Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The World's Worst Discussion Thread...Ever.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4151-4175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:34:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:35:03 AM PST
stevign says:
You should definitely play these for the politically correct crowd.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:08:21 PM PST
I think Amazon needs to add some new features to the forums; How about an ??? or Maybe button to click for the "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" section. It's boring only having two choices to choose from. We need more options! What do you guys think? Any other ideas to help spice things up around here?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:15:48 AM PST
Winter Time - Steve Miller Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M3ZtxlrZOg

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:42:20 AM PST
The Jett in Color...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuD9umfGo8

in much better black and white...LIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Jjm1jzIig

The chicken argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NeqZOce1fE

Not to be outdone...

http://bubalaplease.com/

and let's not forget

http://www.williamsmith.org/matinggame.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:43:29 AM PST
stevign says:
"Do you think this post adds to the discussion?" should be abolished. Most posters either can't read, have the comprehension skills of a gnat or just don't care. Fact it, the option is constantly being abused by trolls and clueless boneheads who use it to "agree or disagree" with someone......mostly disagree. Obviously it was never intended for that purpose.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:47:32 AM PST
KinksRock says:
We're having a discussion about rating whether posts add to the discussion? This really is the worst thread ever!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 10:57:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 11:00:52 AM PST
I just want a little more variety and excitement to the forum experience is all. Like maybe they could add little sound effects buttons to click on instead of Yes or No buttons, such as a raspberry noise when you feel the post doesn't add to the discussion, and cheering and clapping sounds for when you feel a post does add to the discussion.

They could also just randomly insert people's posts into other threads just for the fun of it. Let's say you're discussing the new Superman movie on the Man of Steel thread and so you write a couple of well thought out paragraphs on the subject and as you finish up you go to click that 'Post' button and it just disappears on you, only to pop up later on the Gladiator w/russell Crowe thread.

Or better yet, they could switch and swap the poster's names and their messages around, and even the order of the posts in reply to each other around to really make things even more exciting. The possibilities are endless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:03:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 11:09:19 AM PST
Good point, Kinks. I mean, why do they even bother having the Yes/No buttons function on this thread in the first place? It's the Worst Thread Ever; The entire thread doesn't add up to a hill of beans, let alone adding to any discussions!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:39:28 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "We're having a discussion about rating whether posts add to the discussion?"

I was speaking of that being a problem in all the forums.

re: "This really is the worst thread ever!"

I'm sure the author of this thread would be proud and grateful for your approval. ;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:59:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 12:00:27 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "I just want a little more variety and excitement to the forum experience is all."

I had a hunch that was what you were looking for. I would have thought of some other options for us but my chauffeur and butler were fighting over who was doing my maid in the Guest House. Jealousy is so ugly, fact is, we were "all" doing my maid in the Guest House. But I digress, I like your idea about sound effects; using them in my posts already via youtube links just doesn't cut it. We need real sound in real time.

I think it would be easy to guess which sound effect would be heard far more often than any other. It would also indicate when the men outnumber the women here. Can you guess what sound that would be?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:00:20 PM PST
KinksRock says:
There should just be a button that says "worse", and any time you think that a post makes the thread worse, you press it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:05:31 PM PST
stevign says:
Personally, I like Chuck Barris' idea of the gong much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:09:04 PM PST
"Can you guess what sound that would be?"

Snoring sounds? Wait, that's what both sexes do when they read this thread. I'll go with burp sounds for fifty, Alex.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:10:54 PM PST
Ooh, good idea, Stevign. The Gong would be perfect for this thread. Of course it would get annoying after awhile because every post would get gonged, but that's the price of progress.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:35:02 PM PST
stevign says:
(((GONG)))............Sorry. (crowd sighs). The sound would be that of the "Fart".

.............OH, WHAT'S THAT? IT'S TIME FOR....GENE, GENE, THE DANCIN' MACHINE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R28b8XXoXs

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:33:12 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
It would be nice if Amazon could provide some sort of icon that would help posters make clear their comment is one of sarcasm. It's surprising how often that doesn't come across to some readers. Even harder is satire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:36:57 PM PST
KinksRock says:
Are you serious?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:01:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 3:02:24 PM PST
stevign says:
That's an excellent idea. I use humorous (or at least I hope it comes off as such) sarcasm a lot and I get questioned about it quite often by people who don't know me. In the absence of some sort of sarcasm symbol, I've been trying to remember to add a smiley-face at the end so those posters know I'm not just being mean, hateful or mad. As for hard core sarcasm, I could care less if the moron (or trolls) I'm talking to gets it, they don't deserve my respect anyway.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:17:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:22:49 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:27:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:40:46 PM PST
How about amazon merely makes the forums more accessible from their homepage.

Oh, that's right, amazon is in the sales business.

Stevign, wondering if you fail to see the humor in the current 0 to 4 tally in your "Do you think this post adds to the discussion?"post?

The internet is a trolls paradise. The irony. Like, dislike tabs. Thumbs up, thumbs down. Etc, etc. Why should Amazon be any different? They do try to censor blatant sophomore attacks, name calling and/or cursing.

Hint, well established products, celebrity quotes often get a pass.

Liquid Ass

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:57:34 PM PST
stevign says:
You mean I got 4 down-votes? Really? I guess I'm losing my touch, I usually get more.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:49:06 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
stevign

No matter how many "no" votes you get, you'll always be The Man!

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:07:36 AM PST
I do give give a dam(sic) what people think.

I certainly know it is unpopular.

The elephant can't simply be ignored with the sweeping swift legislation and effects on everyone and freedom.

Freedom has a cost, unfortunately too many pay it's price with their Freedom, sometimes temporarily others permanently. Still many pay a higher toll and countless others pay the ultimate price.

Yes, I agree it is past time to act. No symbolic gesture will suffice nor will legislation that past American history demonstrates was ultimately ineffective even till the date it wasn't renewed.

Before enacting legislation that will satisfy the outraged masses and be an ineffective paper tiger for decades. Educate yourself about the various elements and what legislation is allready law, what works and most important what is legally permitted for individuals with affluence , connections or both.

The restrictions placed on legal (full)automatic weapons are not unreasonable, unrealistic nor prohibit their rapid access to lawful owners. I have personally been inside walk in safes designed for lawful storage of such weapons. Despite the number of American residents who possess the privilege to possess (full)automatic weapons a mass casualty has never transpired as a result of their lawful possession. Not including organized crime elements the average God fearing American would be suprised and sometimes terrified at what you can legally possess in America with proper licences and/or signatures.

You want legislation that works? The proposed limits on magazine capacity are a good start. However, at minimum it will be five years before that will begin to have a significant impact. A BAN on a few dozen rifles/styles is not as effective as the cheering hordes will initially believe. Registration must be given more mandatory teeth. I propose restrictions placed on these "assault weapons" not BAN them. Far less effective than a new class of law required to own and possess them. Precedent having allready been established and proven effective in keeping weapons with restrictions for possession out of the headlines.

1) Restrict magazines to 10 rounds or less
2) Registration mandatory with larger teeth for infractions
3) New immediate restrictions placed on lawful possession of currently proposed banned "assault weapons"

Again restrictions placed on ownership have proven far more effective than a ban on sale.

Truly the worlds worst thread.

If you think cinema is safe from the rapidly ensuing lynch mob you were not around in the eighties.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:07:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:14:58 AM PST
Rush 2112
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj_JM_4gtwQ

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:25:29 AM PST
stevign says:
((blushing)).....Ah shucks. That's very kind of you to say.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions