Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Super-Happy Nice Chat Room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:47:36 PM PDT
Didn't Ted Danson make whoopee with Whoopi?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:55:40 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
Yes, but then the idiot put on blackface and was surprised that people were offended.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:02:10 PM PDT
MG: Seven of Nine is most definitely a babe. Have you seen the same actress on the (pretty good) series Body of Proof?

The pork butt came out well. The rub was an improv, with chili powder, brown sugar, black pepper, sweet paprika, smoked sweet paprika, cumin, cayenne, dry mustard, ginger, Kosher salt, and Mexican oregano. Fortunately, I have enough for another go. First time I'd tried it on this gas grill. Next time I will keep it in a bit longer and lower the heat a trifle.

I've grown very fond of cooking pork butt that way. It is, of course, very Southern. (If it were Texas, the meat of choice would be brisket.) The best sauce, however, is completely non-traditional. I dislike vinegar-based sauces (Carolina style) and much prefer the Kansas city style, which for me is the true high temple of American barbeque. (But you find it all over the place--one of the best sauces I ever located was in Utah!) The best sauce with pulled pork is--raspberry chipolte. As in http://www.lwcbrandsinc.com/th15ozrorach.html

Stuff is fantastic.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:04:41 PM PDT
"Chekov and Wesley, really?"

Oh heck yes! Wesley was my first "small screen" crush. I'd even take Will Wheaton `as is' today. Probably not Chekov though, boy was looking a little rough in Trekkies

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:04:50 PM PDT
Re: Son of the Beach: total guilty pleasure. And Roland Kickinger is definitely a big guy.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm794210560/nm0452199

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:10:19 PM PDT
Roland Kickinger is awesome in that show. So funny.

I was watching Disaster Movie recently and saw mentioned in the credits that he was the one who spoofed the Hulk in that movie. He was also the one who played the Arnold T-800 model in the Terminator: Salvation movie. They used his body but CGI'ed Arnold's face over his. It looked pretty good, I thought.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:20:16 PM PDT
Is there something in the water in parts of Austria??

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:22:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 1:24:15 PM PDT
bella7 says:
I'll answer for my boyfriend whom I've turned into a ST nerd.

He likes:

7 of 9
B'Elanna Torres
Counsellor Troi AND Lwaxana Troi
Leeta the Dabo Girl
Jadzia Dax

Padma Lakshmi also did a guest spot on ST Enterprise:
http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/7/7b/Kaitaama_in_stasis_pod.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:25:51 PM PDT
I don't know? But if there is then I want a case of their best bottled water shipped to me as soon as possible. Hee.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:28:46 PM PDT
Don't forget Jolene Blalock as T'Pol. Yow! Set phasers to fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:45:36 PM PDT
bella7 says:
D'oh! How could I forget her??

Her nipples were always at full alert. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 2:07:31 PM PDT
I sure wouldn't mind going on a 5-year mission to explore that! Ha!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 2:59:32 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Enough Kittens and Niceness . . .how's about some Unintentional Rude Humor at the Olympics?

I don't know if all of these are 100% true, but they are still funny. Thanks to our friend Alice for passing them along.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I...

speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 4:00:49 PM PDT
Hikari: and yet more reasons, if any were needed, to ignore the whole sorry sweatfest.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 4:03:16 PM PDT
Re: Star Trek--not, of course, in the babe category--but one unforgettable bit of Star Trek casting in Star Trek III: Judith Anderson as the Vulcan high priestess.

"Na---VOOOOOM!"

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 4:32:33 PM PDT
WAS: I haven't seen Body of Proof. Never even heard of it. I will have to investigate.

Re: your pork butt. The dry rub sounds delicious. BBQ is something I DO know about! I can't talk opera, but I'll talk BBQ all day long. I'm interested in the addition of ginger to the rub. I bet it made an interesting flavor note.

You are exactly right--Kansas City style BBQ is the way to go. I am not a fan of the vinegar based sauces. I love my BBQ wet. So many folks like BBQ with rub only (such as their ribs), and I gotta' have something to lick off my fingers when I'm done!

For me, I BBQ only with coals. I don't know how to use a gas grill. My brother did some steaks when I last visited, and they were pretty good. He lives in Memphis, and he has made it clear to me that I don't BBQ, rather I "grill". I guess in TN and probably much of the South, the meat has to be over the coals for a day and a half minimum to qualify for BBQ, huh? I thought I BBQ'd, but apparently not to a purist.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 4:34:56 PM PDT
I am a happy girl today! I was offered a job that I really wanted.

Yay!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:21:46 PM PDT
Congrats MG! Color me envious.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 5:22:25 PM PDT
Another gift for the happy room...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KzP4bC1Ypg

if the tambourine man doesn't make you smile... please see a doctor.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 6:04:12 PM PDT
Hikari says:
BBQ'ing sounds like a filthy enterprise, all this rubbing of butts. A 'dry rub' sounds rather painful, but I'm sure the pork butt doesn't mind.

MG--congrats on the job! I hope you are sending me details.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:03:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:05:12 PM PDT
MG: I'm not fond of mustard, so I halved the amount of mustard in my base recipe, and substituted ginger.

I suppose that the difference between grill and barbeque is direct vs. indirect heat. Actually, the six or seven hour cooking process isn't a task--you only need to check things every now and again, and toss on some more wood chips at regular intervals.

One of these days I'm going to get a Big Green Egg--a ceramic smoker / cooker. Although--considering that I lived I long as I did in Chicago--I should be loyal to Weber.

When in KC--you have to go to Jack Stack. The lamb ribs are a religious experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:06:44 PM PDT
Hikari: Dry rub is a critical process for barbeque. A bit messy, yes--but cooking often is.

Remind me to tell you about making lobster bisque from scratch sometime.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:34:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 9:00:10 PM PDT
Hikari says:
Does 'from scratch' include killing the lobster yourself?

Whenever I go to Red Lobster and pass the tank in the front lobby, I can't help thinking "Dead Men Walking" . . .or crawling, as may be.

I'm a carnivore, but I feel so guilty about it. Lobster bisque is nice, but I couldn't bring myself to eat an inmate I'd selected for execution 20 minutes prior. They look like giant insects, really. Puts me off.

Oh, dear. This sentiment is neither super-happy nor nice. Forget I said it. The lobsters are of course super happy to sacrifice themselves to mankind! They go to a super happy nice ocean in the sky and are waited upon by seven shrimps. Kind of a crustacean Paradise, really.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:45:37 PM PDT
WAS: Or the real question is, Best James Bond babes?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:09:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 8:10:24 PM PDT
"I suppose that the difference between grill and barbeque is direct vs. indirect heat."

But of course I cook my ribs over indirect heat! I grill steaks over direct heat. Tri-tip can go either way; I am cooking them rapidly over direct heat these days, after years of cooking them over indirect heat. Standing rib roast--indirect heat. I've done two of those that way, and they are simply phenomenal.

I think maybe my brother was trying to wind me up--in which case it worked!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  1676
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions