Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Name The Movie & year it was made..

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:26:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 2:27:44 PM PST
mack says:
Not about the movie at all i put on this forum..

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:33:51 PM PST
D. Larson says:
I suppose a dog would have a hard time fetching a basketball anyway. They're really good with tennis balls. And dogs love to catch Frisbees! But basketballs, not so much.

But any dog, whether Flemish or otherwise, will have a go at it, just to please his master. Now, try that with a cat and all you'll get will be a snotty look. For all of their fine points, cats are jerks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:21:32 PM PST
mack says:
NO BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Just watch it and see for yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:14:00 PM PST
Jonathan says:
1959 version. Got it. Seems as good a place to start as any. Does he play basketball or any other team sports like Air Bud?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:11:08 PM PST
mack says:
The meat lover comment was a joke. And I responded to J. Donaldson who actually saw this movie.No he doesn't fight terrorism.. Watch the movie and see for yourself. 1959 verision!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:04:39 PM PST
mack says:
Has nothing to do with cats! Patrasche is a dog as you well know. I never mentioned cats ! You didn't see the movie & you are joking around about it. Your the one getting off the the subject now! So far only one person has
seen this movie on this forum. It is ovious you haven't.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:59:40 AM PST
D. Larson says:
I understand that Parliament is in a hurry-up mode to get the Act of Succession (or whatever the actual term is) amended so that the firstborn gets the top spot, irrespective of gender. What I gleaned from the BBC is that the entire Commonwealth is on board with the update, but as is so often the case, the Mother of Parliaments has been distracted by all the phone hacking and BBC sex scandals and the Aghan debacle and so on, and hasn't got around to passing the necessary paperwork.

So now that Kate's preggers, they have to get it done before the bun(s) come out of the oven.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:53:05 AM PST
mack says:
Yes you did. It was someone else on this site I was asking if he ever saw this movie. Saw the 1959 verison with
David Ladd,Donald Crisp, & Theodore Bikel.. Yes Patrasche (dog's name). Yes I like Pizza. And were I buy it from it is made with fresh ingredients & not oily.It's homemade from this Iltalian resturant ..I bought the dvd movie on amazon last year...Thanks for your help & have a Merry Christmas....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:41:53 AM PST
Jonathan says:
That may be, mack, yet if you are sincere in your stated intentions of wanting to find people who saw this movie, why are you still treating Jeff Donaldson like he isn't here? He's told you a few times that he's seen this movie, and the circumstances of how he saw it.

Re: "No he's a meat lover."<

So you're saying the dog is all about the Meat Lover's Pizza nights. Good to hear. Maybe I'll watch this movie later in the Month. Does he fight terrorism like the dog in 'Top Dog'?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:34:30 AM PST
After Laust,

+1... [Homer drives up with blood on the wind shield] "Stupid horse, it's a deer crossing!"

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:23:16 AM PST
Laust Cawz says:
Re: "The Simpsons"--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDRfH9aXis

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:28:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 10:32:18 AM PST
Hikari says:
If Catherine has twins (only conjecturing, since the violence of her illness is often associated with multiple births), it will be most interesting to see if they stick with the current revised thinking that a female child will become the heir if she's firstborn. If it's two boys, no prob. But if it's a girl AND a boy, and the girl preceeds her brother by a couple of minutes? Things could get interesting then.

Probably the best outcome for everybody, to avoid any kind of maternal complications or constitutional crisis is if the Duchess gives birth to one healthy boy. Then they can have as many daughters as they want. Elizabeth (actually both Elizabeths, and Victoria) have proved that being born sans male plumbing is no hindrance to rule. But both Elizabeths kind of slipped in by the back door, as it were. I'm sure there's a large majority of folks, both ordinary citizens and members of Parliament who would prefer a little prince, just to make things less complicated. I'm sure Kate and Wills will be happy with a healthy baby period. Kate is going to have one of those cute petite little round bumps that slender women get. No way is she going to blow up into Jessica Simpson, even if it is twins.

I have a theory, perhaps unproven by medical science, but just intuition that morning sickness is more severe with boy fetuses than girls. My mom had four girls and never suffered very much. Saltines and bit of ginger ale worked for her. It stands to reason that a woman would become sicker when harboring a mutant life form (ie, a male), with opposing hormones to hers. Guess we'll find out in about 6 months if my theory holds water. :) (Or if it's twins. If she's preganant with twin boys, no wonder she's sick as a dog, poor thing.)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:15:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:17:47 AM PST
Balok says:
@C.J. Vasta:

> I believe the ringer in The Man in the Iron Mask, was not a full-twin by an illegitamate half-brother
> who happened to resemble the crown prince.

It seems that Alexandre Dumas differs with your interpretation. From the text available from Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2759/2759-h/2759-h.htm):

====
"When suddenly," resumed Aramis, "the queen announced an interesting event. There was great joy at the intelligence, and all prayed for her happy delivery. On the 5th of September, 1638, she [Anne of Austria]. . . gave birth to a son. But while the court was rejoicing over the event, when the king had show the new-born child to the nobility and people, and was sitting gayly down to table, to celebrate the event, the queen, who was alone in her room, was again taken ill and gave birth to a second son. . . ."

"Yes," said Aramis, "the queen had a second son, whom Dame Perronnette, the midwife, received in her arms."

"Dame Perronnette!" murmured the young man.

"They ran at once to the banqueting-room, and whispered to the king what had happened; he rose and quitted the table. But this time it was no longer happiness that his face expressed, but something akin to terror. The birth of twins changed into bitterness the joy to which that of an only son had given rise, seeing that in France (a fact you are assuredly ignorant of) it is the oldest of the king's sons who succeeds his father."

"I know it."

"And that the doctors and jurists assert that there is ground for doubting whether the son that first makes his appearance is the elder by the law of heaven and of nature."
====

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:59:15 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
I believe the ringer in The Man in the Iron Mask, was not a full-twin by an illegitamate half-brother who happened to resemble the crown prince.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:41:54 AM PST
Balok says:
@D. Larson:

> According to the expert interviewed on the BBC, by the by, if the royal baby bump is twins, the first
> one born, if even by only a few seconds, is the heir, and the second the spare.

Apparently, that "expert" never read _The Man in the Iron Mask_. Or if he did, he's not saying what *really* happens to the Other Royal Twin.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:35:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 5:37:21 AM PST
mack says:
Again did you ever see the movie? No he's a meat lover. LOL!!!!You don't know what this movie is about. Going by your comments..You are making a joke out of this.... I just wanted to know if anyone so this movie or ever saw it...You are making jokes about it..I think you have no idea what this movie is about. So again you make jokes about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:35:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 3:50:14 AM PST
While on the subject of pizza (thanks Jeff;), I saw something on television the other night that made me go all 'WTF is goin' on here!'. A large pizza joint - worldwide, referenced in 'Spaceballs' - has a new stuffed crust. They, in their infinite wisdom, have stuffed the crust with sausage, calling it the Hot-Dog Stuffed Crust.

I'm pretty sure that a 16th century sketch I once saw of The Four Horsemen had one of the horsemen eating a sausage stuffed crust. This worries me.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the horseman munching on the crust was the horseman who represents famine. Oh, the irony!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:12:32 AM PST
Jonathan says:
Does the dog of Flanders like pizza, and if so what kind? Probably not deep dish.
I wonder if anyone ate drive-in pizza while seeing 'A Dog of Flanders' on a double-bill with 'Aristocats', and if it didn't agree with them. The grease of the drive-in pizza could have fought with the stomach acids like cats and dogs...

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:49:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 12:50:57 AM PST
mack,

I told you yesterday that I saw this movie. Why won't you acknowledge me? I'm doing all I can to help you. As I said, I saw "A Dog of Flanders" on a double bill with "The Diary of Anne Frank" in 1959. You'll be interested to know that it was the only time I ever went to the drive-in with my mother. She was nice but she didn't like drive-ins very much. Anyway, I did see "A Dog of Flanders" and I hope I can answer your question. Of course, you didn't say whether you saw the 1935, 1959, 1975, or 1999 version, but it's the same story really so I should be able to help you. You wanted to know the dog's name, Pastiche was it? No, wait, Pastiche is the company that makes air brushes. Anyway it was something like that. I have to admit that I missed some of the story because I went to the snack center and got some pizza. It was just cheese pizza in those days, all smelly and oily. Do you like pizza? I do. But today's pizza is not like the pizza from the drive-in, is it? Anyway, I hope I was of some help to you. If you have any more questions about the film, just let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:35:17 PM PST
Balok says:
@Hikari:

> Her Majesty in 3-D!

I think they mean "Helen Mirren as Her Majesty" in 3-D with (as Dave Barry once said about Mouseketeer Annette Funicello) parts of her considerably closer to the camera than other parts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 8:42:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 8:53:11 PM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
What about Peter Jackson? I can see him squeezing in elements from Pat Hobby's Silent film heyday. "I'm going to have a swimming pool somday." The futher travails of Amory Blaine. Hades, incorporating the plot of A Diamond as Big as the Ritz and focusing on its aftermath could bring it up to a trilogy.

EDIT: Somehow I responded to the wrong message. This was supposed to be a response to D. Larson's statement that few directors are less suited to Gatsby than Baz Luhrmann.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:05:22 PM PST
D. Larson says:
According to the expert interviewed on the BBC, by the by, if the royal baby bump is twins, the first one born, if even by only a few seconds, is the heir, and the second the spare.

And, if it's a caesarian, the first one the doctor lifts out will be the future king or queen, and the laggard will be only another idle prince.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:17:01 PM PST
mack says:
I just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this movie & if anyone ever saw this movie...So far I don't think anyone saw this movie & they are not familiar w/it....I agree let's move on..We are getting no where.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 4:53:28 PM PST
Hikari says:
Her Majesty in 3-D! The mind boggles.

Pretty soon the Duchess will be in 3-D. How big do you think that baby bump is going to get? It could be twins--now THAT would be some news.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 4:51:27 PM PST
D. Larson says:
No stranger than the factoid I heard that this year, the BBC will transmit the Queen's Christmas speech in 3D. Why? Because they can?

The Queen in HD and 3D! Will ceasers never wonder!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions