Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The top ten anything thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:16:27 AM PDT
Carma Chan says:
LOVE LOVE LOVE Beetlejuice!

Empire - my favorite scifi movie.

Bill & Ted - always puts a smile on my face when I see their names or a Circle K store.

Vacation - the best National Lampoon movie ever.

Wrath of Khan - greatest Trek movie, but I still don't need to see it again, twice was enough. I really loved the 2010 Trek movie, and the most recent Trek tv series, Enterprise. Big fan of Next Gen, somewhat of Voyager (after 7 of 9 joined). Never really liked the original tv series, though I always loved Spock. Didn't like Deep Space Nine. Love any Trek movie with Data in it.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:20:54 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Ten super heroes/villains in my man-harem:

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man
Chris Evans as Captain America
Christian Bale as Batman
Michael Keaton as Batman
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Jack Nicholson as the Joker
Heath Ledger as the Joker
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian
Tom Jane as The Punisher
Sam Jackson as Nick Fury

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:22:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 10:23:03 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Nice list, Lucy. I still desire to own a time-travelling DeLorean fully equipped with a functional Flux Capacitor and a Mr. Fusion energy reactor that I can use to get myself OUTATIME when I want to.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:27:01 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Hi Carma,

I am currently revisiting Star Trek: the Next Generation and am on season 2 so far. It is a most-excellent TV series, as Bill and Ted would say. I love Star Trek Voyager as well. The new Star Trek movie was great fun also and I look forward to seeing the latest installment.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:27:26 AM PDT
Carma Chan says:
Great list, Lucy!!

Batman 1989 for sure - that Batmobile is the reason I went to see the movie! The trailer started with it and I went WHOA - what's that? I wasn't even a Batman fan. I watched the tv series sometimes as a kid, only because I had to share the tv with brothers and we only had 3 channels. I became a Batman fan after that movie, and a Michael Keaton fan.

My favorite Star Wars vehicle... the pod racers!

Nothing else really comes to mind. I love the old cars - 40s, 50s - those big rounded kind with huge back seats.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:31:06 AM PDT
Carma Chan says:
Rock, me too - looking forward to the next Trek movie. Really like the casting for young Spock, and really, all of the young cast is great!

Picard is, I think, one of the sexiest men ever on tv. There are so many things I love about that captain. For one, I love that he is mature, that he isn't a womanizer, that he's awkward around children, that he appreciates the womens' perspectives (especially love the Whoopi Goldberg character!) He isn't too emotional, like Kirk was, and he isn't totally stoic. And I especially loved the greatest villain of all scifi, in my opinion - The Borg - and Picard's interactions with them.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:33:55 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Ten favorite Jason Statham lines:

Oi!
Aye!
[Expletive Deleted]
[Expletive Deleted]
Awright!
[Expletive Deleted]
[Expletive Deleted]
Wot!
[Unintelligible Cockney gibberish]
[Expletive Deleted]

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:37:53 AM PDT
Carma Chan says:
Love it, Lucy!

gotta run, it's been fun, unusually light load at work, but picking up again. will drop in when i can. you guys are fun! i could talk movies all day! oh, i just did, yesterday!

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:41:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 10:52:39 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Out of all of the Starfleet Captains that I would like to emulate the most in characteristics in real life, Captain Picard would definitely be at the top of my list. He has very admirable qualities.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:42:04 AM PDT
El Emmarino says:
Top ten voices I would listen to reading the phone book

1. Alan Rickman
2. Patrick Stewart
3. Gary Oldman
4. James Earl Jones
5. Morgan Freeman
6. Ben Kingsley
7. Colin Firth
8. Tim Curry
9. Patrick Warburton
10. David Tennant

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:45:52 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Good list, Alice, but no Malcolm McDowell? I've told people before. I would listen to him read the ingredients off a shampoo bottle :D

Rock - My favorite starfleet captain is Kirk. Because I am a simple girl with simple tastes.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:48:12 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
The Hottest Ladies of the Eighties:

Kim Basinger
Kelly LeBrock
Shannon Tweed
Jamie Lee Curtis
Morgan Fairchild
Kelly Preston
Michelle Pfeiffer
Sybil Danning
Adrienne Barbeau
Erin Gray

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:49:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 11:04:45 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
I'd like to be just like Captain Kirk when it comes time to fight alien lizardmen, and also when green alien babes need some hot loving.

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:52:22 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Rock, me and you have eerily similar taste in chicks...

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:02:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 11:03:11 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
That's only because you have very good taste, Lucy.

Posted on May 17, 2012 11:24:33 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
My personal top ten favorite Cult Classics

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (This goes without saying, really.)
Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Barbarella
Rock n Roll High School
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
This is Spinal Tap
Forbidden Zone
The Big Lebowski
The Stupids

(Admittedly the cult status of some of these is debatable. That debate belongs elsewhere.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:29:39 AM PDT
Katie: Not Joyce; simply not a favorite. I am a great enthusiast for Lewis's work, both his apologetics and his scholarly work--the fiction perhaps not so much. I'm quite familiar with the works of that group (including the rarely mentioned but excellent Charles Williams), and I may say that they represent the tolerant spirit of the Anglican church very well--which is my own tradition as well. Meeting with them would scarcely be cathartic, but certainly engaging.

And you err greatly in assuming that I am a misogynist. Not even a broad-spectrum misanthropist. I simply have no patience for sentimentality, lack of logic, and the assumption that either sex is inherently superior in any way to the other.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:32:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 11:43:02 AM PDT
Carma: Sense and Sensibility is no melodrama--nor, for that matter, is Little Women. And which version?

I wouldn't call Sense and Sensibility my favorite Austen adaptation (that honor is equally shared between the Olivier Pride and Prejudice and the Patrow Emma, to which I return frequently with renewed delight) but it's quite a good film.

One of my favorite dinner party topics is the question--can you take Warhol seriously as an artist? Always an interesting conversation. (For the record, my answer is yet--I take him very seriously indeed.) One can scarcely call his films fun (I exclude the commercial ones, like the Dracula and Frankenstein), but I don't think you can be literate about film without coming to terms with them. I'm quite glad I sat through The Chelsea Girls.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:42:31 AM PDT
SL: Good cult list. If I were making it, I would delete Forbidden Zone (saw it recently, and it's just plain nasty) and This Is Spinal Tap (hasn't worn well with me) and replace them with Valley of the Dolls and Carnival of Souls. There must be an Ed Wood on any top cult list--I think that I would chose Glen or Glenda. Matter of taste. And I am always delighted to see someone else who likes Faster, Pussycat, Kill! Kill!--as John Waters says, the greatest film ever made, better even than Citizen Kane.

And Pink Flamingos also is an indispensable cult film.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 11:45:22 AM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
I saw Pink Flamingos and it was a little too weird even for me.

I haven't seen Valley of the Dolls (just read the book) or Carnival of Souls. I'll add them to the ever lengthening list of things I should check out.

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:01:06 PM PDT
Louise says:
Top Ten Actors/Celebrities With Little Hair And Very Attractive

Yul Brynner
Patrick Stewart
Corey Stoll
Bruce Wllis
Ed Norton
Stanley Tucci
Vin Diesel
Kelsey Grammer
Howard Hesseman
Montel Williams

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:03:06 PM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Top 10 Movie Planets I'd Like To Visit

Transformers planet Cybertron
The Killer Klowns homeworld
The desert planet Tatooine from Star Wars
The Klingon homeworld Kronos
Whatever the planet's name is where the aliens from Earth Girls are Easy come from?
Planet Venus as depicted in The Queen of Outer Space movie
Oa, the planet where the Green Lanterns Corps resides
Spock's homeworld planet Vulcan
Whatever the name is of the planet that Sybil Danning's character, Saint-Exmin of the Valkyrie comes from in the movie Battle Beyond the Stars
Thor's planet Asgard
Whatever planet the aliens from Plan 9 From Outer Space come from?

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 12:30:45 PM PDT
KatieHepburn says:
Well, thank you for that clarification.

Posted on May 17, 2012 1:06:06 PM PDT
Savage Lucy says:
Rock, no Hoth?

You know that isn't snow, right? It's cocaine.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 2:17:35 PM PDT
SL: Valley of the Dolls is the Citizen Kane of trash. It must be seen. I treasure the day I was introduced to it. The two-disc DVD is full of wonderful extras.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  115
Total posts:  5998
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions