Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Very Erie Movies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2013 12:50:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 12:54:26 PM PST
Have you seen any really erie movies? I recently watched Borderline Murder, Deadly Whispers, and An Officer and a Murderer. All three movies were based on actual events.
I hope Hollywood creates more such frightening reality based movies so I can get nightmares!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 1:21:14 PM PST
The Snowtown Murders (2011) - Film is based on "Australia's worst serial killer" John Bunting. Great piece of cinema, but some scenes were extremely difficult to watch.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:43:03 PM PST
Zolar Waka says:
Cool Runnings! Irie!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 11:23:49 PM PST
E e r i e

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:13:34 AM PST
FallenMarvel says:
Southland Tales was mildly eerie.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:54:39 AM PST
Hikari says:
"The Awakening" with Rebecca Hall & Dominic West

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 12:45:48 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
Very "Erie" movie? "That Thing You Do!"

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 5:50:30 PM PST
Sybil (Two-Disc Special Edition)

... 'nuff said.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 8:03:54 PM PST
Her mother in "Sybil" was very memorable.

More eerie movies:

Eraserhead

Repulsion

The Machinist

Jacob's Ladder

Session 9

The Skeleton Key

Angel Heart

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 10:38:42 PM PST
RichieV says:
May

Compliance (Not in a supernatural way)

Let's scare Jessica to death (I saw this a long time ago on TV when I was a kid, have know idea if it held up or was just scary to a young'n)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 11:09:05 PM PST
as mentioned above May (definitely)
Horsemen
American History X
Cape Fear (Robert De Niro was pure evil and scary as all hell)
The Cell

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 12:52:00 PM PST
Richie,

"Let's Scare Jessica to Death" was an effective thriller from the 1970's that was heavy on atmosphere and had an almost hypnotic pace to it, if that makes any sense. Today's audience might find it boring as dirt, but I still like it. The lead actress Zorah Lampert was very convincing (is she going mad again or is there something menacing after her?). LSJTD is one of a rare breed of horror movie that teeters on the edge of cheesy and satisfying.

When I was younger (when the pioneers traveled west, lol) in the 70's and 80's, that flick that would come on occasionally on TV some weekend, and I'd be glued to it ... it's up there with the likes of "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark". Pretty tame fare but has a nostalgic magic of its own.

I enjoyed "May"; there were girls in high school who reminded me of her! Spooky.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:17:45 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Picnic At Hanging Rock.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:29:10 PM PST
"Don't Look Now" from 1973 is eerie. It has a real dreamlike quality to it. It's one of my favorite psychological horror movies, actually. But don't talk to anyone who has already watched it-- easily spoiled!
The plot (without spoilers) involves a married couple who go to stay in Venice to get their minds off the recent sudden death of their little girl... and before long, the figure of a little girl begins to appear wandering in the alleyways and streets.

There's more to it but I better not expand on things. I will say that "Don't Look Now" is masterfully directed by Nicolas Roeg and features Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:30:31 PM PST
"The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"
With Jodie Foster, and Martin Sheen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 21, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions