Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Super-Happy Nice Chat Room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 13, 2016 1:29:55 PM PDT
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poldark-Novelty-Mothers-Christmas-Birthday/dp/B00WSXH2EY/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1465849634&sr=8-25&keywords=poldark+mug

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2016 6:36:25 AM PDT
Thanks, Rock. I hope the weather will be warm and sunny. It's near the coast although I doubt we'll have little time to explore too far afield. We might have time to have a quick look around the shopping centre before making our way home. It's just an overnight stay.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2016 6:24:22 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Sounds like fun. Have a good time!

Posted on May 31, 2016 6:06:27 AM PDT
Rock, this is the reason why we are going, to attend an open day.

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2016 6:00:07 AM PDT
Gulp!!

:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2016 5:35:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2016 5:35:44 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Oh, No! I hope that it's not this Exeter ?!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2016 5:16:44 PM PDT
Years ago I bought Spirited Away. I must be cuckoo. ;-)

Posted on May 30, 2016 12:26:02 PM PDT
Herr Baron: No doubt because no one in their right mind would buy it.

Posted on May 29, 2016 10:07:56 AM PDT
So I got Amazon's weekly "Deals of the Week" email this morning, and again, included is the Hayao Miyazaki anime DVD set. This thing seems to be included each week. Weird.

Posted on May 29, 2016 9:20:16 AM PDT
R and I are ready for Thursday, we have our hotel and train times booked, Exeter here we come!!!

http://www.heartofdevon.com/exeter

Posted on May 29, 2016 6:51:29 AM PDT
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
This Discussion

Discussion in: Movie Forum
Participants: 57
Total posts: 2010
Initial post: Aug 7, 2012
Latest post: Right now!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2016 11:46:13 AM PDT
stevign says:
re: "I believe you'd need to upload the image to Photobucket or something like that"

Yeah that's what my sister was telling me.

re: "I'd be shocked to smithereens if there were a way of simply pasting a picture right here in an Amazon post"

Can't be done, Amazon just hasn't seen fit to provide that kind of capability. And like you said, it's too risky for a site like this which wants to remain "G-Rated".

Posted on May 28, 2016 9:24:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 28, 2016 9:24:19 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2016 9:22:37 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 28, 2016 9:22:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2016 8:20:54 AM PDT
Gotcha. I believe you'd need to upload the image to Photobucket or something like that, a photo sharing site whose link you could paste here and we could follow/click.

I'd be shocked to smithereens if there were a way of simply pasting a picture right here in an Amazon post, since I've never seen that. I never tried dragging an image into one of my posts, LOL... But this would raise a whole slew of issues for The Amazon Police, come to think of it. I can only *imagine* what some folks might post, image-wise, that might be political or sexual or questionable.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2016 7:04:45 AM PDT
stevign says:
That would certainly be nice. I also would like to have the capability to make them and post the link to them here on these threads whenever I want to just like the ones I get from Google Images.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2016 11:56:56 AM PDT
I like taking favorite images from movies or TV and using them for wallpaper. Sometimes you want a specific picture, but an image search via Google or Bing just doesn't have what you need.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2016 1:34:54 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "Cool beans"

Yeah it is, isn't it? I think I'll learn how to do it, it looks pretty simple.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2016 12:45:36 PM PDT
Cool beans. And a fun Aussie accent too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2016 1:37:59 PM PDT
stevign says:
Better yet.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbeMXKaMhI4

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2016 11:40:01 AM PDT
Okey doke. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2016 9:06:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2016 9:25:11 AM PDT
stevign says:
re: "I can save images from an image search on the web,"

Gotcha, that's what I thought you meant. My sister says to look in "Windows Accessories" and use the "Snipping Tool". It gives you more control over the image than the "PrtScn button". I've never done it so I can't give you any further directions than that. Good luck.

Try these........

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/open-snipping-tool-and-take-a-screenshot

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+the+snipping+tool+in+windows+10

Posted on May 25, 2016 7:08:12 AM PDT
R and I are looking forward to next week. We are going to Exeter to attend an open day at the University to see if R likes it to choose as one of her options to study for her degree.
We love that part of the country. If R does get accepted there, I would love to rent our house out for three years and move to Devon and rent a house there. Hopefully the cost would be the same so it would be nice to do that without actually selling up in case we needed to come back to Hampshire.

Posted on May 24, 2016 8:11:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 28, 2016 4:57:35 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2016 8:09:51 PM PDT
Right, saving images for wallpaper, and also keeping the saved images in a folder in case I want to use an image for a meme or a homemade greeting card or something.

I can save images from an image search on the web, that's a snap ... it's capturing images from an actual paused DVD image that's the challenge. Windows Media Player has no capture function when I have a movie in the drive/player.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2020
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  13 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions