Customer Discussions > Movie forum

The Super-Happy Nice Chat Room

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:35:08 AM PDT
My office has a "Make Every Day Special" calendar.

Today just happens to be "World Cat Day".

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:52:34 AM PDT
Wow, you can just feel the positive energy emanating from this wonderful group! It's like shiny warm rays of happy golden energy gently embracing me all around. We've got board games, and billiards, and popcorn, and champagne, and strawberries, and good company. I'll bring the lawn jarts and frisbee. This truly feels like Heaven on Earth.

Have I told you all how much you mean to me lately? (Gets choked-up with emotion) Aww, C'mon you guys, it's time for a group-hug!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:56:21 AM PDT
"My office has a "Make Every Day Special" calendar. "

I have a Star Wars calendar hanging on my wall at home and this month features Qui-Gon Jinn, and it reads, "Remember, Qui-Gon loves you!". No, it doesn't really say that, but it should.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:00:21 AM PDT
Hikari says:
Goodness knows, I love Qui Gon . .

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:03:26 AM PDT
bella7 says:
Rock,

I'll bring some rainbows and Care Bears. : )

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:10:57 AM PDT
We are clearly going to need a bigger champagne bucket. And maybe a Nebuchadnezzar of something nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:14:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 9:15:37 AM PDT
Well then you'd love this calendar. Last month featured Han Solo. Next month is a Stormtrooper. It's almost a perfect calendar except that there's no Slave Leia month. What's up with that? Ah, well, I can't complain for a calendar that I bought for only a buck on clearance last February at Big Lots.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:14:59 AM PDT
"I'll bring some rainbows and Care Bears. : )"

You complete this thread, Bella.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:15:45 AM PDT
Rock: OK--which would you prefer--Slave Leia, or Shauna The Drill Thrall in the original Star Trek?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:25:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 9:26:14 AM PDT
"Slave Leia, or Shauna The Drill Thrall"

I think I'd go with Slave Leia.

I've got one for you...Who would you prefer, Famke Janssen as Kamala from Star Trek: TNG, or Persis Khambata as Ilia from Star Trek: The Motion Picture? Don't blow your circuits thinking it over too long now.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:39:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 10:40:19 AM PDT
Rock: Famke Janssen. Definitely. Although I would prefer Shauna the Drill Thrall. I would train her well. As she would to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:09:44 AM PDT
Shauna reminds me of Lady Gaga. Speaking of which....

Star Trek Orion Women, "Just Dance"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25ilfAuHvlY

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:26:19 AM PDT
bella7 says:
Rock,

I'm so bummed they blocked all youtube sites at my job. I'll just have to envision what this Orion dance looks like. : )

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:50:24 AM PDT
It's just a cute little video that someone made using footage of the Orion girls from the various Star Trek shows and movies matched up to Lady Gaga's just Dance song. It works really well together.

That sucks that they won't allow you to access You Tube at work. At my jobsite You Tube is one of the sites I can actually get at work for some reason. Forget trying to look up lottery numbers, or anything to do with games, and most social networks. Surprisingly I can access Amazon though?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:50:39 AM PDT
Dare we introduce yet another contest? Best (pardon me, ladies, since you know I mean the term with respect) Star Trek Babes?

There is more than enough, ah, material in the original series, and the possibilities with added Next Generation candidates are mind-boggling.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:57:50 AM PDT
Hikari says:
William Shatner would still hold the crown as #1 Star Trek Babe no matter how many shows we throw in. But I'll play. I've always thought Marina Sirkis as Counsellor Troi was a real deep-space babe. She's luscious enough to almost make me wish I was into girls. Not quite.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:59:14 AM PDT
So many Star Trek Hotties. I watched all the classic Trek movies recently and I kept getting distracted by all the cuties in tight-fitting uniforms and skirts in the background. That Gene Roddenberry sure knew how to captivate his male audience.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 12:10:42 PM PDT
H: There are quite a striking number of great space babes: Counselor Troi to be sure, but don't forget roles played by Lee Meriwether, Joan Collins, Famke Janssen, just to name a few.

One could not argue for quite the same degree of male pulchritude. The show that has an astonishingly high degree of male pulchritude is Charmed. Take a look sometime. The casting director certainly had an eye.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:18:19 PM PDT
I always thought the Star Trek woman were a little subpar. On the other hand, the men were fantastic! Spock, Pavel Chekov, Jean-Luc Picard, Data, Will Riker, Wesley Crusher, Julian Bashir... so many more wonderful men. Didn't some of the men were skirts in the original tv show?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:28:44 PM PDT
Seven of Nine would/should win (in my book).

But then I like guys, so what do I know? As a female, I say this with all due respect to her-- Seven was smoking hot!

WAS: how was your pork butt? It sounded delicious!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:35:20 PM PDT
Good grief, how could I forget about Seven of Nine? She was absolutely beautiful. Good Call Mischief!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:40:34 PM PDT
Oh yeah, Marina Sirtis is very beautiful. She has some of the most gorgeous hair too.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:42:55 PM PDT
Chekov and Wesley, really? Hey, Guys, there's hope for us yet!

Riker is a Man's Man for sure though. Chakotay was great too, for a guy I mean.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 12:45:15 PM PDT
KinksRock says:
How come I don't hear anyone mentioning Whoopi Goldberg?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:47:02 PM PDT
"Charmed"

Don't forget Baywatch, and the spoof show Son of the Beach. Oh, Mama!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  1676
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions