Customer Discussions > Movie forum

TV Shows That You Wish Hadn't Been Axed Or Canceled

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 355 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:41:29 PM PST
RichieV says:
Freaks and Geeks,

That show was so good, can't believe it got cancelled.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:08:59 PM PST
"Hearts Afire"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 4:26:47 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
"Well, I'm still upset that Star Trek: TOS was cancelled after three seasons in 1969!"

Just for the record, it almost didn't make 3 seasons. A huge letter-writing campaign from fans saved it for one more season. Good thing it wasn't put up against "Batman" like "Lost In Space". It probably wouldn't've even made it one season. As it was, "L.I.S." got changed from a serious, intense sci-fi drama to a zany, campy Ed Wood version of itself ("You bumbling booby") just to try to grab attention from the Bat-maniacs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 4:56:53 PM PST
M. Gaudet says:
I think star trek enterprise should have gotten a fifth season.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 5:11:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 5:12:46 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
M. Gaudet

I'm with you there, and why not the, by then, canonical seven seasons? The show was really cooking during the third and fourth seasons. It's well known that the beloved Next Generation didn't really finds its real legs until it's third season.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:57:05 AM PST
H. R. Holt says:
Firefly, Dollhouse, Human Target, and Awake. I'm sure there are more.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:17:52 AM PST
joessmithy says:
White Dwarf [VHS]

As a kid, I used to stay up to 1am to catch the rerun of this pilot on SciFi. Such an interesting story with great characters.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:13:10 AM PST
AIRBORNE6176 says:
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was just hitting it's stride at Season 2 before Disney & Marvel decided to change/revamp the EXCELLENT more comic-based storyline with one moreso from the live-action motion picture. A real shame, indeed...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:04:57 AM PST
The same can be said for Wolverine & The X-Men. Such a good series with a great cliffhanger for a follow-up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:11:28 AM PST
Ahmad says:
Our House from back in the mid 1980's.. only 2 series.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:26:11 PM PST
F. E. Green says:
The Firm, Friday Night Lights, American Dreams, Mercy, House

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:17:10 PM PST
Cavaradossi says:
F. E. Green

Yikes! How could I have forgotten Friday Night Lights! Thanks for adding that great show.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:43:30 PM PST
Apple's Way

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:27:18 PM PST
Because the TV Series Forum is dead.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:41:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 8:11:39 PM PST
Too short: Firefly, My Own Worst Enemy, Arrested Development, UFO, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Dresden Files, Fawlty Towers*, Dark Skies, Twin Peaks (needed more involvement from Lynch in season 2), Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Invasion, The 4400, Crusade

Too long: X-Files, Smallville, Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock Holmes, Red Dwarf

Just right: new Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Chuck, The Prisoner (original, of course), Babylon 5**

Unknown: There was a show called "Otherworld," but I saw it so long ago, I don't know if it was really any good. "Riverworld" had a second pilot on SyFy - maybe it could have become good, who knows.

*One thing about British TV (often times) when they run out of ideas, they stop the show, so they're going for quality over quantity. Hence there only being 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers.
** But the novel trilogies needed to be adapted to TV, and the Telepath War needed to be covered.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:30:39 AM PST
D. Larson says:
"Galactica" was at least one season too long. Maybe two seasons. As the years went on and the good ideas ran out, it just got dumber and more anvilicious.

Having skimmed a friends "Babylon 5" set, I'd say the same problem afflicted that show. Once they decided Bruce Boxleitner (?!) was a stand-in for Jesus Christ, the parables overcame the plot lines.

Maybe TV sci fi needs to learn how to quit when they're ahead; look at the sad wreckage of Season 7 Buffy Vampire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 1:23:31 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
Imho, how long "Smallville" lasted wasn't the problem.
They really f***ed up the last 3 seasons & especially the finale,
in more ways than I can even describe!
A show that started so promisingly deserved so much better.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:12:51 PM PST
KinksRock says:
Profit - The Complete Series . . . That show was ahead of its time. Before THE SOPRANOS, before MAD MEN, a show with a main character with no ethics, no morals, but, for some reason, we like him.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:27:40 PM PST
Northern Exposure or, as my 5 yr old called it, "Noise and Smokers".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 4:38:24 PM PST
G. Barnes says:
The Killing - although I just heard yesterday that it's coming back for Season 3.
Survivors (BBC) - would love to have seen the third and final season.
Terra Nova - wasn't a huge fan, but I did enjoy watching it every week.
The Event - absolutely loved that show. Was really looking forward to the 2nd season. Ended on a big cliffhanger.
Outcasts (BBC) - a good show. Was just starting to warm up to it and found it had already been cancelled.
Last Resort - love that show, but stopped watching it once I found out that they were killing it off.
Law & Order: another five seasons would have been nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:02:21 PM PST
Balok says:
@Laust Cawz:

> Imho, how long "Smallville" lasted wasn't the problem.

Which reminds me: I was a fan of Lois & Clark. The cliffhanger ending of the series was kind of annoying (they ended on a cliffhanger because they'd been promised a fifth season, upon which promise the studio and network reneged). But if the direction that Tim Minear had *claimed* he was going to take the show would have been the direction in which the show would actually have gone, it's a good thing that the show ended when it did.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 10:04:44 PM PST
Balok says:
And just think. . . if Kolchak: the Night Stalker hadn't been canceled after one season, the world might have been spared The X-Files, or at least more people would have been aware of the extent to which The X-Files was a pale imitation of The Night Stalker.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 7:06:31 AM PST
Rock~N~Rolla says:
Seaquest DSV - Season One

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 7:52:33 AM PST
D. Larson says:
Sealab 2021!

"Those other religions can hash it out in hell for all eternity!" ~ Captain Murphy, on his Alvis Day celebration, speaking about the objections of other crewmembers of differing faiths.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 8:28:14 AM PST
El Emmarino says:
Oh Captain my Captain, how I adore thee.

Captain Murphy: Do you want the mustache on or off?
Debbie: Off, please.
Captain Murphy: Too bad.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions