Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Favorite Makeover movies

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2013 10:35:26 PM PST
RichieV says:
What are your favorite Makeover movies?

Guilty Pleasure: "Miss congeniality," (If it was anyone but Sandra this would be nothing but a B movie. She makes it watchable)

Independent: "Strictly Ballroom," (This could also be a guilty pleasure movie)

Musical: "My Fair Lady," (I know, I am being obvious but it is still a great movie even with the horrible accent)

Let's did a little deeper, let me know your favorites as well.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 10:49:23 PM PST
Dune, however most movies shouldn't be remade, its usually about MPAA GREED/

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 11:04:11 PM PST
RichieV says:
Different kind of makeover, lol.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:27:15 AM PST
Hmmm.

If I get what you mean by 'makeover', it's not a remake, redux, or re-imagination of an original movie, right? You mean a movie about the character(s) actually getting a physical 'makeover', as in makeup, face-lift, etc?

If so, here are my top 5. Surprisingly though, my top 3 involve a spiritual or psychological makeover. The body stays eeriely the same, but the soul changes.

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Collector's Edition)
2. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
3. The Thing (Collector's Edition)
4. Cinderella
5. Face/Off

Honorable mention: An old episode of 'The Outer Limits' called 'One Hundred Years Of The Dragon.' Presumably Cold War China attempts to conquer the US not by a direct war, but by killing the president and replacing him with a surgically-altered duplicate who will simply champion legislation that will gradually weaken the US economically and militarily.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 12:59:16 PM PST
RichieV says:
I forgot about face off, nice choice James Blakley.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 1:12:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2013 1:13:07 PM PST
Of course this means a character's makeover and not remake of an existing movie.
lol..... Have you ever heard anybody say 'the makeover of Hitchcock's Psycho'?

Can I choose a movie with a very quick makeover scene? In "True Lies" when Jamie Lee Curtis does a rapid makeover. Really fun, going from mousy to a striptease.

How about the last sequence in "Grease" when Sandy wears the black spandex.

And I second "My Fair Lady", a great choice for this category-- it came to mind right away. Classic.

Also, "Pretty Woman" fits this topic. The hooker being transformed, courtesy of those glamorous clothes and jewels. Too bad it was horsey Julia Roberts. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 2:45:26 PM PST
RichieV says:
That scene in True Lies was great, good one Baron.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 4:02:49 PM PST
RichieV says:
Another good one I enjoyed as a kid was original "Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 5:35:57 PM PST
Hey, that's right, he turns into that arrogant and hip Buddy Love. Good call! I like that movie very much-- some of the comedy in it involving Jerry as the wimpy prof is wonderful.
But the movie-- like a couple of his others-- quickly sinks into maudlin territory; the audience is practically spoon-fed that this guy is no good, that one shouldn't judge others by their looks, etc. (They should stick to the comedy and leave the sentiment elsewhere. But enough of that.)

We could include "The Wolf Man" in this topic. ;)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:54:54 PM PST
RichieV says:
One of my favorite movies that also has a traditional type makeover in it, "The Breakfast Club" (Ally Sheedy)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:31:34 PM PST
Though it's not a favorite, growing up I remember the ABC comedy Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series. It was Tom Hanks's first memorable--or perhaps for him, forgettable--role. He and Peter Scolari were struggling actors who could only afford rent at a women's hotel, as I recall. So, they had to dress and act like women!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions