Customer Discussions > Movie forum

What is a "Triple Maroon"?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:37:39 PM PST
OOPS...I guess I was wrong...Looked up ultra maroon on wikipedia and there it was. Not triple after all, I guess my hearing aide was a click to low. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:31:56 PM PST
I thought in a cartoon when Bugs was dealing with the Tasmanian Devil, he called him a triple maroon. Which is more of a "put-down"...ultra or triple. LOL

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 7:13:37 AM PST
D. Larson says:
It reminds me of the maritime tragedy that happened when a freighter headed for China with a cargo of dark red paint collided with a tanker filled with brown gravy, headed for the all-you-can-eat buffets of America.

The two vessels broke up and spilled their contents into the sea. And the unfortunate sailors?

They were marooned.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:28:44 AM PST
Balok says:
Does Bugs Bunny ever actually call anyone a "triple maroon"? I've heard him call people an "*ultra* maroon," which is a double play on words (maroon / moron, ultra-maroon / ultramarine).

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:14:57 PM PST
Thanks for the Looney Tunes lesson. All this years I wondered why Bugs Bunny called people "three shades of red". LOL

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:18:53 PM PST
D. Larson says:
Maroon, in Looney Tunes talk is "moron".

Bugs is referring to Elmer Fudd not just as "What a maroon", but a "triple maroon". That is, he does not think highly of Elmer's cognitive abilities. Or, he might be talking about Marvin the Martian.

Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 11:41:56 AM PST
Sometimes in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, when he gets annoyed at someone, he calls them a "triple maroon". (at least that's what it sounds like) What does this expression mean? Wikipedia doesn't have it listed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions