Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Alibi Lounge

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 17, 2012 3:16:54 PM PDT
Kacee says:
The new series of Lewis started off great last night. DS Hathaway is very charming :)
I love the way Kevin Whately portrays Lewis with his droll sense of humour. My sister and I loved him in Morse, and I know she would have loved 'Lewis'.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 3:39:13 PM PDT
Kelly says:
@Hikari,

If you are picking up a med office, I am surprised they have not put up security, but your nighttime use will not be slowing them down. A point can be made they are laying out money for access, and you are freeloading, but I doubt you will be able to do anything that will harm them, or slow them. But anyone who puts a "guest" connection out there, well, you can jump on.

Hopefully next neighbor will be amenable to sharing, though some prefer hardwired connections.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 6:43:10 PM PDT
Hikari says:
I don't think it's a medical office, really. They would be the last one who would want an unsecured connection, besides a bank. The only businesses near me are medical offices, though. One bank on the corner. There's an elderly hairdresser a few doors down but he most definitely does not have the Internet. Must be a private residence, but it goes in and out; sometimes it's in the list and sometimes not.

Looks like I have a reprieve, though. Apparently we did not get cancelled today. The street is all torn up due to road construction; bet the cable van couldn't get through.

In an unrelated anecdote, I have three cats who are all quirky in their own individual ways. I have just discovered that one is crazy for garlic dip, of all things. The same one also seems inordinately interested in alcohol. Tonight she had to investigate the beer glass. One time, when I had a Crown & Coke, I had set the glass down and she came over to investigate. I glanced away for a minute, thinking she'd take one sniff and run. Only to see, when I looked again that that little stinker was actually lapping at my drink. So apparently I have a feline with a drinks problem and a fetish for garlic and green olives. She dined on the top-shelf tuna dinner this evening and now she wants garlic dip and beer. Tuna was too boring, maybe?

Posted on May 18, 2012 12:49:32 AM PDT
Q says:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks cable is evil.

I get the same reaction from the cable solicitors.

Then I go on a tangent about how cable and technology are the bane of the human race, and so on, and so on, until they finally realize that I just must be weird or mentally disturbed, and they don't need to come back!

**Same technique works for Jehovah's Witnesses.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 2:01:01 AM PDT
C McGhee says:
JPB- that's that

too late for this I guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znaYWPIM72A

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 6:09:01 AM PDT
The worst are the salespeople who want to sign you up for the Jehovah's Witness Cable Network. Once they get their Hush Puppies in your door you're a goner.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:29:58 AM PDT
stevign says:
re: "I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks cable is evil."

Silly. Cable is fine, so are phones, televisions, computers and automobiles. Just about everything has its flaws or "something" someone may find objectionable, but hey, that's technology and that's life in general.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:32:59 AM PDT
stevign says:
The best defense against Jehovah's Witnesses is to answer the door naked, tell them you're glad they came and you and the others in the other room are having an orgy and need more participants.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 9:51:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2012 9:52:08 AM PDT
stevign:

Well, you'd have to always answer the door naked, because it's not as if they yell "Jehovah's Witnesses!!! Open up!!!!"
But opening the door naked is your prerogative, I guess. I'd never do it.

But sometimes I do answer the door wearing only swim fins.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 12:02:01 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Well, you'd have to always answer the door naked, because it's not as if they yell "Jehovah's Witnesses!!! Open up!!!!"

What, you don't have one of those peep holes in your door that lets you see who it is?

re: "But sometimes I do answer the door wearing only swim fins."

lolol....Good for you. I'm sure visitors appreciate the fact that you go out of your way to dress for the occasion (whatever that is) and of which I'm sure leads to them either running away in terror or an interesting night at home with strangers and/or friends.

Posted on May 18, 2012 12:54:24 PM PDT
Even with a peephole, it's not as if Jehovah's Witnesses wear costumes with a big JW logo or anything. They tend to wear J.C.Penney suits, in colors similar to the underside of a driven-over armadillo.

As for answering the door wearing only swim fins, well, sometimes you just want to dress up.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 1:01:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2012 1:01:59 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Even with a peephole, it's not as if Jehovah's Witnesses wear costumes with a big JW logo or anything"

Better safe than sorry though, right?

Posted on May 18, 2012 1:30:54 PM PDT
Naw, I prefer sorry. Safe is so wussy.

Posted on May 18, 2012 7:11:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2012 7:15:28 PM PDT
Hikari says:
CHOCOLATE MATH

Okay, Loungers, try this--I know you love chocolate. I did this multiple times and it works. Maybe the theoretical mathematicians among us can tell us why this works, but in the meantime, it's just fun.

1. Think of the number of times in a week you'd like to consume chocolate. More than once but not
greater than 10.
2. Double that number.

3. Add 5.
4. Multiply that number by 50. Yes, you may use a calculator.
5. If you have already had your birthday this year, add 1762; otherwise add 1761
7. Subtract the four-digit year you were born.

Now you should have a three-digit number made up of your original number and your current age!

And that is your AGE BY CHOCOLATE. Neat, huh?

Posted on May 19, 2012 8:37:36 AM PDT
By this calculation, I outrank Methuselah himself.

Posted on May 19, 2012 8:57:00 AM PDT
Hikari:

Problem is, if you never cease to crave chocolate, that technically only counts as one "time".

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 8:58:36 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
Re: "AGE BY CHOCOLATE"

That makes me:

-219 years old.

Honestly, I like a good chunk of chocolate every once in awhile, but I don't *think about it* each week, if ever, so I couldn't multiply by 50 any other number but zero.

Posted on May 19, 2012 9:27:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 9:41:20 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Here are some pictures that I took yesterday at one of my favorite movie theaters to visit in my area...

This was taken in the front lobby as you enter the main entrance of the theater.
http://i50.tinypic.com/34njgp4.jpg

This one is of huge murals of R2-D2, King Kong, and Elvis Presley that are located just after the ticket booth.
http://i47.tinypic.com/25k7gc8.jpg

This image is of a big tub of popcorn that rests atop the concession stand.
http://i50.tinypic.com/rhv6ls.jpg

This is a view of the concession stand taken from the video game area.
http://i47.tinypic.com/10s57h2.jpg

This is the big bucket of popcorn over the concession stand but taken from the other side.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2qxbwwo.jpg

Hopefully these pictures all upload correctly. I took a lot more photos of the display stands located in the main lobby area advertising current and upcoming movies such as The Amazing Spider-Man, the new Ice Age flick, the Avengers displays etcetera.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 9:59:09 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Rock, those are nice photos, thank you for sharing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 10:05:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2012 10:06:24 AM PDT
stevign says:
This is the theater I saw 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY in in 1968 while on acid.

http://cinerama.topcities.com/goldengatecinerama.htm

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 10:07:04 AM PDT
Rock~N~Rolla says:
:)

Posted on May 20, 2012 7:38:06 AM PDT
Hikari says:
Last post 21 hours ago?

What, you people need no alibis? All choirgirls and boys are we?

Bumping this thread as the second page is unacceptable. :p

Posted on May 20, 2012 7:40:52 AM PDT
I think choirboys and choirgirls get away with more than we imagine.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 11:45:55 AM PDT
stevign says:
I have my alibi and suspect everyone else is on the lamb.

Posted on May 20, 2012 12:49:31 PM PDT
As Moe the Bartender once said, "I'm like mint jelly.....I'm on the lam!"
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions