I saw a VHS once but those things are on their way out, aren't they? We tossed ours some time ago because it went kaplooey and we saw no reason to get another.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 5:47:34 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
We need to get out those obscure titles and write a petition and pass it around. Maybe the powers that be will then get the message. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 5:48:54 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
Yeah, those older Godzilla films were great. Makes me want to cry. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 5:50:29 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
Song of the South. Why does that sound familiar? I can't place the movie but it sounds like something I would like. Maybe I did at one time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 5:56:22 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
Yes, it was. I wouldn't mind getting that one, too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:02:00 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
A great one, also. But I'm with you. Copies can be awful.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:03:35 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
OMGosh that was an intense movie. Bet they'd sell a load of those if they'd just put them on DVD, don't you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:05:02 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
You're of that opinion, too, huh? What to do? What to do? A petition it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:07:08 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
The powers that be are scared of the critics probably. They should be more afraid of their customers, in my opinion.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 6:07:16 PM PDT
7 & 7 IS says:
"Dark Secret Of Harvest Home"
"It Was 20 Years Ago Today"
"Mr.Horn"
"Gaugin,The Savage"
"Big Time" (1988)
"Diary of a Mad Housewife"
"China 9 Liberty 37"
"Cockfighter"
"Blood Diner" (1988)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:09:50 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
I don't know the Kremlin Letter but,OMGosh what a list of greats. It has to be a good movie. Another one for the petition.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011 6:12:58 PM PDT
A.K. Stein says:
I don't know most of your list but I liked Diary of a Mad Housewife and China 9 Liberty 37. I think we should stick all these movies on a petition and send it around. What do you all think? I might post that.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 6:40:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2011 6:42:54 PM PDT
7 & 7 IS says:
"RoadRacers"
"Tilt"
"Pirates"
"White of the Eye"
"I,Monster"
"Arrerverderci,Baby"
"Dr. Terror's House of Horrors"
"Wild Side" [uncut!]
"Candy" (1968) region 1
"SuperManChu"
"Don't Make Waves"
"Anyone Can Play"

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 6:56:02 PM PDT
Johnny Guitar

The Uninvited
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 51 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  377
Total posts:  1253
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 39 customers

Search Customer Discussions