Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Boardway Empire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 7:17:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:19:10 PM PST
A Customer says:
This season of Boardwalk Empire. The best yet, far far superior to the first two seasons, which is odd, that doesn't happen often, maybe ever, with cable shows.

But what's the deal with Al Capone? I love that character, he's a bad guy but you can't help but like him. But Al Capone was Italian and HBO's Al looks like the map of Ireland. Is there anyone who doesn't think "Irish gangster" when he see's Boardwalk Empire's Al Capone?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:41:26 PM PST
Oz le Fou says:
Don't you hate it how you can't edit the thread titles?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:52:58 PM PST
Mary Mary says:
Uh, I think it's Boardwalk, not Boardway

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:53:50 PM PST
Mary Mary says:
Yeah, this season is great. I'm surprised. I mean, with Jimmy & his wife gone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:20:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 9:20:22 AM PST
A Customer says:
Boardway, Boardwalk, whatever, it was obviously a typo, I typed Boardwalk in the first sentence of the OP. I've never seen a series get better as the seasons go on, it's defying the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:50:48 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
Before clcking, I wondered if the title was deliberate and some play on the word Broadway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:23:45 PM PST
Mickey Ryan says:
You kidding? There is nothing remotely Irish about the actor who portrays Capone. I understand he is from England in real life, but the guy doesn't look Irish at all.

Al's wife, though, was Irish to the core.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:42:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 1:02:53 PM PST
A Customer says:
I'm from Boston and HBO's Al Capone looks like he could be part of the Winter Hill gang, Whitey Bulger's right-hand man. Do you think he looks Italian? Gyp Rosetti, now he looks Italian. Same with all those other Italian mobsters on that show, except for Al, who looks like he should be sucking down a Guinness in some tavern in South Boston or Charlestown.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:48:34 PM PST
Mickey Ryan says:
I am 2nd generation Irish-American from Jersey, I have an uncle up in Charlestown. Whitey's right hand man was half-Italian (Salemme?) I think. He also had an Italian, John Martarano <sp?>, as one of his hitters.

Gyp is certainly Italian-looking. Specifically Neopolitan. I dislike the actor they chose to portray Lucky Luciano. Nobody did that better than Andy Garcia in 'Hoodlum' IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:00:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 1:01:38 PM PST
A Customer says:
If there's one sure bet it's that Gyp gets whacked by this season finale, he's too psycho to survive. I'm betting Nucky hires Harrow (the guy with the mask) to whack him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:16:02 PM PST
Mickey Ryan says:
I agree I'm convinced he's going.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions