Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Ratatouille

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:32:48 PM PST
Nope. You guessed incorrectly. It has to do with the entire thing. Your 'great' choices also seemed a little off, but that's based on my own choices and personal taste ... which I wouldn't foist onto the world like other people tend to do.

Oh, look, I don't even have to give you an Unhelpful Vote. They're already starting to accumulate. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 6:02:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 6:03:08 PM PST
Mike Gordan says:
Let me guess: It has mostly to do with the films I ranked as bad (well, presumably barring Cars 2), and a bit to do with my marginal flicks?

Seriously, if all of America's satellites were to be hit by an EMP, among the first to die out would be those that'd burst out in tears upon hearing someone saying that Finding Nemo, Wall-E and Up were all terrible films.

Or, for that matter, just about any other film.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 1:21:09 PM PST
Your tiers would probably drive some people to tears. Me, I'm nonplussed at those rankings. To each his own.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 8:44:16 AM PST
mack says:
I liked this movie a lot! and like every character...

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:06:54 AM PST
Mike Gordan says:
I'd rank Ratatouille in the second tier of Pixar films: The pretty good. How I'd rank them by tiers are as followed:

Great (or very good): Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and The Incredibles
Pretty good: Ratatouille, Toy Story 3, Brave
Marginal: A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Cars
Bad: Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Up, Cars 2

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:45:31 AM PST
D. Mok, "And most of the male Pixar heroes lack the one thing that makes Pixar films great -- a sense of humour and quirk."

????????????????????????????????? !!!

Woody and Buzz not humorous and quirky?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:38:35 PM PST
D. Mok says:
Ratatouille is one of the lesser Pixar films. However, it's still to be lauded for taking something small (cooking) and making a successful film out of it. Linguini has got to be one of the weakest Pixar characters ever created, though. I think male characters tend to be a Pixar weakness. They always have great female characters with lots of personality (EVE from Wall-E, Elastigirl from The Incredibles, Dory from Finding Nemo, Colette from Ratatouille), but the male protagonists can be clichéd and predictable. Linguini is blander than white bread with no talents of his own, Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles) is a basic midlife-crisis Dad, Sully (Monsters, Inc.) has practically no personality, and Marlin (Finding Nemo) does almost nothing to further his own quest. And most of the male Pixar heroes lack the one thing that makes Pixar films great -- a sense of humour and quirk.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 5:28:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 5:29:32 PM PST
mack says:
What has this to do with the movie Ratatouille being on the disney channel this weekend?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:32:41 PM PST
There might be some mice in the Nutcracker sequence.

http://www.balletwest.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Nutcracker-Mice-121124.jpg

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:11:34 PM PST
Which presumably features no rats.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 2:25:04 PM PST
The Midvale Repertory Theatre will be putting on their annual holiday extravaganza this weekend, featuring delightful renditions of highlights from "The Nutcracker", "A Christmas Carol", plus: "Remy Wants a Spatula". I'm looking forward to this lovely musical production.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:48:33 AM PST
mack says:
In case anyone else would like to watch it with friends or their whole family. Who don't have it on DVD.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:11:59 PM PST
D. Larson says:
Disney owns Pixar, yes?

So isn't saying a Pixar movie isn't a Disney movie kind of like the nameplates on old GM cars that stated "Body by Fisher"? Classier than saying "Body by Chevy" but it still comes from the same factory.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 2:02:26 PM PST
If you have it on DVD why do you care if it's on a pay cable station?

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 1:22:32 PM PST
mack says:
Ratatouille will be on again 12/29 at 8:00p.m. on the disney channel & again Sun. 12/30 at 7:00a.m. on the disney channel!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 11:56:53 AM PST
mack says:
Ratatouille is on again tonight Wed. at 8:00p.m. on Disney East....Again on Thurs. at 12:00p.m. on Disney East again..... Will be watching. I never get tired of watching this movie!!!!

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 4:18:19 PM PDT
mack says:
Never get tired of watching this movie...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 4:17:26 PM PDT
mack says:
Well I like it alot & will be watching it again when it comes on nt.wk.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 12:48:51 PM PDT
I wasn't a fan of Ratatouille. It was alright, just not the best of Pixar's films.

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 7:52:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 7:56:08 AM PDT
mack says:
RATATOUILLE ON NEXT WEEK............On DisnXD..............................Mon. 5th at 5:00p.m. & Tues. at 7:00a.m.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:40:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 7:56:52 AM PDT
mack says:
yes it is clear now..Disney did the production part of the movie and Pixar did the animation part of the movie..If you have this movie check out & read the back cover of the dvd. Also Disney did the marketing for this movie and they
are in partnership with Pixar. Ratatouille will be on the T.V. ck. times below...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 3:49:28 PM PDT
But things were clear. You worded your original post looking like it was made by Disney, not Pixar.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 2:52:53 PM PDT
mack says:
That's all for now!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 2:47:58 PM PDT
mack says:
Do you have the movie? Check out the front & back of the dvd cover...And what does it say. I read it already. I think we are both on the right track.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 2:42:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 2:55:36 PM PDT
mack says:
My point they are associated together in this movie . Even though pixar did the animation part of this movie. And I don't ramble on. I agree it is distributed by Disney. Okay. I just like to make things perfectely clear & no misunderstandings.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Oct 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions