Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

TV Shows That You Wish Hadn't Been Axed Or Canceled

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 355 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:18:44 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"(. . .and that Quark set isn't that cheap either. Esp. considering it was only a season of 8 eps.)"

I bought that set back in 2008 and paid $14 for it..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 11:39:12 AM PST
stevign says:
Karen Sisco was excellent and I was really sad to see it canceled. Both Karen Sisco and the new highly acclaimed "Justified" were both written by the same author.....Elmore Leonard.

"Karen Sisco is a United States Marshal. She is played by Carla Gugino in the tv series and Jennifer Lopez in the film Out of Sight. Gugino reprised the role, with the character now named Karen Goodall after a marriage, to avoid rights infringements, in the Justified episode "Cut Ties". ~ Wikia

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 12:29:55 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
stevign: Use to have Elmore Leonard as one of my favorite writers--his last few books have been so disordered (to me) that I found it hard to follow the story-line. J-Lo wasn't bad in the movie, neither was Clooney, but it wasn't a movie I would necessarily want to see again.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:50:48 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
Ironically, the third-season reruns of "Star Trek", after cancellation, were broadcast in a good time slot at last--think it was Tuesdays at 7:30 or something, out of the Friday-night graveyard for younger viewers. But it was too late. Show caught on in syndication. I remember it being broadcast locally after school around 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 1:53:58 PM PST
W.T. Keeton says:
Elmore Leonard's best writing is still his western short stories. They're some of the best of that genre, with "3:10 to Yuma" being adapted into not one, but two excellent movies versions.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:58:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:39:13 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
Back in the day, you knew a series was getting the axe if it kept getting pre-empted by other programming. This happened to my favorite show, "The Wild Wild West" (yet ANOTHER series which ran for four seasons). I'd get all set to watch. Then CBS would stick something else on. My young self was extremely pi/sed off.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:01:28 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "but it wasn't a movie I would necessarily want to see again."

I'd give it 5/10 stars. It was definitely worth seeing once.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:03:22 PM PST
T. spencer says:
My Dad loves the Wild Wild West. Wasn't it on Friday night?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:05:20 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
It was. So was ABC's "The Time Tunnel", which only ran for a single season (1966-67). The TT was pretty cheesy. I thought it was great.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:07:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:07:42 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
The crummy Time Tunnel kept breaking down and stuff. But the show was geared to kids. I was one, and thought it was awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:07:32 PM PST
T. spencer says:
We used to play Time Tunnel in my Grandmother's hallway when we were kids.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:09:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:42:12 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
We used to play "Man From UNCLE". I always had to be Ilya. I never got to be Napoleon Solo.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:12:50 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
We played Army guys, too.

"Combat!" was AWESOME. I dug that show, too. That series ran for five seasons.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 2:15:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:41:00 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
I remember "Combat!" in reruns later, I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 2:20:59 PM PST
These all the exact ones that I was going to list!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:10:30 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
It always rather amazed me that popular shows with an ensemble cast like Combat-that after it was cancelled the cast didn't get many roles afterwards. I was really surprised, years later, that many of the cast members of "Hill Street Blues" didn't get more and bigger roles. Joe Spano has been a semi-regular on NCIS for years, but Pizza Man and the District Atty he dated had little success after the show was over. Dennis Franz was on there for a while I think, and he did quite well later--but the rest of the cast ???

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:37:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 3:38:19 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
Well, Vic Morrow, of course, died tragically during the filming of "Twilight Zone: The Movie".

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:42:02 PM PST
T. spencer says:
We played that too!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:47:25 PM PST
T. spencer says:
James Sikking had another hit with Doogie Houser.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:52:44 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
T.: Never watched that show--so I missed that. He was funny on HSB. The episode where he was in charge of watching the mayor's wife's dog--and the do jumped out a window (some stories up one assumes) was hilarious. That same stunt was pulled in several movies in later years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:53:39 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Steelers: Several of the stars of HSB also died, but still I thought most of the others would get a lot more work than they apparently did.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 3:57:25 PM PST
T. spencer says:
James Sikking is a nice man too. I wrote him a letter when I was young and he wrote a really nice note back to me. I still have it!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:36:34 PM PST
AJA says:
Elmore Leonard also wrote the Western novels Hombre and Valdez is Coming, both of which were made into very good movies, the former starring Paul Newman and the latter featuring Burt Lancaster.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:40:40 PM PST
Larry Kelley says:
Hombre is in my top ten for western movies. The story was great, the cast was great, Richard Boone and the Mexican bandit were worthy of Oscars. Cameron Mitchell delivered a very good line when his ex-girlfriend ask him what he was doing holding up the stage. The final 10 to 15 minutes was just outstanding. Valdez is Coming was a very good western movie.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:05:12 PM PST
Georgedc says:
Just one: FRIENDS!!!!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions