Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Star Wars VII-IX Official Discussion Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 646 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:21:23 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
If it came to recasting Luke, Leia, and Han in their 40's-50's, which actor or actress would you recommend for the part?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:36:24 AM PST
W.T. Keeton says:
I would like to see Dennis Quaid as the new Indy Jones.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:14 AM PST
JCRB says:
Thats reserved for Shia Laboof.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:53:38 AM PST
Anthony L. says:
I don't like Dennis Quaid. He's acted in too many rom-coms.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:49:49 AM PST
W.T. Keeton says:
But one of them, Innner Space, was a sci-fi rom com.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:53:21 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
Good point considering Han Solo & Princess Leia do have a romantic relationship. You need someone who can play that angle really.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:11:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:19:06 AM PST
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
I think Dennis Quaid is too old to play a new Indiana Jones. The guy is going on 60. He was good in the Sci-Fi/Horror flick Pandorum

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:41:32 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Rock N Rolla

If you think Dennis Quaid is too old for the role, I take it you're not interested in seeing Harrison Ford do another Indy.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:45:11 AM PST
According to this, Disney owns LucasArts too: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/198969-disney-now-owns-lucasarts-too

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:06:14 AM PST
D. Larson says:
The question is, do audiences really want to see Han and Leia and Luke in their forties and fifties?

The target audience of Starwarian sequels is the same as for any action/adventure/cartoon: young people. Maybe the Leia-Han thing is played and it's time to let these characters retire with dignity. The entire Rebellion cannot have required the presence of these three characters, can it?

Apart from the apparently immortal robots, we don't specifically have to have Yoda or Obi or Luke or any of those characters. Maybe it's time to strike out in a bold new direction with new characters, some of them not human and not robotic. Give somebody else a chance, fer chrissakes. Take a chance! Be less derivative!

Nah, I'm kidding. Disney will gin up the same old characters played by people who vaguely resemble the originals. They're iconic and all that. A way will be found. Robert Pattinson will make a perfectly (ahem) adequate Han Solo, and it'll make great publicity if they can get his on-again/off-again trampy girlfriend to play Leia. Think of the TMZ buzz!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:23:28 AM PST
To get around EU continuity issues and avoid re-casting, maybe they could skip to Cade Skywalker.

Also please, please retcon the midi-chlorians. Forget the sci-fi and go back to the mystical fantasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:07:23 AM PST
A taste of what a J.J. Abrams Star Wars might look like:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/a-late-quartet_n_1873414.html?utm_hp_ref=arts

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:28:36 AM PST
ROcK~N~Rolla says:
Cavardossi,

I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison Ford do one more Indy movie. But, if they were to decide to reboot the series and start with someone fresh, I just think Dennis Quaid is too old for the part. Best to start with someone who is in their mid-thirties to mid-forties range who would be able to play the character for a few movies over the years.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:48:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 11:50:15 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
I'd be happy to see the next generation of the Solo family (Anakin, Jake & Jacin I think?) and or Skywalker family in the movies in which case the original actors could make a lot of sense. I didn't read the books, so a movie might help me better appreciate some of the Star Wars minis that me & my brother use from time to time.

Luke could be in the Ben/Yoda role training them. Not sure what Han & Leia would be up to by then although there is a Leia as a Jedi in the minis game so she might be quite active although you could skip past that & have her retired & helping Luke train the young ones I suppose.

Edit: The training sequence could even be an intro scene or a flashback within the movie so that it's only really a guest star honor rather than a major role.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:34:03 PM PST
D. Larson says:
Amen to that midichlorian stuff. Of all the dumb ideas Lucas came up with (and there were really quite a few), the midi thing is the dumbest. It's not a matter of dedication and training and spiritual effort; it's just bugs in your blood.

So, if an ordinary guy gets a blood transfusion from a Jedi, does he suddenly get a does of the force?

Can you do a Lance Armstrong, save a few pints of your blood in the fridge, concentrate your midichlorians and then pump them back into your arm when there's a big fight looming?

Is there a Jedi midichorlian bank somewhere, where Jedi knights can go when they feel kind of listless and unForceful?

All of that said, maybe it is time to ring down the curtain on the Skywalker clan and give somebody else a chance, huh? It's a big galaxy, there must be more than one dysfunctional family in it.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:39:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 2:41:37 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Why not tell us the story of Yoda and his family and race? I think I would be up for that, with one proviso: they must return to the original puppet. Yoda was much more convincing and "real" then. The digital Yoda comes off as more of a cartoon. He could step straight out of the silver screen into the Clone Wars TV cartoon show and you would hardly notice a difference in him.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:29:46 PM PST
JCRB says:
I personally dont think Harrison Ford is too old. I thought he did a great job in the last Indy. The only thing that was wrong with Indy 5 was George Lucas. His ideas and direction for his once beloved franchises are bringing them down. He's too powerful and rich and has too many yes man around him with no one to tell him his ideas are sh!t.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:48:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 9:49:16 PM PST
Anthony L. says:
UPDATE: Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story 3) confirmed as screenwriter of Star Wars Episode VII.
Also, Steven Spielberg Quentin Tarantino, Zack Snyder, will NOT direct.

What do you think of this choice?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:41:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 4:43:00 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"I personally dont think Harrison Ford is too old. I thought he did a great job in the last Indy."

I don't know - he looked pretty old in Cowboys & Aliens

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 3:40:16 PM PST
What do you think of this choice?

meh

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:16:59 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
Any word on Andrew Stanton?

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:39:52 AM PST
Roman85 says:
Disney needs to do "The Old Republic", hands down....it is just begging to be made, check out the YouTube game sequences

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:27:34 AM PST
S. Stalcup says:
--What was YOUR reaction when you heard the news?
Well, they took their bloody time, didn't they? Star Tours opened up HOW MANY DECADES AGO? It makes sense. What doesn't is that it took THIS LONG.
--What do you think of a new Trilogy?
There's nowhere to go but up. I'm excited about this if it's put in the hands of fans who remember what made the originals great (see: Russell T. Davies era Doctor Who or the new 4th Doctor audio plays as examples).
--How will Star Wars without George Lucas be?
BRILLIANT!
--What do you want the films to cover?
Rot setting in as the Alliance becomes the New Republic. One of the Skywalkers goes to the Dark Side and becomes leader of a new branch of Sith Lords. I'd like it to be Leia as that would provide conflict in that Han and Luke have to defeat her. One of them has to die in the attempt. Ford wanted Han to die in the original trilogy, so . . . maybe.
--Should Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford return?
Yes. No one's going to accept offshoot stories or recasts or "The Next Generation." Yes, they're old, but that could work to an advantage. Solo with grey hair and beard would be closer to the McQuarrie concept drawings. Leia closer in appearance to Mon Mothma. Luke closer to Obi-Wan in age if not appearance. Give the people what they want. Recognizable characters we care about and please re-mystify The Force!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:24:17 AM PST
gambitrmp says:
Except we know that midiclorian count is only the start of it & training is required to become a great jedi & discipline is required not to become a corrupt sith.

Think of it as having good DNA. Even with that, if you eat junk food & lay on the couch all day, some one legged person might be able to out hop you in a race but if you dedicate yourself you might be the next Michael Jordan so to speak.

I really don't care one way or the other about the midi stuff but you seem to be ignoring the effort side completely which is wrong.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:55:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:23:11 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
I think what bothers some fans (it does me a little) is that the midichlorian business somewhat takes away from the mysticism of the Force.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  646
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions