Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Stupid film ideas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 240 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 4, 2013 7:42:26 AM PST
W.T. says:
The Lone Ranger with Jonny Depp was a Tonto wearing full face paint to hide the fact that he's a white guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 7:34:30 AM PST
KinksRock says:
One thing I didn't realize was that Mr. Ed was from a series of short stories! I'll be damned if I can find them though, but they read one on the radio a few months ago, and it was very funny!

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 8:28:40 AM PST
A big screen treatment of "Mr. Ed."

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:25:00 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Rock: Thank you, thank you very much.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 2:05:54 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
LOL! Good one, Larry!

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 1:48:39 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Rock: "Iron Man with Irons for Fist--is Coming Soon--and Boy is He Steamed!! (Stars Tony Starch, the Irons Man)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 1:26:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 1:37:06 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Haha, and coming soon, the next in the ironing-theme movie spin-offs, "The Man With The Irons For Fists."

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:47:28 PM PST
KinksRock says:
IRON MAN: Tony Stark is in charge of steaming and pressing at a dry cleaner. His skills attract the attention of a mysterious man with an eyepatch. Last line of the film (in response to a nag): "I *am* ironing, man!"

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:42:06 PM PST
KinksRock says:
THE IMPOSSIBLE: A family vacationing in Thailand is offered a cash prize if any of them can lick their own elbow. Their frustration is relieved when a tsunami hits.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:35:49 PM PST
KinksRock says:
HUNGER GAMES: A family on a trip plays tic-tac-toe while waiting for their order at a Howard Johnson's. Tensions run high when they realize they have not seen their waiter for over twenty minutes, and they have not seen any other restaurants on the highway. It is clear this family vacation has been a disaster, and the youngest child whines: "Why are the odds never in our favor?" (The father is so hungry that he loses his patience and slaps her.)

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 12:13:13 PM PST
vivazappa says:
Britney Spears in "Behind the Green Door 2013"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 10:39:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2013 9:58:48 PM PDT
Bill Mobley says:
The Turn of The Screw II

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 10:56:58 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Rappin' in the Rain, Yo! - The long-awaited sequel to Singin' in the Rain is finally here! Set in the early Eighties when Rap music was just becoming a huge cultural phenomenon. Watch as up-and-coming star, Little Biggie LL Cool Daddy O stars in his film debut as young Rapper Mean Gene Killy and his struggles to survive in a world dominated by Hair Bands and Pop Stars.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 10:26:41 AM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Mr. Smith: About "Eyes Wide Shut". I should have read the reviews/analysis, of this film before commenting--and I hadn't. Yesterday I read a number of them, many with different interpretations, and realized I had missed a great deal. The film is way more complex than I had ever imagined. I grant myself a slight pardon in that I am not normally accustom to seeking hidden meanings, symbols, in most of the movies I have watched--unless they are fairly blatant such as in 2001. So-my apologies--you are correct--the film is much more than I, in my ignorance, realized.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 8:42:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2013 8:47:59 AM PST
And given the current climate in the U.S. it would not be hard to imagine a very good screenplay that took into account the cultural differences, and made BR a film that was completely Western, and had relevant things to say about our society.

*There is a sequel, and while I found it okay, and has Riki Takeuchi, you can't beat Takeshi Kitano for my money.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:13:07 AM PST
RichieV says:
cobaltspectre says:
I refuse to see, "Hunger Games," since it sounds like such a rip-off of, "Battle Royale,"
-------------------------------------
richiev says: I just watched Battle Royale on Netflix, your right, the premise is the same as hunger games, A different take, but a great movie.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 1:56:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013 1:57:24 PM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Farts on a Plane - A plane full of Hollywood stars and starlets turns into a silent but deadly nightmare as the passengers all become susceptible to the ravages of uncontrollable flatulence caused by the contaminated inflight meal. Starring Samuel L. Jackson and Jenny McCarthy. Based on true events.

Jenny McCarthy Embarrassed By In-Flight Flatulence
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD05xLEdGyg

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 5:58:57 AM PST
I refuse to see, "Hunger Games," since it sounds like such a rip-off of, "Battle Royale," which I love. But, I wonder how much people unfamiliar with Japanese culture can really, "get," a lot of it. My ex-wife was Japanese, and my daughter and I watch a lot of Asian films-- and she's crazy about anime. I've only spent a few months actually living in Japan, but, I've had decades of familiarization (including that 13-year marriage).

They could do a Westernized version of it, but it would have to be an extensive rewrite, since so much of the original film wouldn't translate directly to this culture. I fear that it could receive a lazy, half-ashed effort resulting in an unrelatable piece of crap.

Most of the kids in Battle Royale resisted the idea of killing each other, and some sought ways of defeating the system. Most of the people protesting the film would probably be ones who never bothered to watch it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 5:41:00 AM PST
lol, no, I can't imagine that at all. Though I actually could see a Western adaptation of Noriko's Dinner Table.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 5:09:44 AM PST
If you think that's bad, imagine a Western adaptation of, "Suicide Club."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 5:08:12 AM PST
I thought that it was implied that I was aware of the film's name when I was familiar with its theme and stars. I own it on DVD (which, I hope, implies, as well, that I consider it an excellent film).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 1:05:47 AM PST
Now that I think about it, both Heathers and Massacre both ended with failed attempts to blow up the High School in the end. Somehow, I don't think we're ever going to get that ending in this country, and especially not now in this climate. In fact I think the High School revenge genre is pretty dead right now. I had hoped we might get a Western adaptation of Battle Royale since they did a film like The Hunger Games, but the Hunger Games is straight up fantasy, while Battle Royale comes across as slightly more realistic and certainly more graphic -- and you have that thing with high school kids killing each other again. Mustn't give the idiots in our society any ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 10:11:50 PM PST
Balok says:
@James N. Smith:

> The film you're thinking of is the classic, "Heathers", which is an excellent film.

Except for the ending, which is a copout, and the ending they originally wrote, which isn't much better. I never understood why the movie doesn't end up with them blowing up the school, and finding themselves in heaven where everyone is sitting around singing "Kum-Ba-Ya."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 8:35:08 AM PST
Killing School Bullies has been done. While the revenge pic isn't new, the High School revenge flick could be said to have been started with, "Massacre at Central High" in 1976. Not a bad film actually. The film you're thinking of is the classic, "Heathers", which is an excellent film.

See that's the thing with bad film ideas. You can never tell what a bad film idea is until you see how the subject is handled. I thought Edward Scissorhands was one of the stupidest ideas I'd ever heard of -- until I watched it. Burton has long since worn out that goodwill, but Edward is still one of my favorite films. If you broke down many classic films to just their tag lines, some of them could easily fit on this list.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 3:59:01 AM PST
Hasn't that kind of, "been done?"

Not EXACTLY, and with Christian Slater, but....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  240
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions