Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Super-Happy Nice Chat Room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 576-600 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:00:43 PM PST
I'm not that hard to shop for. I'll see if I can drop you some hints before Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:07:38 PM PST
stevign says:
;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:20:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 7:21:35 PM PST
stevign says:
Look over to your right.......do you see this " Edit this post | Permalink "? Anytime you want to edit your post, you can go back to it, click on "Edit this post" and it will reopen the post you want to edit or change spelling. I would also suggest you get iespell if you have Internet Explorer (it's free) and if you have a MAC, you will have to ask someone else. Hope this helps.

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

* Opt for the CNET Download.com option, CNET is reputable and safe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 8:39:03 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Charlie:
thanks! i will keep those in mind! :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 8:52:29 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign (and Laust!):
lol! thanks for the tips, but yes, i know how to edit, etc.....what happened was i posted something, and within my post i used a word i don't normally use; 'beegebeez', or something like that.....i was pretty sure i had misspelled it, as it was highlighted from my spell check, but i wasn't sure what the correct spelling was, and was too lazy to look it up, but i can, if that would solve the misunderstanding....hang on a minute! it is 'beegeebeez', so i was close! (btw, even though i did NOT misspell it that time, my dictionary/spell check is still highlighting it, because it is a word not familiar to spell check, so sometimes you never can tell, you know? which reminds me of a very very cool song, that i just (re)heard yesterday, AND LOVE, so here it is! enjoy!:
http://youtu.be/Ik-RsDGPI5Y
omg, i LOVE this song, AND THIS SCENE!!!!! (could you see me dancing???)
AWESOME!
love,
joyce :)
p.s., hope that clears everything up! :)
thanks for all the info though! i really really DO appreciate it! both of you!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 8:53:50 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
thanks again! (i do have a mac, but i still appreciate the info! you are awesome!)
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:36:32 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "as it was highlighted from my spell check, but i wasn't sure what the correct spelling was, and was too lazy to look it up"

I'll have to think about what to do about your laziness.

http://www.awwwards.com/awards/images/2011/09/459xNxcinematicgifs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0Zb1a5ibjg.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:38:00 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "you are awesome!"

http://www.awwwards.com/awards/images/2011/09/459xNxcinematicgifs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0Zb1a5ibjg.jpg

In that case I guess I can let it slide.....this time.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:18:56 AM PST
Laust Cawz says:
Joyce--

It occurred to me that it would be "be-jeebies" or maybe "ba-jeebies" (as in "heebie-jeebies"), but, in any case, this, of course, would not be "proper" English, but very loose & playful slang, thus it's not likely it would ever be recognized as anything but an "error" by spellcheck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:25:18 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
okay....just let me know.... :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:26:21 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
well, okay, but only if you're sure...... :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 11:28:16 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Laust:
maybe, but i DID find it spelled the other way, when i googled it, so maybe both words would apply, and work equally as well....
in either case, spell check was even more confused than i was!
love,

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:58:54 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
When it comes right down to it,
English (especially modernized American English)
is pretty damn confusing to begin with.
The old spelling rule "I before E except after C"
has a lot of exceptions.

Also, the word "gay" used to mean "happy"
& a "ballad" used to be a song that told a story.

Once you get into slang, it's even more arbitrary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:20:31 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Laust:
all true, but what else is 'ballad'?? something i haven't heard of before??? lol!
english is quite confusing though, and always new 'slang' words being invented, every day!
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:24:24 PM PST
Joyce,
You're cute!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:35:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:36:08 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Charlie, Stevign, Laust, and All:
thanks, but does this mean you (all) aren't gonna tell me? where's Stevign....he'll tell me....STEVIGN, what else does 'ballad' mean, besides a song that 'tells a story'??????
love,
joyce ??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:55:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 5:56:33 AM PST
stevign says:
Ballad ~

1) A printed punctuation mark, available only in some typefaces, designed to combine the question mark (?) and the exclamation point (!), indicating a mixture of query and interjection, as after a rhetorical question.

2) A screen or mat covered with a dark material for shielding a camera lens from excess light or glare.

Ballad - gay slang -

1) A poor excuse. [when are you going to stop singing me a ballad, you could have called me.]

2) (ballad bar) A gay bar whose selections on the jukebox are primarily slow love songs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:14:23 AM PST
Hikari says:
@Stev
Thanks for adding to my lexicon today. I didn't realize ballad had all those interpretations.

In an aside, we've coined the term 'power ballad'. I'm sure the gays might have their own version of that. But it always brings to mind Poison's Every Rose Has Its Thorn. Not really a 'ballad' in the old definition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:12:11 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
oh, okay...i knew you would tell me .......
maybe he was speaking of the last one????
well, anyway, thanks! :)
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:36:24 PM PST
Joyce,
Still cute!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:41:43 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Charlie:
thanks!
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:49:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 5:50:26 PM PST
Kinda got an Elizabeth Perkins thing going on. One of my favorites.
Pretty Too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:56:22 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Charlie:
i will have to take your word for it, and hope that it's 'all good', as I am not familiar with her, the show, Weeds (other than the bare bones of the storyline), or what you are referring to here.....(hope it's good....) which 'thing' of hers do you feel i have 'going on'? :)
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:06:15 PM PST
This redhead is Elizabeth Perkins.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 6:26:29 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Charlie:
no, i know that, but i wasn't sure what you were referring to, when you said i 'kinda had an Elizabeth Perkins thing going on'....that's what i meant...... :)
love,
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2082
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions