Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Favorite Arnie Movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 146 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2012 11:46:57 PM PDT
What's your favorite Schwarzenegger film, & why?

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:52:53 PM PDT
Stan Giesea says:
Putting aside my distaste for his political aspirations, I think the best thing he's ever done is THE TERMINATOR. The character of an unstoppable, emotionless robot is perfectly tuned to his impressive physical stature and halting, wooden performance style.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 5:52:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 5:52:25 AM PDT
THE TERMINATOR: In the post-apocalyptic future where a self aware military computer has nuked Earth to destroy the human race, soldier Kyle Reese idolises John Connor - the leader of mankind's resistance against the machines. He idolises him so much that he travels back in time (with no hope of returning) to save John Connor's mother from The Terminator - an unstoppable killing machine.
Just read that again: 'unstoppable killing machine' and take a second to mull over the meaning of each word.
So, Reese leaves everything he knows and travels through time into a world that existed before he was born; where the police hunt him, he is naked without any of the technology he knows and faces an almost impossible task for which he will receive no thanks or acknowledgment from anyone. The reason you're alive today is thanks to John Connor, but I'll bet you've never thanked him. When Reese finds Sarah Connor she thinks he is a crazed killer rape fiend and calls the cops on him. However, he eventually saves her from the Terminator's attack.

After escaping the Terminator, Kyle confesses the reason he volunteered for the mission is that the whole time he was in the future he was in love with Sarah from a photograph John Connor had given him! They spend the night together and (unknown to them) conceive a child. The battles with the Terminator rage on and eventually Kyle sacrifices himself so that Sarah can live. The child they conceive is John Connor - Kyle's idol in the future.

What an amazing story! This guy travels back in time on an impossible mission to save the entire human race and to meet a woman from the past he fell in love from a photograph. They fall for each other when they meet in person and sleep together and the child turns out to be his future idol - he then sacrifices himself to save the woman from the Terminator. Add this to the fact that he is fighting against the time travel paradoxes (is it possible to kill your own grandfather etc) to do this task. Would it even be possible? Would the world explode? Kyle Reese defied the laws of physics, time and the universe to save the woman he loved from a single Polaroid.

Screw Romeo and Juliet! This is a way better love story than anything Shakespeare came up with. This takes the love story so much further, adds more tragedy than the Greeks and rests the fate of mankind on their commitment to each other!

So in conclusion, The Terminator is the greatest love story of all time. HOWEVER, if we take the next step in logic, The Terminator is also the greatest movie of all time!

When you add The Greatest Unnoticed Love Story Of All Time to a critically and commercially acclaimed visionary 80s sci-fi classic with amazing effects, Arnold Schwarzenegger playing an unstoppable cyborg killing machine that cuts his own eye out, a great 80s soundtrack (the tune playing in Tech Noir when the Terminator first attacks is amazing: Burning in the First Degree by Tahnee Cain and the Tryanglz if you're wondering), classic scenes, great plot, casting, timing, tension and spontaneous brutality you have THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 5:56:45 AM PDT
Kacee says:
Jonathon,
I'm interested to know your favorite Schwarzenegger film, & why?

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:52:43 AM PDT
Kacee says:
I enjoyed Twins, and I'm looking forward to the sequel titled Triplets.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:13:59 AM PDT
Predator, because of the characters, brutal deaths and Arnold was't invincible in this movie. He actually got manhandled for once. Well, alienhandled.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:45:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 9:11:44 AM PDT
Hercules in New York! Without a doubt. We really need a sequel to this classic, and the sooner the better too. Kidding!

Seriously though, he has a new film coming out called "The Last Stand", saw the trailer yesterday and while it doesn't look like the most interesting film ever, I am going to see it just because Arnie is in it.

My pick for favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie would probably be "The Running Man" because it had great action scenes, a thought-provoking story with a lot of social commentary elements, and Arnold in his prime kicking ass and taking names. Richard Dawson was also very good as the main antagonist, Damon Killian, the evil gameshow host.

2nd favorite would probably be Total Recall.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:08:15 AM PDT
This is a tough one, I don't know if I can pick just one, I will go with two.

The Terminator.......Just a great story overall....Luis summed it up nicely

Conan The Barbarian......this one had it all, sword fights, sexy women, & one of the best mythological villians Thulsa Doom, James Earl Jones really had fun with this character no doubt.

"Predator' & Twins" would be my next picks

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:23:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 9:24:34 AM PDT
Ah, The Cinema of Ahhnold.

I'm very fond of his work.

Particularly favorites, in no special order:

Conan The Destroyer--the more entertaining of the two Conan films, although the first has some of the best risible dialogue in the genre;
Red Sonja--Conan with brains;
Commando--perhaps my favorite Arnold moment (dropping Daniel Patrick Kelly off of a cliff);
True Lies--the only watchable Cameron film;
Kindergarten Cop--"They're HORRIBLE!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:35:48 AM PDT
"Kindergarten Cop--"They're HORRIBLE!!"

It's not a Toomah!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:55:26 AM PDT
Commando. Great one liners. Like Ray Dawn Chong, "You guys eat too much red meat!"

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:59:18 AM PDT
"THERE IS NO BATHROOM!"

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:59:26 AM PDT
Kacee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 11:08:47 AM PDT
Conan and Predator.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:11:47 AM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
Junior!

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:26:44 AM PDT
Larry Kelley says:
I really liked True Lies. Tom Arnold is a great henchman/pal/second banana? I likely have watched Commando 4 or 5 times completely, and parts any number of times because it is on TV so often. What I have tried to do since the first time I watched it, is count the number of people he kills--and you just can't, there are just too many!! He did a movie with Sally Field and, I think, Jeff Bridges, called Pumping Iron, famous with me because it showed Sally Fields naked tush. Very nice, in my humble opinion. Really bad movie otherwise.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:52:15 AM PDT
It's hard to choose between Terminator 2 and True lies as far as highest level of goodness that is Arnold. Even though he was a supporting charcter I thought people were sleep on Red Sonja.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 11:58:34 AM PDT
Conan. He was perfect for the part.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 12:02:35 PM PDT
True Lies--the only watchable Cameron film? To you maybe, but not to many of us.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 1:11:48 PM PDT
Pumping Iron.

And Conan. SA is right; Arnold was perfect for that role.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:08:08 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
Oh come on. It was Ernie Reyes, Jr that Stole that movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 3:14:38 PM PDT
C. J. Vasta says:
Oh I don't know. He has a snarky enough delivery, but it's not the same without the blazing red hair.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 5:32:23 PM PDT
Stay Hungry

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:32:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 10, 2013 2:38:00 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 6:55:06 PM PDT
No love for Batman & Robin. "Da Iceman cometh."
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  146
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions