Customer Discussions > Movie forum

TV Shows That You Wish Hadn't Been Axed Or Canceled

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 355 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:00:43 PM PST
J. Case says:
The Cape Was the guy ever going to be proved he was framed, also the Circus would the Cape have had to fight the leader of the Circus?

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:06:53 AM PST
RichieV says:
Don't trust the B in apartment 23 just got cancelled. I have to admit I liked the show about the "Bad Girl" (Don't trust the B) better than the show about the "Nice Girl" (New Girl)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 2:11:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 3:16:21 AM PST
I agree..."Secret Circle" went together with "Vampire Diaries" like Tarot goes with Grimoire n Witches Brew goes with Lady Fingers!!!...It was the puuurfect Ménage à trois 0 Witches and Vampires and Werewolves!!!

I miss that "block" on Thursday nights*...Although i see some 0 it's players have moved on to other projects...Incestuous really...One 0 the Witches from SC already crossed-over to VP...and one of the mortals from VD crossed over to a new show on CW... "Cult"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJnIGUmzZTw

(*ed

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 2:55:16 AM PST
Natalie says:
Firefly. Other than that, I only really watched House - and after 8 seasons, I was glad to see that go.

I wish they'd bring back Firefly. Stupid FOX.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 4:49:19 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
There is a new season of Arrested Development coming to Netflix soon, with a theatrical film to follow. The whole cast is back and were all behind it 100%, they actually played a huge part in it getting made.

Also if you are a David Cross fan, I suggest The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margarete (also on Netflix), and if you haven't seen it HBO's Mr.Show w/ Bob & David.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 6:51:12 AM PST
Balok says:
@RichieV:

> Don't trust the B in apartment 23 just got cancelled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lFbdP8xMU

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 6:54:01 AM PST
D. Larson says:
"Danger, Will.....what's your name again? Robertson? I used to know a Robertson, he ran a hardware store, drove a Packard. I think he went in '62. Gall bladder attack. It was that Chinese food that did it, I always told him, if God wanted us to eat with sticks, he wouldn't have given us forks, but would he listen? 'Course, he was deaf as a post in those last years, anyway....Who are you again, son? Willard? Wilfred? Can you find NCIS on this dad-gum television, I don't know why they put so darn many buttons on this....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 7:14:53 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "Don't trust the B in apartment 23 just got cancelled"

Well it warned you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:25:56 AM PST
12 episodes of Fawlty Towers? I thought there was only 9. That was the funniest show ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:28:37 AM PST
I stopped watching "Babylon 5" for a year. When I went back to it, one of the protagonist and one of the antagonist had switched places. I thought that was great! How many times does a good guy go bad? Nash Bridges, which came after, is the only other time I can think of.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:31:25 AM PST
Ernie is on "Happily Divorced" which is a funny show.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 11:40:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 11:46:32 AM PST
There was a series called "Frank's Place" starring Tim Reid, one of the few shows that showed the South, (New Orleans) as a place where normal people lived (quirky, but not ridiculous), and also one of the remarkably few shows to show Black people being human beings and not your typical television/Hollywood stock "Black characters". The show got consistently good critical reviews and still got cancelled after a season. Plenty of shows have had dismal first seasons and still allowed to build an audience, the first season of Frank's Place was solid throughout. Guess stuff like 227 and Amen was more understandable to television executives at the time. Of course even though it came out in '87 it still hasn't been released on Dvd, Blu-ray or any other format and probably never will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 12:13:02 PM PST
Balok says:
@Spiritual Architect:

> 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers? I thought there was only 9. That was
> the funniest show ever made.

Yup -- 12 episodes, in two series of 6 apiece. The "Basil the Rat" episode would be one of my prime candidates for "the funniest half hour in TV history." One major shock was the first time that I heard Andrew Sachs speak in his normal voice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 12:23:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 12:24:06 PM PST
Puffany says:
.@Balok, the thing that shocked me about Andrew Sachs is that he is actually German. I would've sworn he was Spanish.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 12:29:01 PM PST
He's not from Barcelona?

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 9:59:27 PM PST
J. Case says:
Reunion
4 unaired episodes, and other unanswered questions? Think of the something similar to Slasher movies who is the killer except you get to know the six High School Friends. Information was revealed who the killer was but it would have been best to see it. Marjorino run down by car who was the driver, would Carla and Aaron make it work even if they weren't on the same page at the same time, would there be a new villain if the killer was convicted?

Spiritual Architect and Others
What I think would be excellent would be tv shows even if they were cancelled have episodes written that would tie up all loose ends.
Loose ends in tv shows are like starting Qbs or other critical players that get benched, or injured during Football playoff games leaving many to wonder what they would have seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 2:36:33 AM PST
Balok says:
@Puffany:

> Balok, the thing that shocked me about Andrew Sachs is that he is actually German. I would've sworn
> he was Spanish.

Note that a significant percentage of the natives of Barcelona will tell you that they aren't Spanish, but Catalonian.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 2:50:38 PM PST
Laust Cawz says:
"I always wanted to know what the robot looked like when he got older. I suppose we'll never know..."

Because of what happened with the style of "L.I.S.", they decided to make the robot act human, but, of course, in reality, it would age the way other electronics do--it would become obsolete & would be replaced by a newer, more "improved", more "state-of-the-art" model, which, I guess, the Robinsons, Smith, West & the robot would never see. They must still be floating off in space somewhere...or maybe they were swallowed up by a black hole.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 8:54:05 AM PST
Alphas was a good show. It was one of the quality shows SyFy has ever produced. It really could have kicked out a couple more seasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 8:59:57 AM PST
Next up, Alex Smith stars in an alternate Reality show.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 9:09:00 AM PST
http://www.imdb.com/list/7K2EHE18N1s/

That is IMDb's
The 100 Most Brilliant but Canceled Shows of the Last 20 years.

Most f them I have never heard of.
The only ones I watched and miss are `Less Than Perfect' and `Outsourced'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 9:32:38 AM PST
That's interesting, I sorta' thought there were two women on the squad in the series Cold Case. Though the one woman certainly seemed to sleep around an awful lot. Didn't realize that the show revolved around her character.

Heroes might have started off brilliantly, but it soon become very cliched.

Dead on about Carnivale. That show deserved a chance to find it's audience.

Also agree about The Night Stalker, though they're referring to the wrong incarnation of that show.

Basically a list by the generation that has a short term memory deficit. Many of the shows only seem brilliant to people who haven't been around a bit. Many are interesting premises, but the actual show never delivered. If they were to extend that to brilliant shows that were cancelled with no set date, a series like Crime Story would have definitely knocked one of these off the list.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 10:05:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 25, 2013 10:05:47 AM PST
Cavaradossi says:
Spiritual Architect

Oh, yes, Outsourced. What a pity that didn't catch on. At least it had a full season and can be had in an official 3 DVD set, which I strongly recommend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 10:12:36 AM PST
Firefly for sure. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show with so much potential be thrown away with such disregard.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 10:59:55 AM PST
Speaking of shows that got cancelled. I really wish the 80's show Wiseguy had kept going. Wiseguy was created by the late great Steven J Cannell, and it has secured a place in television history as one of the first shows to use story arcs [a complete story that ends in a season]. The show also wasn't episodic, you had to watch them and the seasons in order as characters would evolve from season to season and events from earlier seasons could haunt a character three seasons down the road. One of the reasons the show was cancelled was that the star, Ken Wahl was in an accident, and then had a botched operation that left him in considerable pain. They tried to reboot the show with another undercover guy, Steven Bauer, but the chemistry of the show was lost, and Bauer didn't connect with audiences the way Wahl had. The show also had some great guest stars; Tim Curry, Paul Winfield, Glenn Frey, William Russ, the list goes on, and I will argue that Wiseguy is the show that made Kevin Spacey. His role as Mel Prophet, a psychopathic arms dealer, is one of the all time great television bad guys. Worth checking out if you've never seen it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions